Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 05:22 PM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Here's some close up shots I just found,
This suv is a thing of beauty! The side mirror looks like it has the F logo outline in it. Very creative
Old 04-12-14, 05:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

^^^ Nice details indeed. There's nothing boring about this interior. Love it!

Rominl:

1. I didn't notice the Mark Levinson label on the radio in the F-Sport pics, but I believe to have seen it in another photoshoot on the Hybrid. Will this be available on the F-Sport?
2. Will we get the gorgeous Shimamoku wood trim on the F-Sport?
3. Which set of F-Sport wheels are we getting? One has the machine polished face with painted black interior; the other is solid liquid graphite similar to an RX F-Sport's finish.

Please add these to the "Lexus features appeal" list you asked us earlier about (HUD, 360deg camera, etc). Appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-nxwheel.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-nxwheel1.jpeg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-12-14 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-12-14, 06:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I really like those machined face wheels.

Lexus has always lacked really any great styling when it comes to wheels. I'm happy to see them doing some things, I like the machined face and the black painted windows. Very sharp.
Old 04-12-14, 08:07 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side mirror is the best yet from Lexus. So attractive.
Old 04-12-14, 09:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I really like those machined face wheels.

Lexus has always lacked really any great styling when it comes to wheels. I'm happy to see them doing some things, I like the machined face and the black painted windows. Very sharp.
I'm not too crazy about machine-faced wheels. Reminds me of many of the 80s and 90s wheels. Think 84 corvette, 90 Accord EX, many Chrysler models, and so on. Admittedly, these wheels on the NX F-Sport are no where near those ugly wheels of that era and they are indeed slooooowly growing on me, but I personally would prefer the liquid graphite version at this time (like the IS and RX ones).

Originally Posted by hybridanim
This suv is a thing of beauty! The side mirror looks like it has the F logo outline in it. Very creative
Originally Posted by cino
The side mirror is the best yet from Lexus. So attractive.
The F-logo inspired me too when I did this to my beauties. Maybe I should ask for royalties...
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-mirrors.jpg  
Old 04-12-14, 09:55 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My personal experience with machined wheels shows they are not as durable as the painted ones. They are very susceptible to salt damage and no good for places where salt is everywhere in winter. I am not saying they will be rusted for sure but if the quality of those wheels in NX is like the ones from the Honda, it is a concern for some.

And if there is swirls, basically it will show up in the machined wheels and there is not much polishing you can do to remove them when compared to painted ones.
Old 04-12-14, 09:57 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do y'all think wind noise will be an issue on NX, as in RX? RX is very comfy but that car has quite a bit of wind noise. I own the 1RX - facelift version. I've driven 2RX and 3RX multiple times for long distance (over 1000 miles on both cars), seems like wind noise is pretty high on these cars. Maybe lexus will fix it and make NX more streamline somehow?
Old 04-12-14, 09:57 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hybridanim
Great observation! I was too concentrated on the material being used in the side mirrors. Too much chrome. But the F logo shape on side mirrors is interesting.
Old 04-12-14, 09:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Good points AndyL, which sways me back to the hope we get the non-machined wheels. But then again, look at the 2014 Corolla S in the N. American market. It has similar machined wheels so we may very well get them on the NX in our market.
Old 04-12-14, 10:01 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf

1. Look at those shoulders. I think previous pics didnt give this justice... it will be most likely the standout feature in real life. No more slab sides!

2. Interior really looks great... someone sitting in it gives it more real life feel... soo many details!

Great find!

These pictures give a better idea of the dimensions of the NX. On the exterior, NX looks shorter than RX and the ground clearance is lower -- indeed it is similar to X3 or probably X1 in that regards.
Old 04-12-14, 10:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by smardav
Do y'all think wind noise will be an issue on NX, as in RX? RX is very comfy but that car has quite a bit of wind noise. I own the 1RX - facelift version. I've driven 2RX and 3RX multiple times for long distance (over 1000 miles on both cars), seems like wind noise is pretty high on these cars. Maybe lexus will fix it and make NX more streamline somehow?
My 3RX is quieter than both 2 RXs I've owned. I expect the NX to be similar in NVH to the current 3RX giving room to the 4RX to be the better vehicle in this area.

Maybe Rominl or anyone else can chime in if the NX has laminated side glass (as the 3RX does) which does help in noise suppression.
Old 04-12-14, 11:10 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

My 3RX is quieter than both 2 RXs I've owned. I expect the NX to be similar in NVH to the current 3RX giving room to the 4RX to be the better vehicle in this area.

Maybe Rominl or anyone else can chime in if the NX has laminated side glass (as the 3RX does) which does help in noise suppression.
Agree that 3RX is noticeably quieter compared to 1/2RX. But the wind noise in my opinion is still substantial. I really hope NX will have less wind noise since I'm planning to get one. :-)
Old 04-13-14, 02:39 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Autobild had their "seat test" in NX.
Thanks for the info.
Also shows the charger properly :P
Except that it's an iPhone, which does not actually have the capability to be wirelessly charged without some ugly tacked-on third-party case.
Old 04-13-14, 06:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Thanks for the info.Except that it's an iPhone, which does not actually have the capability to be wirelessly charged without some ugly tacked-on third-party case.
most cant though... there are some rumors of new japanese models getting built in Qi by the time NX is released, and maybe this also means that iPhone will get built in Qi? (not the pic but the fact that feature is in).
Old 04-13-14, 06:39 AM
LexFather

I believe the NX is 182" long or so... Right inline with the x3/q5 etc

The 1RX was 180" long ....

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread