Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Noob Lexus Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13 | 10:02 AM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Default Noob Lexus Owner

Hi.....

Found this forum and I love all the info. flowing around so I though it would be good to join :-) My name's Mark and I live in San Jose (Go Sharks).....

I got a 93 LS400 with 190k back in October and I have to say I really like this car. Mainly got it for commuting (80 miles a day). Yeah I know it's not "great" on gas but for the price I go it and what else was out there I felt this was a nice way to go. I have done a bunch of little stuff to it and getting ready to do some more like (I have everything, just need to install it): After market stereo, Seat Covers, New Antenna, Shocks, Front Suspension Rebuild incuding A Arm Bushings and just bought a set of 2012 17" ES Rims and Tires.

What are the thoughts around here on lowering kits and how much to lower? I have found some Springs for around $200 that would drip it around 1.5". I don't want it slammed and I don't mind a stiffer ride. Not a fan of how soft it is righ now and hopefully the new shocks will address part of tht.

Anyways - Nice to meet ya'all and any heads up / suggestions regarding the LS400 is always welcome.

~Mark
Old 01-23-13 | 02:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
CL Folding 100000

I suggest you take a peek at the faqs and stickied threads in the LS400 forum...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400-183/
Old 01-23-13 | 03:07 PM
xrsracer
Pole Position

Welcome to clublexus. Any pics of your ride right now so we can give u for info on things.
Old 01-23-13 | 03:12 PM
Hoovey689

Welcome to CL!!
Old 01-23-13 | 03:35 PM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome :-)

I'll get some pix when I get home tonight but it's a typical Stock 93 LS400. Grey Leather Interior, stock rims andnon air suspension, 2 tone white and grey.
Old 01-23-13 | 11:58 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome to CL!

Go Sharks!
Old 01-24-13 | 09:28 AM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!

They are lookin' pretty good so far eh :-)

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Welcome to CL!

Go Sharks!
Old 01-24-13 | 03:25 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position
CL Folding 10,000

Welcome to CL!

I'd suggest coilovers for your ride if you have the budget. I'm sure the LS guys probably have quite a few reviews on different brands you can read up on.

I personally run the Megan LP coils on my SC and am happy with the drop and damper adjustment on them. Not sure if they make them for the LS but just an idea.
Old 01-24-13 | 03:38 PM
xlexusx
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-25-13 | 10:58 AM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash. My current shocks are shot (192k). I have a new set of Shocks ready to put on. I am thinking might as well throw on some new coils as well, being that the ones on there are the originals and god knows how much wear they have due to the bad shocks.

I will probably end up painting my current rims for now and get a new set of shoes. Then give it a few months to see how deep I want to get into this thing :-)

Here's a pic of her as she sits now.....

Originally Posted by 3L4jzz31
Welcome to CL!

I'd suggest coilovers for your ride if you have the budget. I'm sure the LS guys probably have quite a few reviews on different brands you can read up on.

I personally run the Megan LP coils on my SC and am happy with the drop and damper adjustment on them. Not sure if they make them for the LS but just an idea.
Attached Thumbnails Noob Lexus Owner-lexus.jpg  
Old 01-29-13 | 03:57 PM
dj76
Driver School Candidate

looks nice, and pretty low mileage considering the age
Old 02-01-13 | 09:57 AM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Here's what I have been working on for the past 10 Years or so. This is my latest beast.

I'm a Noob to Lexus but not to working on suspension and light motor work
Attached Thumbnails Noob Lexus Owner-hh-6.jpg   Noob Lexus Owner-sierrafest-2012-slick-rock-1.jpg  
Old 02-26-13 | 07:46 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

Late Welcome to the Club Lexus NorCal family....
Old 02-26-13 | 07:48 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3L4jzz31
Welcome to CL!

I have to agree, if you have the budget just go for coilovers at least this way you can adjust your ride height to exactly how you want it..
Old 03-05-13 | 12:00 PM
SharkMark
Driver School Candidate

Finally got it done....

I ended up going with Sensen Shocks and H&R 1" Coils. Replaced both ball joints, TRE's and Sway Bar Links. I just finished today so it still needs to settle but man what a difference the ride is. 3 out of 4 of my old shocks were done, and the front BallJoints were so trashed. The ride is more solid and it's going to take a while to get used to. No more bouncing when I hit a bump - HAHA and no more clunking.

Kinda dirty in this pic. I will post a couple more later this week.
Attached Thumbnails Noob Lexus Owner-lexus-3-5-13.jpg  

Quick Reply: Noob Lexus Owner