Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 12:22 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks: from the Big Kahuna of NorCal V.2

All,
well now that I have recuperated, and I am once again fully coherent, I thought it's time for me to respond to you all. Please bear with my long winded response, because there are soo many to thank.

I can't say thanks enough to the words of praise given by many of you. I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but let me just say that I'm glad our efforts are appreciated and it gives me and my team great satisfaction in knowing that you all had a good time. We do this all for Fun, for Free and for You !

Of course my Meet Committee Team of volunteer's is truly the key. I subjected these guys to many cell calls and e-mails throughout the day (starting 6am) and well into the late night (past 2am), we held an AIM virtual meeting late at night, and had an early Saturday, 8am breakfast meeting. Their prompt responses and loyal participation in these activities is testimony to the dedication and professionalisim of the people I worked with. They not only did all these things, but they did it while maintaining all the typical family and work obligations that we all have. The fact that we pulled off the whole event from just an idea to reality in just 3 weeks time is amazing as well. Though I may feel honored & proud to be called the "Big Kahuna", I am even more honored & proud to say that these people are my friends:

R.maestas, Solo, Neo, Synergy, Rominl, Jawnthen, Redgs4 and Most Importantly the wives: Ava, Heather, Ritsa & Maricar, Thanks Again.

Thanks as well to all the volunteers, who un-selfishly offered their help .

Thanks to my friends down in SoCal who made the trip up, especially Ryan (flipside909) and Ken (LXOGOOD) who contibuted to the meet in many ways. We will definitely have to return the favor next year. Let's hope that one day we can look forward to having an ALL Cal meet. Now that would be BIG.

Special thanks to all our sponsors:

Mark Peachey at Lexus of Stevens Creek, who put a lot of faith and trust in us. We requested for his venue with very short notice and he was a gracious host in return.

Ethan Kay, director of ClubLexus, who worked entirely in the background and overall was just too modest to let people know what he Really did to help, but I must tell you his contribution was a KEY factor in making this event a reality.

Todd at TM Enginnering , Mike at Pro Lex Performance and Chris at Roxio, made enormous contributions to the raffle, above and beyond what I would dare ask a sponsor for.

**** @ Mitcom (Delphi XM & Alumapro), Sandy & John @ Exact were with us since NorCal V.1, back when it was our first time ever to have a meet (no experience, know nothing about nothing) and yet they supported us, which is really what allowed NorCal V.2 to be possible.

Joe @Custom Alignment, Brian at LeMans, Phil @ ADS Mobile, Gilbert @ 818 Motoring, Ken @Alumapro and Jedi & webmaster@ IS300.net, Thanks for being first time sponsors. The NorCal Lexus community is a tight knit group and I know we will return your contributions with our patronage, many times over.

In closing, to my knowledge, during the 2 & 1/2 years that I have been on ClubLexus, I have not seen a Lexus Only event held anywhere in the country that has obtained the number of cars (80+) , the quantity (43) and dollar value of raffle prizes ( $4144.38) and the days high temperature (95+ degrees ) that was achieved up here in NorCal.

Our success can be credited to the people who Made These Numbers Happen (and the Sun) !

The meet officials, the sponsors and YOU the participants have a lot to be proud of.

See you next year,

Glen aka - RMMGS4

The Rest of the Story:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93676
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=94734
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=96191
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13360566

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-01-03 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-24-03, 09:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

great post! i want to take the chance and thank everyone involved as well, without the help from everyone the event wouldn't have been that great. but now it's recover time for me, i guess the sun killed me pretty badly..... suffering a 102F fever right now, it's so hot everywhere @_@
Old 10-01-03, 10:00 AM
cjnmel
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

will there be another LEXUS meet up anytime soon?
Old 10-01-03, 10:24 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by cjnmel
will there be another LEXUS meet up anytime soon?
Another meet of the same level as the one we just had? YES !

Next year same time.

Every month there are activities that we hold which are not Meets per say, but things to do, go karting, lunch, etc.

On any given activity ,anywhere from 5 to 15 cars may show up, so it ALWAYS becomes a mini-meet one way or the other.

Currently several members are working feverishly at filming footage for the video DVD to be released in a few weeks, so no activities until that is done.

Just keep checking the NorCal section.

I will be posting something soon.
Old 10-21-03, 11:25 AM
cjnmel
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Thanks!