Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any SF bay area mechanics who specialize in old lexus models?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-18, 12:44 AM
Boredsoim1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any SF bay area mechanics who specialize in old lexus models?

I have a 2000 lexus ls400 with 187k miles I just bought and am looking for a mechanic that is a little more specialized for this vehicle. Really want to make it last for years and years cause these cars are such a dream to drive. I have a mechanic that did a good job on my timing belt and water pump replacement, but he is always in a rush and doesn't seem to specialize in toyota/lexus cars. His prices were also pretty steep. I know that if I run into a highly specific problem with the electronics down the line, I might be SOL and have to wing it on my own. I know this forum is extensive, but boy I don't trust myself for anything beyond basic maintenance.

Looking online is just gonna put me into ads and fake yelp reviews, so asking this question to you all will give me a more specific and accurate result I think. So if anyone happens to be roughly in the SF bay area and knows a great shop for these cars let me know!
Old 03-10-18, 02:07 PM
genji
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boredsoim1
I have a 2000 lexus ls400 with 187k miles I just bought and am looking for a mechanic that is a little more specialized for this vehicle. Really want to make it last for years and years cause these cars are such a dream to drive. I have a mechanic that did a good job on my timing belt and water pump replacement, but he is always in a rush and doesn't seem to specialize in toyota/lexus cars. His prices were also pretty steep. I know that if I run into a highly specific problem with the electronics down the line, I might be SOL and have to wing it on my own. I know this forum is extensive, but boy I don't trust myself for anything beyond basic maintenance.

Looking online is just gonna put me into ads and fake yelp reviews, so asking this question to you all will give me a more specific and accurate result I think. So if anyone happens to be roughly in the SF bay area and knows a great shop for these cars let me know!
Exact Motorsports
The following users liked this post:
Boredsoim1 (03-13-18)
Old 03-12-18, 02:14 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 365 Likes on 246 Posts

Exact Motor Sports..... They take care of my '92 SC and '01 LS....... No occasion yet for the '14 LS.

On especially the SC, they did all of the major mods and repairs over a 2-3 year period....

Last edited by Duck05; 03-12-18 at 02:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Boredsoim1 (03-13-18)
Old 03-13-18, 12:42 AM
Boredsoim1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to check them out. Thank you!