NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 05:10 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

The rear looks like any other CUV to me not bulbous or sculpted.
The tail lights look tacked on and are ugly with that blackened trim.

This is pleasing to my eye.

Seeing the NX in person will probably change my opinion but I have to wait til November I called my salesman and he had no clue when they will arrive or how many are allocated to dealership.
Old 05-05-14, 07:17 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I suspect this 300h you see is with a "Sport Appearance Package" much like was done with the RX in some markets. No details yet on which markets will get this front-end. See the Beijing reveal video for more "shots" of this particular 300h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZlanJS_zg
Yup, the NX I saw at the NY auto show had the stub nosed front and it wasn't nearly as attractive
Old 05-06-14, 01:20 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I suspect this 300h you see is with a "Sport Appearance Package" much like was done with the RX in some markets. No details yet on which markets will get this front-end. See the Beijing reveal video for more "shots" of this particular 300h.
Thanks for the video. I like this version most. It looks more sporty than the regular version and less in your face than F-sport. The black plastic spoilers flows better on it than the F-sport version. And the wing mirrors looks better too.

The F-sport version looks a bit too aggressive to be a regular hybrid or 2.0t. Lexus should save it for a performance version of NX. Like Audi's SQ3/SQ5.

Last edited by UpSideDown; 05-06-14 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-06-14, 03:37 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
The F-sport version looks a bit too aggressive to be a regular hybrid or 2.0t. Lexus should save it for a performance version of NX. Like Audi's SQ3/SQ5.
Part of the issue is that Lexus doesn't have a large turbo like a 3.0T to even put in the NX. I guess they could give it the 450h treatment, but based on the RXh the performance would still be nowhere near an SQ5. Maybe start putting that LFA V10 in the F-Sports . I guess they could use the LS engine, although on the NX that probably would pull 16-ish combined MPG for an AWD?

Last edited by sg021; 05-06-14 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-06-14, 03:54 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Lexus also has a detailed page for the new touchpad interface here:

http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...r/Touch-and-Go
Old 05-06-14, 04:28 AM
sg021
Intermediate

I would also love it if the F-Sport package included the new tachometer. I think that would be a good selling point. It would be a nice, tangible item that would help make the F-Sport a bit more compelling and differentiate it from a normal NX with the appearance package.

http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...uging-Interest

I was also looking at the IS builder out of curiosity since the new instrument cluster is available with its F-Sport. I know the builder is flawed, but it does impose some strange limitations on the F-Sport model (at least in the US):
- No ventilated seats?
- No Interior color other than that Red/Black combo also shown on the NX F-Sport
- Limited Exterior colors (no red)

The IS also really jumped up in price after the redesign. A similarly configured IS is about $6-7k more than we paid for ours 4 years ago. Now I'm really curious how the 2016 RX will fair in this regard.

Last edited by sg021; 05-06-14 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-06-14, 06:49 AM
darrelld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the 2AR-FSE will be offered on the US NX 300h?
Old 05-06-14, 07:53 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by darrelld
Does anyone know if the 2AR-FSE will be offered on the US NX 300h?
I'd assume it's the 2AR-FXE since that's the Atkinson variant in the ES300h, but I really don't definitively know.
Old 05-06-14, 09:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Thanks for the video. I like this version most. It looks more sporty than the regular version and less in your face than F-sport. The black plastic spoilers flows better on it than the F-sport version. And the wing mirrors looks better too.

I doubt most people will ever need more than 2.0t in their NX... it is not a sports car, it should be quite fast with 6.xs 0-60. Little bit more and it would be faster than GS350.

I believe that its the standard 300h, no package of any kind... it will simply have little bit different grille and wheels compared to regular 2.0t.

As to the combination meter, they are a little bit different in F-Sport, compared to regular... I like IS F-sport meters, and I absolutely love RC-F's, but they would likely be a bit silly for the SUV.
Old 05-06-14, 09:52 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spwolf
As to the combination meter, they are a little bit different in F-Sport, compared to regular... I like IS F-sport meters, and I absolutely love RC-F's, but they would likely be a bit silly for the SUV.
It appears that on the Lexus website the fancy LFA inspired cluster is available on even the IS250 F-Sport. I could argue the NX is more deserving of this cluster than the 250. Obviously neither needs it, but things like the G-Sensor and boost gauge are also stupid on the NX....at least the cluster looks awesome. Too bad it won't be an independent option.

The RC-F's is great for a sports coupe since it retains the dedicated speedometer, but I think I prefer the IS cluster for the way it shifts the physical ring coordinated with the display. That's really slick.

