NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-14, 10:16 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Why did the power go down on the NX300h compared to the ESh? Isn't it the same system?
Old 04-20-14, 10:30 AM
RXSF

I will say Lexus finally stepped up with the exterior door handle illumination and power rear folding seats. I also love the touch dome lights and the all speed radar. They need to add these things across their model lineup as soon as possible.
Old 04-20-14, 10:30 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I assume that NX will have essentially the same Dynamic Torque Control AWD system as Rav4...in which case, I think this car is going to potentially be the best driving vehicle in it's segment. NX 200t F-Sport with new AVS, AWD, and 235hp/258lb-ft would be a great drive, I'm thinking.
Apparently it has the same Dynamic Torque control AWD system but maybe the tuning is different. Only road test, good review or more technical info would tell.

235hp/258lb-ft looks promising. On paper, it is on par with the engine used in the current RX350 and yet the peak torque occurs at a lower rpm with less curb weight.
Old 04-20-14, 10:31 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by natnut
Amidst all this new information and discussion, has it occurred to anyone that the NX is Lexus' first completely new car of the current Akio Toyoda reformation era? The new IS(3rd gen) and GS (4th gen) debuted with completely new chassis but carryover powertrains/engines Similarly for the RC350, RC300h and RC-F ( 5L engine in RC-F is a heavily modified IS-F engine) LS(4th Gen) just had an extensive refresh last year under Mr Toyoda's watch but no new generation as yet. So the significance of the NX , being that both chassis and powertrains are completely new and developed ground-up under Akio's regime, is that it serves as a bellwether to Lexus' future direction in terms of design, engine performance, utility, luxury and handling.
+1 Great observation . Really look forward to this new NX.
Old 04-20-14, 10:33 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
lots of info....new AVS system with 30 different adjustments (GS has 9), performance damper stabilizer for F-sport, full color HUD that looks good, trick leds everywhere...
Can you imagine all those suspension improvements making their way into the GS and IS during their next refresh?

With the lower center of gravity of the GS and IS chassis and being that the IS/GS already arguably handle best-in-class, these improvements could take these sports sedans' handling to ridiculous heights.
Old 04-20-14, 10:34 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
I will say Lexus finally stepped up with the exterior door handle illumination and power rear folding seats. I also love the touch dome lights and the all speed radar. They need to add these things across their model lineup as soon as possible.
Yeh, the way the light turns on and off as well as how & what it illuminates the door handle is very classy.
Old 04-20-14, 10:41 AM
RXSF

There is still a disconnect between lexus models. The NX f Sport still uses the aluminum pedals with the circular rubber pads as seen in the 1st gen IS. Then the RC F sport debuted and it gets these great horizontal lined rubber pads on the pedals. I thought that would be the direction for all F sport/F vehicles.

Also the RC had no mention of door handle illumination, lets hope it does
Old 04-20-14, 11:45 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Why did the power go down on the NX300h compared to the ESh? Isn't it the same system?
if I had to guess, they probably reworked the petrol engine for more torque below and less top end hp... which is good.
Old 04-20-14, 11:49 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
Can you imagine all those suspension improvements making their way into the GS and IS during their next refresh?

With the lower center of gravity of the GS and IS chassis and being that the IS/GS already arguably handle best-in-class, these improvements could take these sports sedans' handling to ridiculous heights.
performance damper is usually find on their SUVs and (CT F-Sport has it) . basically allows for firmer setting for smooth roads and then it has damping system to "disconnect" the sway bar if wheels are in different position (basically to make the car less firm when you are over hard stuff).

I am not sure thats going to go to sports sedan, doesnt seem needed... who knows about AVS, 30 settings vs 9 seems better but IS/GS already gets rated really well.
Old 04-20-14, 01:38 PM
alexdell
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to the NY Auto Show on Friday to hopefully see the Lexus NX in person. To my disappointment, it was not there. The Lexus rep mentioned that I should go back Sunday (today) as they will reveal it by then. They were just waiting for the Beijing launch before they can show it in NY. I thought the guy is just making this up. To my surprise, I guess he was telling the truth. Here's some real live pics from autospies:
http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...LexusNX-81045/
Old 04-20-14, 01:50 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by alexdell
I went to the NY Auto Show on Friday to hopefully see the Lexus NX in person. To my disappointment, it was not there. The Lexus rep mentioned that I should go back Sunday (today) as they will reveal it by then. They were just waiting for the Beijing launch before they can show it in NY. I thought the guy is just making this up. To my surprise, I guess he was telling the truth. Here's some real live pics from autospies: http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...LexusNX-81045/
Ok a few things.... Is this is an actual US spec NX? There's no sport+ here. I wonder what's up with that. Also, was it confirmed there would be fogs on the US F-Sport?
Old 04-20-14, 02:42 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yardie876
Ok a few things.... Is this is an actual US spec NX? There's no sport+ here. I wonder what's up with that. Also, was it confirmed there would be fogs on the US F-Sport?
its pre-production model.

None of the NX models in pictures had AVS in previous pics - including Europe.

So that means nothing.

However - in US PR, Lexus did not mention AVS at all... they mentioned performance damper for F-Sport, but not AVS. In Asian and European PR's, AVS was mentioned.
Old 04-20-14, 05:32 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus' first luxury compact crossover, the "NX", made its world premiere here today at the 2014 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition1, which runs through April 29. The NX, created for urban and active lifestyles, features an edgy, emotional design that is distinctively Lexus. Sales of the NX are scheduled to begin in world markets in the second half of 2014.
Old 04-20-14, 06:26 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at the Acura RDX the past year but a very upset with Acura not making any simple updates to the RDX (adding LED DRLs, BLIS, Collision warning, etc...). I like the sporty look of the NX and believe that the rumored price will start around $32.5k in the US. The torque is similar in both vehicles but the Acura does have a higher horsepower.

The Fuel economy should be better than the 18/25 in the current RX. Audi's Q5 and BMW's X3 have similar performance numbers for their engines with a Turbo and both get aound 21/28 in the fuel economy.

I am eagerly awaiting the production versions and the difference in appearance between the regular 200T and the F sport trim. Not a big fan of the grill on the 300H version they showed. I see for the IS 250 that the F Sport is about $1100 more than the middle accessory package (Navigation package) which is not bad. I hope the pricing is similar.

For the IS 250 (per Lexus website):
Backup camera package is $1613
Navigation package is $4912
F Sport package is $6042

Assuming the packages are similarly priced:
Base 200T - $32500 (rumored)
AWD - $2500
F Sport package - $6042
other random accessories - $1500 (could be a hitch or remote starter or other things)
delivery fees - $910
Total MSRP = $43452 (not incl tax and title)

Pricing is similar to the BMW X1. A fully loaded 4 cylinder turbo engine X1 has an MSRP of just under $45k
Old 04-20-14, 06:49 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
its pre-production model. None of the NX models in pictures had AVS in previous pics - including Europe. So that means nothing. However - in US PR, Lexus did not mention AVS at all... they mentioned performance damper for F-Sport, but not AVS. In Asian and European PR's, AVS was mentioned.
There were a few pics in this thread that showed sport+, which I would assume refers to adaptive suspension settings. It must have been from an Asian or European press release then.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread