NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus nx300h (F SPORT 3 beam) headlight upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-23, 03:11 PM
Amze10
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus nx300h (F SPORT 3 beam) headlight upgrade

Hi guys, first post so forgive any mistakes.

I have just purchased a crash damaged lexus nx300h. Damage was light so just front bumper lights and rad needed changing.

Manage to find a rear end fire damage F Sport at the salvage yard so i went ahead and bought the complete front end for £4000

Now everything fitted on perfect and the lights both work perfectly however the left hand indicator/drl will not work.

Also when i turn the car of the left headlight stays on for a while before going off.

I know there is a previous post that explains that F SPORT HEADLIGHTS do no work with non F sport cars but i have seen someone do it and there one seemed to work normal. So i am not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-23, 06:59 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

Regarding the left headlight, approximately how long does it remain on? Would you say it is at full brightness during that time, or at some reduced intensity?

The 3-beam headlight usually has one beam that is adaptive; it rotates to better illuminate the roadway in front of you as you turn. This action requires either a different headlight control computer, or alternatively, different software. I am not sure if the adaptive feature is available (or allowed) in the U.K.
Some vehicles use a steering angle sensor to control the beam position, while others simply use the turn indicator. So, there could be a correlation between anomalies observed in both the left headlight and left turn indicator.
Old 06-08-23, 08:25 AM
Amze10
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n0v8or
Regarding the left headlight, approximately how long does it remain on? Would you say it is at full brightness during that time, or at some reduced intensity?

The 3-beam headlight usually has one beam that is adaptive; it rotates to better illuminate the roadway in front of you as you turn. This action requires either a different headlight control computer, or alternatively, different software. I am not sure if the adaptive feature is available (or allowed) in the U.K.
Some vehicles use a steering angle sensor to control the beam position, while others simply use the turn indicator. So, there could be a correlation between anomalies observed in both the left headlight and left turn indicator.

Hi firstly, thank you so much for your input so i found the problem and it was the most noob problem. Having taken the bumper on and of several times i managed to leave a plug unplugged. So now everything is sorted but the issue seems to have travelled almost.

Now the right headlight stays on no matter what. Day or night ignition on or off.

The only time it seems to go off is when i lock the car.