NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 03:37 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
Happy Friday all! first, moderator, please don't move thread, i wanted to get opinions from my IS fan base.

now, on with the thread.. I never really pay much attention to SUVs..i'm a sporty kind of guy and need that sporty feel. thats why i got the IS over the GS and over an SUV. however as i soon become a family man, i wonder if its that time--to give up the IS and go for the SUV, particularly looking at the new Lexus NX. Of course, i'll still get the F Sport. I still need some of that sporty feel, its in my blood! but you have to admit, this thing doesn't look too bad!

so, whether you're a family man or not, suv lover or not, let me know what your impressions, thoughts, criticisms, compliments are of the new Lexus NX F Sport.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...0t-f-sport.php

My opinion?

This car is going to sell in droves. Lexus dealerships will having problems maintaining enough stocks to satisfy public demand.
Old 04-12-14, 04:28 AM
LexFather

Smile

Originally Posted by natnut
My opinion?

This car is going to sell in droves. Lexus dealerships will having problems maintaining enough stocks to satisfy public demand.
End thread lol....

That's the bottom line
Old 04-12-14, 04:57 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Perhaps the strap is for the drag parachute after Turbo kicks in
And the square "button" just ahead of it is the eject button. Which BTW, what is that? Is it functional?

Originally Posted by rominl
i will make sure it's heard. there are a lot of factors involved (some mentioned before, some not, and not up to me to disclose) but i guess it's just not as easy as it sounds. not an excuse though, because in the end, it's luxury brand, customizations and options are critical
Thank you. Don't let a customer go to the competition because of features lacking. We've seen it with the IS (just have them check the IS forum) - more could have been sold.

Originally Posted by G Star
Why not hybrid F sport, I really don't understand why they are doing this. Probably because they don't want to complicate their own line up but people do want both and that goes for myself.
My guess is Lexus fears an F-Sport Hybrid is an oxymoron in the N.American market and wouldn't sell. Big mistake if this is their main driving point. Electric/Hybrid vehicles are trending towards and being associated with "sport". i.e. Tesla, Infiniti Q50, Acura RLX, BMW i8, Formula 1, just to name a few , etc.

Originally Posted by smardav

What worries me the most is whether it's comfortable inside. It is almost as long as 3IS with around 100 mm shorter wheelbase. Looking at the design; how long the front end is, I get the impression the cabin wouldn't be as spacious. I do hope this car will offer similar comfortability as RX with sportier handling.

Also the other thing that concerns me is the engine choice. If lexus is really going with the 2.0L turbo, I'm not sure it will be as bulletproof as the N/A engine in its lineup right now.

If my doubts are proven wrong, I will highly consider buying one of NX F-Sport and let go my beloved Costco hauler - the RX.
If the 60-series Michelin Primacy tires are any indication, this will be a "soft-ish" roller, I expect it to be as good as a 3RX with better agility, body-roll, and overall handling (and better than the yawn RDX). Interior room looks competitive to an Acura RDX which is pretty good in this class, but we'll have to wait for the final specs. I'm sure Lexus took all this time to perfect the 2L turbo and introduce it several years after the competition. . I would start planning for the NX.

Originally Posted by BornDriver
Where will be NX made? In Japan or in Canada?
Not in Canada that's for sure. Only Lexus assembly plant here (just a few miles from my home) is for the RX.

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
This is what happens when Stevie Wonder leads the Lexus design team...
...and ends up creating the best looking vehicle in its class like the superb quality music he produces...
Old 04-12-14, 05:23 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

if you look at the other cute utes this one competes with X1, Q3, RDX, FX35, GLA. NX looks a lot more upscale and modern
Old 04-12-14, 05:51 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
if you look at the other cute utes this one competes with X1, Q3, RDX, FX35, GLA. NX looks a lot more upscale and modern
Not the same class of cuvs. The NX is a little bigger than its Rav4 counterpart.

NX competitors are the Q5, X3, GLK, RDX, EX(now QX50).
Old 04-12-14, 06:20 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My opinion?

Absolutely- this car is going to definitely going to enjoy years of sales success, especially since this car will probably be a good bit cheaper than the German rivals. The next GLK is due to arrive soon (complete with new C-class interior) but I can't see it being competitive in price at all. No idea on other brands' replacement cycles.
Old 04-12-14, 06:28 AM
Furge
Rookie

Unfortunately, the looks don't do it for me, and neither does the busy interior.
What's with those plastic trim wheel arches?
It just looks too much like the tarted-up RAV4 that it is and not upscale enough.
Too bad - I really wanted to like this car.

I bet it will be made in Canada. The RX is, and I'm sure there's capacity.
Old 04-12-14, 06:33 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

The attention to detail is amazing..
Old 04-12-14, 06:33 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My opinion?

I'd like to go on record as saying +1
Old 04-12-14, 06:34 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Absolutely- this car is going to definitely going to enjoy years of sales success, especially since this car will probably be a good bit cheaper than the German rivals. The next GLK is due to arrive soon (complete with new C-class interior) but I can't see it being competitive in price at all. No idea on other brands' replacement cycles.
Plus, the new gen Q5 is coming in the 2016 model year.

Last edited by LexBob2; 04-12-14 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-12-14, 06:38 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Furge
Unfortunately, the looks don't do it for me, and neither does the busy interior.
What's with those plastic trim wheel arches?
It just looks too much like the tarted-up RAV4 that it is and not upscale enough.
Too bad - I really wanted to like this car.

I bet it will be made in Canada. The RX is, and I'm sure there's capacity.
Audi and all the Germans also have those rubber arches. But no one complains.

The NX makes the Q5 look like a pram
Old 04-12-14, 06:54 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Interesting, none of our Q5's look like that.
Old 04-12-14, 06:59 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Interesting, none of our Q5's look like that.
I think the Allroad (A4 wagon) is the only model in North America with them.
Old 04-12-14, 08:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Q5 looks good, if you get S line package, or however they call it there... but standard Q5 is pretty boring looking inside and out... X3 is as well. Both Q5 and X3 will get FMC in 2016, so some 2 years after NX is on the market.
Old 04-12-14, 08:54 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I think the Allroad (A4 wagon) is the only model in North America with them.
I did a quick count from the Motor Trend SUV buyers guide and found 13 more including the RAV4, Lincoln MKC, Mazda CX-5 among others. It must be an industry trend.

I can't help but recall the cladding from the past on some vehicles but it was a lot more. Think of the Pontiac Aztec. It think it was to help prevent corrosion in the northern climes where they use a lot of road salt. Don't need it now where I'm at. I just hope these don't look like a typical tack on.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread