Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 05:43 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
Small is good in my mind.
Agreed. While I love the RX, sometimes I find the RX a bit too big. Preferred the size of X3 but ended up getting the RX because of the qualities/characteristics found in Lexus RX.
Old 04-14-14, 05:45 AM
Furge
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority (at least on this forum), but I don't like the looks at all.
It works on the sports sedans and coupes, but not on the CUV or SUVs…
It just looks so busy, and kind of - dare I say it - cheap.
And the red stitching is just so T-A-C-K-Y.

And I guess Lexus is off leather now, at least on all the F sports, as I see this vinyl everywhere.
Old 04-14-14, 05:45 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Lexus has done machined wheels before, we had a Lexus with a set of machined wheels (the 98 LS). No issues over 170k miles.
I see. Great to see that. Then it is something to do with car care and the quality of the rims.
Old 04-14-14, 05:50 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yowps3
No courtesy door light?
Very good observation! I still hope it is there for the production car. It is not difficult nor expensive to include it. Even cheaper cars have it.
Old 04-14-14, 06:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
It's always funny to see a new Car debut and people start to find things to nitpick lol.
True, picky is the key word, but I think it's all in good fun to make for some good car chat. I'd say most of us here are level-headed enough to see these are inconsequential to the overall stunning appeal of this CUV.

I'll get a sunglasses holder clip as I've done with my IS and CT and if I still don't like the machine faced wheels and high-profile tires, I'll get aftermarket ones.
Old 04-14-14, 06:28 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

While there's nitpicking....
No double stitching on the seats.
Old 04-14-14, 06:31 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

The nitpicking happens on all new cars, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura, Hyundai etc. etc. that's why we're all here.
Old 04-14-14, 06:51 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Very good observation! I still hope it is there for the production car. It is not difficult nor expensive to include it. Even cheaper cars have it.
Yeah it was very obvious. But I prefer the red light over the normal white one.

All IS's seem to have different coloured door courtesy lights. My friend Is250 has red where as my IS350 has white ones.
Old 04-14-14, 06:52 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Furge
I guess I'm in the minority (at least on this forum), but I don't like the looks at all.
It works on the sports sedans and coupes, but not on the CUV or SUVs…
The traditional SUV is only survived by a very few, 4Runner, GX, LR3/4, MB G off the top of my head. All other "SUVs" are really CUVs for which they are becoming more car-based in styling, ride, and height even more so than what the NX looks like. You must therefore not like the majority of these types of vehicles, to name a few: Macan, XV Crosstrek, QX50, MB GLA and Audi Q3. Personally, except for the Macan, I don't like the "raised hatchback" look of these types of vehicles, but the NX thankfully is large and tall enough, with some good ground clearance, that still looks like a "crossover SUV" and not a raised 5-door hatchback.
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-audi-q31.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-mercedes-benz-gla.jpg  
Old 04-14-14, 07:27 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

LexFather noted the NX concept is about the same size as the GLK/X3/Q5 which don't look like raised hatchbacks either. The X1/Q3/GLA are a bit smaller.
Old 04-14-14, 07:27 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Details on the Lexus NX 200t Turbo Engine

Auto Week has some finer detail on Lexus NX 200t and its Lexus-first turbocharged engine:

The NX 200t will feature Lexus’ first turbo engine, a 2.0-liter four with VVT-iW. Yes, that W is new. It signifies advance and retard of the intake cam. At low loads and rpm it can operate as an Atkinson cycle engine for greater efficiency and lower pumping losses. At higher engine speeds and greater loads it switches to the more standard Otto cycle…

The turbo is a twin-scroll for even more efficiency while the intercooler is an air-to-water-to-air unit. Output is said to be “over 200 hp.” It will be mated to a six-speed ECT automatic transmission which has been engineered for smooth transfer of power and seamless, linear acceleration, according to Lexus.

The dual Atkinson/Otto cycle of the NX 200t is the very same technique being used with the new RC F 5.0L V8 engine — it makes for an interesting balance in boosting fuel economy without sacrificing performance.

Considering the NX’s other North American powertrain is the same 2.5L hybrid engine used in the 200 hp ES 300h, how much horsepower should we expect in this Lexus-first turbo engine?
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/04/1...-turbo-engine/
Old 04-14-14, 07:29 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus NX 200t F Sport first look

We got an early look at the Lexus NX 200t F Sport in production trim 10 days ahead of its world debut at the Beijing auto show April 20. The luxury compact crossover will also be on display at the New York auto show but only during the public days.

The Lexus NX 200t is a slightly less racy looking version of the LF-NX Turbo concept shown at Tokyo. Dimensions are about the same as the RAV4, making the NX fit into the Lexus line just under the popular RX. It's clearly aimed at small luxury crossovers like the BMW X1, Mercedes GLA and Audi Q3, all of which will have beat it to the market by the time the Lexus NX CUVs debut in late-November or early December in the U.S.

So far, we know that the NX will be available in two models in the U.S.:

The NX 200t will feature Lexus' first turbo engine, a 2.0-liter four with VVT-iW. Yes, that W is new. It signifies advance and retard of the intake cam. At low loads and rpm it can operate as an Atkinson cycle engine for greater efficiency and lower pumping losses. At higher engine speeds and greater loads it switches to the more standard Otto cycle. Kind of cool, we think. The turbo is a twin-scroll for even more efficiency while the intercooler is an air-to-water-to-air unit. Output is said to be “over 200 hp.” It will be mated to a six-speed ECT automatic transmission which has been engineered for smooth transfer of power and seamless, linear acceleration, according to Lexus.

The NX 300h will get a 2.5-liter four with Lexus Hybrid Drive and a CVT transmission. Since it has a hybrid drive, its 2.5-liter gasoline engine operates in the Atkinson cycle all the time. Total system horsepower for the hybrid will be “comparable to the ES 300h,” which is to say, about 200 hp.

Both will ride on standard 225/60 tires wrapped around your choice of 17- or 18-inch rims.

It appears at this point that the naturally-aspirated 2.0 will be offered in other markets but not here.

Inside the NX 200t F Sport we saw there was full Lexus luxo-packaging, with padded leather throughout the cabin, joined by contrasting red stitching. A **** on the center console adjusted throttle, transmission shifting, suspension and steering inputs to either Eco, Normal or Sport settings. Just below that was a touchpad to control the functions displayed on the fixed navi screen above the dash. The RTI remote touch interface offered a pinch and pull function for the NAV screen. Another neat feature under the center armrest was a wireless phone charger. While there will be an audio system, there will be no Mark Levinson audio offered.

With the segment growing, and with the Toyota RAV4 platform just sitting there waiting to be tarted up into a Lexus, it's a wonder what took these guys so long to offer the NX crossovers.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...paign=car-news
Old 04-14-14, 07:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Agreed. While I love the RX, sometimes I find the RX a bit too big. Preferred the size of X3 but ended up getting the RX because of the qualities/characteristics found in Lexus RX.
Well, for us Europeans, NX would be midsized SUV :-).
Old 04-14-14, 07:49 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

No ML option makes me sad
Old 04-14-14, 07:52 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TangoRed
LexFather noted the NX concept is about the same size as the GLK/X3/Q5 which don't look like raised hatchbacks either. The X1/Q3/GLA are a bit smaller.
Off topic, but any news on the CT base CUV?

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread