Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

2014 GS 350 Software Technology Update?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-14, 10:41 AM
Computer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 GS 350 Software Technology Update?

I would like 3 functions/capabilities added to me 2013 GS 350. Is a software upgrade (official or unofficial) available for:

iPhone text message replies
Text messages received on my iPhone will be displayed on the GS screen. However, the "canned" text message responses that come pre-programmed on the GS do not work with the iPhone (I believe it works with Samsung and perhaps Android devices).

Contacts imported from iPhone
The GS system will allow 1000 contacts to be imported from 3 (4?) different mobile devices. I have several thousand contacts stored on my iPhone. I either want to import ALL my contacts (which would fill most if not all of the slots available on the GS)...or...select just a few contacts (250 or so) which would be imported into the GS. Ideally, this would be done by "tagging", "grouping", or "identifying" the appropriate contacts with a special identifier or group within the iPhone that would be recognized by the GS and thus import only those contacts in that "group". I do not want to delete all the contacts on my phone (backup first of course!), import only the contacts that I want sync'd to the GS, import into the GS, then re-import all the backed'up contacts back onto my iPhone.

Backup Camera
Rumor has it that the Japanese version of the backup camera software follows the car as it turns vs the fixed position on the US version. I would like the Japanese version.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.