Last edited by sg021; 05-06-14 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-06-14, 11:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sg021
It appears that on the Lexus website the fancy LFA inspired cluster is available on even the IS250 F-Sport. I could argue the NX is more deserving of this cluster than the 250. Obviously neither needs it, but things like the G-Sensor and boost gauge are also stupid on the NX....at least the cluster looks awesome. Too bad it won't be an independent option.

The RC-F's is great for a sports coupe since it retains the dedicated speedometer, but I think I prefer the IS cluster for the way it shifts the physical ring coordinated with the display. That's really slick.

2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport Cluster - YouTube
i am not sure if you looked at RC-F speedo demo... it is amazing, even better than IS. It does not move, but graphics are awesome.

IS is RWD sport sedan which has best handling out of all sport sedans on the market... NX is an SUV. I would love it to do crazy things in the combination meter area, but honestly it seems silly - I am not going to race with NX. Trip computer is quite large, full color with nice graphics and much better than anything on any Toyota... so I am happy with that (1-2 years ago all Lexus's had monochrome trip computers). Better would be to have full LCD in the dash, like what IS F-Sport does but it is probably too expensive to have it all... NX already has nicer interior quality wise than IS, especially with everything covered in leather.
Old 05-06-14, 04:27 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am not sure if you looked at RC-F speedo demo... it is amazing, even better than IS. It does not move, but graphics are awesome.

IS is RWD sport sedan which has best handling out of all sport sedans on the market... NX is an SUV. I would love it to do crazy things in the combination meter area, but honestly it seems silly - I am not going to race with NX. Trip computer is quite large, full color with nice graphics and much better than anything on any Toyota... so I am happy with that (1-2 years ago all Lexus's had monochrome trip computers). Better would be to have full LCD in the dash, like what IS F-Sport does but it is probably too expensive to have it all... NX already has nicer interior quality wise than IS, especially with everything covered in leather.
The RC-F cluster is definitely pretty intense, there's a lot going on and definitely cool graphics. I guess I was thinking given the choice for the NX I'd rather have the IS one. I like the one large circle.

Our IS has the monchrome trip computer. That thing was about an entire generation behind other vehicles, so I'm glad to see them making up for lost time. I think you could also make the argument that nobody is going to race with an IS250, but that sweet cluster probably drops in identically to the IS350 so why not offer it, and at least it helps the 250 look fast until it gets the turbo.

I don't know about the current redesign, but I would put our 2010 IS250 towards the bottom of most performance metrics. It's slow, has no torque, and the steering is ridiculously loose for how tight the suspension is. Maybe the F-Sport would improve the steering/suspension feel, but it's still going to be a slow car. There's minimal body roll, I'll give it that though.

Last edited by sg021; 05-06-14 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-06-14, 05:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sg021
The RC-F cluster is definitely pretty intense, there's a lot going on and definitely cool graphics. I guess I was thinking given the choice for the NX I'd rather have the IS one. I like the one large circle.

Our IS has the monchrome trip computer. That thing was about an entire generation behind other vehicles, so I'm glad to see them making up for lost time. I think you could also make the argument that nobody is going to race with an IS250, but that sweet cluster probably drops in identically to the IS350 so why not offer it, and at least it helps the 250 look fast until it gets the turbo.

I don't know about the current redesign, but I would put our 2010 IS250 towards the bottom of most performance metrics. It's slow, has no torque, and the steering is ridiculously loose for how tight the suspension is. Maybe the F-Sport would improve the steering/suspension feel, but it's still going to be a slow car. There's minimal body roll, I'll give it that though.
new model is great, top of the class... 2.5l V6 is weak point but thats going to be replaced with 2.0t anyway. 2.5l engine while slow n 0-60, is going to be faster on autox, since it is lighter, it handles better than IS350.

As you said, they were behind previously and now they are pretty good... that trip computer has full info, is big and has nice graphics. F-Sport has a bit racier optitron illumination, so I think it is going to be looking nice, even if not crazy like IS F-Sport.

For European market, fully optioned NX will have more stuff than RX. Pano camera's, wide HUD, electric seat drops, full AVS, performance dampers, etc, etc, etc... it is really properly done car.

Factor in 2 good powertrains, great looks and great interior, I feel as if this is the best Lexus overall vehicle in a long time... as long as they dont price it crazy here in Europe - RX is priced higher than GS here, so I hope NX wont be higher than IS, but at similar level or slightly lower... man can hope anyway.
Old 05-06-14, 05:16 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

[IMG]Official Lexus NX thread-0vfojg4.jpg[/IMG]

Official Lexus NX thread-sange1p.png

I dont think it looks bad at all :-)
Old 05-06-14, 05:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

here are two wood options we know about so far... you can see the diff between f-sport and hybrid combination meters, and how the HUD is hidden on the top of dash in hybrid, different shape of the seats and steering wheel, and quite few other things.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread