Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^nice pics! San Francisco makes a great backdrop
Old 04-20-14, 04:12 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Thank you Motor and AndyL for the videos and information
+1 Yes thanks guys!! Have been waiting for these specs and videos!
Old 04-20-14, 05:41 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I saw this information on Car Chat and thought I'd post it here too. These numbers will put the 2.0t right in the thick of the competition:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8494889
Old 04-20-14, 05:47 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear wiper should be hidden like 3rd generation RX
Old 04-20-14, 06:02 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
The videos uploaded to Lexus International YouTube channel are quite informative. Quite some innovative features as well as interesting enhancement. -- The L-shaped LED daytime running light is now also a signal light The All New NX - YouTube - The usual mirror puddle light and door courtesy light seem unnecessary as the door handle has the light incorporated with syncing of the interior light. Lexus NX Key Features - YouTube - Lexus continues to use capacitive touch control but instead of using it to access the climate control, the NX has capacitive control for interior light which makes more sense (similar to dimmer control used in home light switching)

The taillight is made by Stanley group, the LED headlight, as usual, designed by Koito
Will those options be available for US imports?
I've read here HUD won't be.
Old 04-20-14, 07:09 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Will those options be available for US imports? I've read here HUD won't be.
Lexus Canada has updated some info on NX after the Beijing release. The HUD is mentioned. The only notable options that were not mentioned are power folding rear seat and the panoramic monitor.

If panoramic monitor is not available in NX, it would be a strange decision as X3 already has it for a couple of years. And the power folding rear seat is unique in its class.

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automob...ure-models#/nx
Old 04-20-14, 07:12 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Not mine, from Lexus UK
Thanks Hoovey. The pictures look nice. I am sure this color gets good attention . A similar tone has been presented in the LF-NX. It would be interesting to see how close the color difference is for the NX.
Old 04-20-14, 07:18 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

lots of info....new AVS system with 30 different adjustments (GS has 9), performance damper stabilizer for F-sport, full color HUD that looks good, trick leds everywhere...

i worry about the price - lexus usa said their goal was 2200 per month, and lexus nl said price should start under 50k euros (is300h is 39990).

pricing will certainly be different europe vs usa, here in europe RX is more expensive than Gs, but usa will likely skip some options... like us pr didnt mention avs but did mention performance damper
Old 04-20-14, 07:57 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume that NX will have essentially the same Dynamic Torque Control AWD system as Rav4...in which case, I think this car is going to potentially be the best driving vehicle in it's segment. NX 200t F-Sport with new AVS, AWD, and 235hp/258lb-ft would be a great drive, I'm thinking.
Old 04-20-14, 08:49 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Amidst all this new information and discussion, has it occurred to anyone that the NX is Lexus' first completely new car of the current Akio Toyoda reformation era?

The new IS(3rd gen) and GS (4th gen) debuted with completely new chassis but carryover powertrains/engines
Similarly for the RC350, RC300h and RC-F ( 5L engine in RC-F is a heavily modified IS-F engine)
LS(4th Gen) just had an extensive refresh last year under Mr Toyoda's watch but no new generation as yet.

So the significance of the NX , being that both chassis and powertrains are completely new and developed ground-up under Akio's regime, is that it serves as a bellwether to Lexus' future direction in terms of design, engine performance, utility, luxury and handling.
Old 04-20-14, 09:02 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus NX 2014 preview: The Lexus NX crossover has been unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show. Take a tour around the car to see its exciting design and feel what the interior like from the driver's seat and inside the car in our interactive video.
Lexus NX 2014: Interior Details: The Lexus NX crossover has been unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show. This video explores the car's innovative and high quality interior.

The car's SUV strengths are expressed in details such as a thick-rimmed steering wheel, a central silver frame embedded in the instrument panel and robust knee pads for driver and front passenger. Contrasting textures around the cabin and the use of a quilted seat upholstery pattern reference the NX's status as a crossover vehicle.

Lexus has also focused on interior space and seating, ensuring ample overall headroom and a generous front-to-rear couple distance. The NX continues the development of Lexus's display and operation zone dashboard design concept and provides the driver with easy, intuitive command of its advanced technology features using new and improved HMI controls.
Lexus NX 2014: The Lexus NX crossover has been unveiled at the Beijing motor show. In this video we take a look at the SUV's exciting exterior design.

The NX has been designed to look as though it is has been cast from a single piece of metal. Strong, flared wheel arches house 17 or 18-inch wheels, giving the car a crouching, muscular stance. Lexus's signature spindle grille is the central focus of the NX's angular shape, reinforced by LED headlamps and daytime running lights. The grille blends seamlessly into a sculpted bonnet, creating strongly contrasting surfacing that projects a sense of depth.
Old 04-20-14, 09:15 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The turn signals are integrated into the front checkmark DRLs on the NX:

Old 04-20-14, 09:53 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Thanks Hoovey. The pictures look nice. I am sure this color gets good attention . A similar tone has been presented in the LF-NX. It would be interesting to see how close the color difference is for the NX.
It's sharp for sure and I love seeing it in "real world" photos. Gives you an idea of how it/you look going down the road. Yeah the color is nice, can't tell if its Nebula Gray, Atomic Silver or something new like the LF-NX Concept

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread