Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

***Norcal Certified*** Friday Night Restaurant Roulette (FNRR) Mini Meets

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 11:17 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ***Norcal Certified*** Friday Night Restaurant Roulette (FNRR) Mini Meets

FnRR - Friday Night Restaurant Roulette will be a monthly Mini Meet in which we will rotate different restaurant venues every gathering.

This will be a great chance for old and new members to get together and get introduced while also being able to try out different types of food genres around the Bay Area.

I encourage everyone to feel free to throw out restaurant suggestions as I am sure that we all have places in mind that other's have not been to yet. However, please keep the following few criteria in mind before submitting restaurant suggestions.

1. Must be "group" friendly.
2. Must be parking "friendly". (driveways suitable for lowered cars, and ample parking spaces)
3. Preferably pocket "friendly". ($-$$ price range, so everyone can have an opportunity to try out the menu.)

Each FnRR Mini Meet will have a designated coordinator. The coordinator's responsibility will be to collect each person's dues "Fairly" and ensure the bill is paid.

"Fairly" = Item(s) Cost PLUS Tax & 18% Gratuity. As most of us already know, 18% is pretty much standard gratuity charge for large groups and parties of 8 or more. This will also help ensure us to be welcomed back if we decide to go again in the future.

Also, as not all restaurants are willing to "split check". CASH is preferred to make things easier at the end of the night.

Last but not least, Please no Revving, Burnout's, Racing, or any other "idiot" behavior. It only takes one incident to ruin things for everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will start off by doing FNRR once a month. If things go well and there is more interest, we can do Bi-monthly and even weekly meets in the future.

FnRR will be held on the 1st Friday of every Month. We will aim to have dinner around 7pm and hopefully finish up by 9pm. There will be a caravan for those who want to head over to Canibeat meets afterwards.

Direct Link to Monthly Date & Location.

APRIL 2013
MAY 2013
JUNE 2013

Last edited by ISCjonny; 06-02-13 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-10-13, 10:48 AM
Dee8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I will await details =]
Old 03-10-13, 11:45 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1st Fridays for me.
Old 03-10-13, 10:44 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like fun!
Old 03-10-13, 10:55 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great idea Jon! I don't have a preference as to which Friday of the month, but there's a new pizza place in the East Bay I like that would be good for this - Jules Thin Crust in Danville. Great food, group seating, lowered car friendly and shouldn't be more than $10-$15 pp.
Old 03-10-13, 11:28 PM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canibeat is the first Friday of every month down at Pacific Commons in Fremont. If we were to have this done on the first Friday, we should all roll in Canibeat after. But other than that, i don't have any specific preference on which Fridays.
Old 03-11-13, 12:42 AM
RoverBoi88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yammy
Canibeat is the first Friday of every month down at Pacific Commons in Fremont. If we were to have this done on the first Friday, we should all roll in Canibeat after. But other than that, i don't have any specific preference on which Fridays.
agreed with Yammy!.... last friday of the month would be cool!! end the month with good food haha!

sushi restaurant in Fremont.... ive been going there for a long time and it has always been an enjoyable and friendly location to eat at. Semo Sushi is the name.... it does run a tad pricey, just cuz he serves larrrge amounts of fish. ball park around 18-40$ pending what you get!
Old 03-11-13, 09:21 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmm food! no preference on Fridays for me.
Old 03-11-13, 10:49 AM
ISFngU
Rookie

Originally Posted by RoverBoi88
sushi restaurant in Fremont.... ive been going there for a long time and it has always been an enjoyable and friendly location to eat at. Semo Sushi is the name.... it does run a tad pricey, just cuz he serves larrrge amounts of fish. ball park around 18-40$ pending what you get!
+1
Old 03-11-13, 02:08 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No Preference on which Friday.

Why don't we go to our old watering hole in Fremont? Kayenyama ?

If that place is too pricey, there are many other choices, and as was posted already, if we align the event on the same Friday as Anthony's event, we can roll in to that activity after dinner.
Old 03-11-13, 05:04 PM
Doublade
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say 2nd or last friday. First friday does have canibeat already, but Id prefer it to be broken up among the fridays, I wouldnt to stay out for 3-4 hours every first friday, for two events.

I like to plan my weeks, so having something to look forward to the next friday after or the last of the month would be cool
Old 03-11-13, 05:04 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

I vouch for mcdonalds
Old 03-11-13, 05:05 PM
Doublade
Driver

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
I vouch for mcdonalds
only ballahs on vip modulars can afford mcdonalds..
Old 03-11-13, 06:49 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

I heard Broadway Bistro in San Mateo was pretty good o.O
Old 03-11-13, 08:40 PM
Lexotic430
Rookie

How about Wing Stop in San Carlos...pretty good just had it

Quick Reply: ***Norcal Certified*** Friday Night Restaurant Roulette (FNRR) Mini Meets