Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SF Bay Area Exhaust Shop Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-22, 12:29 PM
CarGoBoom
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Exhaust Shop Recommendations?

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting here and I'm hoping I can get some help. Does anyone know of an exhaust shop in the SF Bay Area that could help me fab a valved exhaust onto an invida exhaust? Reason being is I live in Foster City and there's a specific cop that keeps pulling me over. The first time he told me I was "going too fast" but he didn't know how fast I was going so he had to let me go. The second time he tried to ticket me for the tint being too dark (but when I told him it was stock he dropped it like a hot potato). The third time (yesterday) he pulled me over because my exhaust is "too loud" and because I have an illegal CAI even though he didn't even look under the hood. Then he told me to pop the hood and started poking around but since I don't think he knows what to look for, he could only get me on the intake. I asked him how he came to the conclusion that the exhaust was too loud and if he had a decibel meter. He obviously didn't and I had to argue that his conclusion was arbitrary unless he could actually measure it. This was another botched attempt to ticket me so he let me go. Now one thing I'd like to mention is I have an RCF that I bought off of IamNaeem earlier this year. It's got PPE Longtube headers, invidia exhaust, and Takeda CAI which are the only main concerns for CARB compliance. Outside of that, I shouldn't have issues with local PD or CHP.

So to avoid any issues with the numbnut with Foster City PD, do you guys have any recommendations? I'm looking for:

1) a stock RCF airbox/intake if anyone has one laying around since aFe doesn't have a CARB sticker for the intake. I also cannot find any CAI that is CARB legal.
2) Since I have PPE longtube headers, does anyone know how I can make the exhaust carb legal so I don't get popped? I'm concerned this cop may try to have my car impounded. I was either going to a) have the stock cats welded to the invidia right at the end of the headers or b) have an exhaust valve and high-flow cat/resonator installed that I can switch on and off. Going back to stock headers just won't be possible for me. There's gotta be some other option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-13-22, 10:10 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 694 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGoBoom
Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting here and I'm hoping I can get some help. Does anyone know of an exhaust shop in the SF Bay Area that could help me fab a valved exhaust onto an invida exhaust? Reason being is I live in Foster City and there's a specific cop that keeps pulling me over. The first time he told me I was "going too fast" but he didn't know how fast I was going so he had to let me go. The second time he tried to ticket me for the tint being too dark (but when I told him it was stock he dropped it like a hot potato). The third time (yesterday) he pulled me over because my exhaust is "too loud" and because I have an illegal CAI even though he didn't even look under the hood. Then he told me to pop the hood and started poking around but since I don't think he knows what to look for, he could only get me on the intake. I asked him how he came to the conclusion that the exhaust was too loud and if he had a decibel meter. He obviously didn't and I had to argue that his conclusion was arbitrary unless he could actually measure it. This was another botched attempt to ticket me so he let me go. Now one thing I'd like to mention is I have an RCF that I bought off of IamNaeem earlier this year. It's got PPE Longtube headers, invidia exhaust, and Takeda CAI which are the only main concerns for CARB compliance. Outside of that, I shouldn't have issues with local PD or CHP.

So to avoid any issues with the numbnut with Foster City PD, do you guys have any recommendations? I'm looking for:

1) a stock RCF airbox/intake if anyone has one laying around since aFe doesn't have a CARB sticker for the intake. I also cannot find any CAI that is CARB legal.
2) Since I have PPE longtube headers, does anyone know how I can make the exhaust carb legal so I don't get popped? I'm concerned this cop may try to have my car impounded. I was either going to a) have the stock cats welded to the invidia right at the end of the headers or b) have an exhaust valve and high-flow cat/resonator installed that I can switch on and off. Going back to stock headers just won't be possible for me. There's gotta be some other option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For questions like these you'll likely get better help in the RCF forum and/or the pacific regional forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-2015-present-259/