Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 01:26 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
here are some more
Hmm would panoramic sunroof be an option?
Old 04-12-14, 01:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Hmm would panoramic sunroof be an option?
they have both panoramic and moonroof on pics.

NX300h in pics on US site has panoramic roof. Maybe that means that F-Sport gets moonroof due to the weight, or maybe Europe will get panoramic option and US will get moonroof. We dont really know right now.

Old 04-12-14, 01:53 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

i wonder if the new NX will eat away at RX sales?

also all those interior photos show a LHD. so is it safe to say thats the US specs?
Old 04-12-14, 01:58 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gymratter
It certainly will, at least until the next-gen RX comes out. The current RX is showing its age.
also all those interior photos show a LHD. so is it safe to say thats the US specs?
Don't think so. The NX will make its official world debut at the Beijing Auto Show, and China is a LHD country.
Old 04-12-14, 01:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

If it does who cares, they're going to have two great selling CUVs. RX is going upscale and bigger anyway come 2016 so it was bound to lose a sale or two based on that. Luckily with the NX the guest stays in the family
Old 04-12-14, 02:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i think once both of them are on market properly (2016 RX), NX+RX will go 50% over RX sales today, and worldwide probably more like 100% extra sales.

RX sales are on the same level as usual (awesome), however segment itself is growing and RX can not grow anymore - it already has huge sales. It is situation similar to Camry.

With NX being $35k and RX starting at $42k, there is pretty large difference between the both. RX might also get +2 option in the future.

RX is by far the most successful Lexus model worldwide and I dont think they will mess too much with this. There will be clear differentiation with RX going more luxurious.
Old 04-12-14, 02:02 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ydooby
It certainly will, at least until the next-gen RX comes out. The current RX is showing its age.Don't think so. The NX will make its official world debut at the Beijing Auto Show, and China is a LHD country.
thanks

i didnt know China was LHD. I thought North and South America were the only place where cars are LHD.
Old 04-12-14, 02:04 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If it does who cares, they're going to have two great selling CUVs. RX is going upscale and bigger anyway come 2016 so it was bound to lose a sale or two based on that. Luckily with the NX the guest stays in the family
well i think Lexus cares. dont think they want to lose the RX's title of best selling luxury CUV in America.
Old 04-12-14, 02:13 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the attention to detail on the interior. Good work Lexus.
Old 04-12-14, 02:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This is exactly my case. I have had three RXs, but want a smaller CUV. I will be buying the NX instead of an X3.
Old 04-12-14, 02:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

thanks

i didnt know China was LHD. I thought North and South America were the only place where cars are LHD.
i am sure you are kidding, but only parts of the world that are RHD are Japan, UK and their ex-colonies or zones of influence, as well as south africa.

well, this explains it much better - blue is RHD.

Old 04-12-14, 02:39 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks

Speaking of Asian countries which are LHD, Taiwan is another example. It is also LHD.
Old 04-12-14, 02:51 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
+1.

extending this to the glovebox and lower half of the door panels look to be the hard plastic as in the IS but I'm good with that because there's a lot more visible soft to hard plastic in the NX
Actually for the RX, the door panels are also made of upper soft plastic and lower hard plastic. I didn't notice it in mine until I studied the difference between the 2IS (sold) and my 3IS. It is a matter of how clever Lexus can put together different material to look good. So for the difference between NX and RX in terms of door panel appear to be similar. The NX lose the retractable door upholder covers for the same process the IS and GS have gone through.

The glovebox lid is surely a hard plastic in NX -- it is a differentiation from current RX. Similar differentiation between IS and GS.
Old 04-12-14, 03:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Autobild had their "seat test" in NX.

Their conclusion:

The hybrid sedans in the prestigious Toyota subsidiary lure the German buyers not really. With the new NX Lexus wants to change that. We have competitors from Audi Q5 , BMW X3 and Mercedes GLK already seen exactly. And the first impression is: This Lexus is going to hurt the Germans.
Usually Autobild dismisses everything Lexus does (or any other non german brand), except for hybrid powertrains. This is a welcome change.

And here we see some difference in preproduction models. The infamous pull strip is here stiched in red. LOL. Also shows the charger properly :P

They love the exterior and the say that interior finally matches Audi. For some reason, Germans always downrated even the best Lexus interiors, like GS.
Old 04-12-14, 03:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

1. Look at those shoulders. I think previous pics didnt give this justice... it will be most likely the standout feature in real life. No more slab sides!

2. Interior really looks great... someone sitting in it gives it more real life feel... soo many details!

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread