NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 07:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Anita, thanks for the first hand experience and info. Last we heard, HUD was not coming to the US. I assume the folks that told you otherwise are 100% sure HUD is indeed coming? AVS too was an unknown but if it's a yes, GREAT!!! The 360 camera is not coming based on past info.

Darn that pull tab, the mystery continues!
No hesitation on the answers so I assume so. My parents might be going to the show later this week so I'll see if they can ask about the mystery pull tab. I don't recall seeing it when I was looking at RT but I know it's there based on one of the pictures I took. BTW, the cargo area is pretty large, very comparable to our RXs. And there's a small hump in the rear seat floor area of the 300h.
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-img_0549.jpg  
Old 04-21-14, 10:47 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I predicted. NX wouldn't come with 8 speed tranny. So I have a feeling its fuel consumption in the real life wouldn't pass 23 mpg combined. Maybe rated at 21/24/30 as IS250?
Old 04-22-14, 01:36 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NX is already pushing the competition to get out of the boring box

My two fav pics from Beijing

Official Lexus NX thread-fjfuiut.jpg

Official Lexus NX thread-vqhdyo6.jpg

Last edited by Vladi; 04-23-14 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-22-14, 03:09 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by smardav
As I predicted. NX wouldn't come with 8 speed tranny. So I have a feeling its fuel consumption in the real life wouldn't pass 23 mpg combined. Maybe rated at 21/24/30 as IS250?
That MPG is probably close. I'd compare to the BMW X3 that also has a twin scroll turbo with similar characteristics at 21/24/28. Either way I'm thinking 24-25 range combined. Not the worst thing. My current car has a rated 22 combined turbo and I rarely get less than 26 on my half highway, half back roads commute....and I would fall into the "spirited" driver category. I can get around 30 if I try, and I get slightly better MPG with my car than my wife's IS250.
Old 04-22-14, 04:00 AM
sg021
Intermediate

The turbo drivetrain likely will account for up to 85 percent of U.S. sales, Lexus International Executive Vice President Mark Templin predicted. "In the U.S., they want fun to drive, a little more power," he said.
Am I the only one feeling pretty disappointed with the hybrid since it is by their own admission not fun to drive? Now I regret talking it up to my wife before the specs came out.
Old 04-22-14, 04:44 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
NX is already pushing the competition to get out of the boring box

My two fav pics from Beijing

What's with the white strip across the bottom in front?
Did they forget to paint it or what?
Old 04-22-14, 05:25 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by sg021
That MPG is probably close. I'd compare to the BMW X3 that also has a twin scroll turbo with similar characteristics at 21/24/28. Either way I'm thinking 24-25 range combined. Not the worst thing. My current car has a rated 22 combined turbo and I rarely get less than 26 on my half highway, half back roads commute....and I would fall into the "spirited" driver category. I can get around 30 if I try, and I get slightly better MPG with my car than my wife's IS250.
BMW Turbo does not have similar fuel saving tech... i wrote about 30 posts about that, and I see that nobody is reading :-).

In any case, new tech in the engines - cars run in "atkinson cycle", same as hybrids, when you are cruising, plus lots of other stuff that nobody else has, like D4-ST.

It should be more fuel efficient than anything else by 10-15% at least in real life.
Old 04-22-14, 05:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Am I the only one feeling pretty disappointed with the hybrid since it is by their own admission not fun to drive? Now I regret talking it up to my wife before the specs came out.
hybrid is not going to be anywhere as fast... turbo should be 6s and hybrid 8s 0-60.

But it will get probably 8 MPG better in real life, combined. And hybrids are fun because of the tech as well...

If I was in US, i would probably get turbo because price of gas... but in Europe, gas is 2x the price and we are taxed on cars based on fuel consumption... not to mention that we drive in cities a lot, so hybrid is generally a lot better choice.
Old 04-22-14, 06:14 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spwolf
BMW Turbo does not have similar fuel saving tech... i wrote about 30 posts about that, and I see that nobody is reading :-).

In any case, new tech in the engines - cars run in "atkinson cycle", same as hybrids, when you are cruising, plus lots of other stuff that nobody else has, like D4-ST.

It should be more fuel efficient than anything else by 10-15% at least in real life.
Yes, I do remember seeing that now. I wonder how it will play out in real world driving. An extra 2-3 MPG would be great, but if it gets 27 combined it's really starting to encroach on the Hybrid, especially if I am going to have to remove the LRR's for winter. I guess that indirectly answers my question of why they went with the ES hybrid setup over the RX450h.
Old 04-22-14, 06:20 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spwolf
hybrid is not going to be anywhere as fast... turbo should be 6s and hybrid 8s 0-60.

But it will get probably 8 MPG better in real life, combined. And hybrids are fun because of the tech as well...

If I was in US, i would probably get turbo because price of gas... but in Europe, gas is 2x the price and we are taxed on cars based on fuel consumption... not to mention that we drive in cities a lot, so hybrid is generally a lot better choice.
Fair point. I guess they are pretty aware the hybrid isn't going to do well here in the US. Co-worker has a Tesla, so I think I'm just getting my expectations a little too high for what most hybrids/EV's are realistically going to do.
Old 04-22-14, 06:26 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Here are some numbers from a C&D comparison test a while back that might be of interest. The test included the Q5, X3 and Evoque all with 2.0t engines.

The numbers are curb weight/0-60/tested mpg's/as tested price:

Q5 4,170/6.9 sec/24 mpg/$45,120
X3 4,194/6.2 sec/23 mpg/$52,348
Evoque 4,012/6.6sec/22 mpg/$56,795
Old 04-22-14, 09:38 AM
sg021
Intermediate

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just saw this regarding the sound system:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-2015-lexus-nx

Very exciting IMO as it seems the ML systems have a cult following here, and 14 speaker with 835 Watt is much more than I was even hoping for as an option.
Old 04-22-14, 10:01 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Yes, I do remember seeing that now. I wonder how it will play out in real world driving. An extra 2-3 MPG would be great, but if it gets 27 combined it's really starting to encroach on the Hybrid, especially if I am going to have to remove the LRR's for winter. I guess that indirectly answers my question of why they went with the ES hybrid setup over the RX450h.
it is really hard to see from right now what the mpg could be, but they just started selling Yaris with this tech in Japan, and they were able to get 15% mpg improvement from just these engine changes. Compared to old Yaris that had all the other fuel efficiency things like same CVT, start/stop, same tires, same weight, etc, etc, it was 15% improvement.

With NX Turbo, it should be lighter, it should have D4-ST, plus new engine tech with atkinson cycle and other things detailed.

So, it could be quite good in real life.

Of course, even if it is great, it will get 7-8 mpg less than Hybrid in real life... which is really a lot. Cant argue with 25%-30% smaller fuel bills.
Old 04-22-14, 10:04 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just saw this regarding the sound system:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-2015-lexus-nx

Very exciting IMO as it seems the ML systems have a cult following here, and 14 speaker with 835 Watt is much more than I was even hoping for as an option.
Unlike other solutions in the market today, Clari-Fi does not simply add equalization and boost bass, or focus only on leveraging high-resolution file formats on a proprietary device. HARMAN’s approach with Clari-Fi analyzes digital audio signals in real time and rebuilds them during playback. It does not mask the effects of heavy compression by adding new effects, but instead uses an algorithm to put back what is lost during the compression process. The result? High-quality audio from compressed digital files from any playback source – including the car.

“Consumers today demand that their cars function as a place where they can stay connected to their digital lives,” said Thilo Koslowski, Vice President and Automotive Practice Leader, Gartner. “As vehicles continue to offer greater connectivity and streaming capabilities, the use of digitalized audio formats will rise and with it consumers’ desire for unprecedented in-vehicle audio experiences.”

The Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System in the Lexus NX incorporates Clari-Fi technology across 14 speakers in 12 locations, carefully designed and located strategically throughout the vehicle cabin, to create an optimum listening experience. Powered by a 12-channel ML5 amplifier, the 835-watt audio system delivers the highest quality audio experience to driver and passengers alike.

The 2015 Lexus NX equipped with the available Clari-Fi-enabled Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System is expected to launch in Asia and Europe later this year. Clari-Fi technology is already featured in HARMAN’s JBL Authentics Series wireless home entertainment sound systems and will be incorporated into a range of Home, Multimedia, and Automotive products in the coming year.
Thanks a lot fo this info!
Old 04-22-14, 10:49 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus NX U.S. Specs Confirmed

Lexus has presented its all-new 2015 NX at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show, and that means we have all the specs for the compact crossover, including those of the turbocharged model, Lexus’s first force-fed car. The 2015 NX launches with two powertrain options here in the U.S., one of them the turbo (NX 200t) and the other a hybrid (NX 300h). A third option that we miss out on is naturally aspirated (NX 200).

The NX 200t comes powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine delivering 235 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The engine is paired with a six-speed automatic and drives either the front wheels or all four.

The NX 300h features the same powertrain found in Lexus’s 2015 RC 300h. It combines a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine running an Atkinson cycle with an electric motor, and also comes with the choice of front- or all-wheel drive. Peak output for this model is 194 horsepower.

Underpinning the NX is a modified version of the platform found in the Toyota RAV4, although the Lexus benefits from a comprehensive package of reinforcements. These include additional bulkheads and spot welding, suspension braces, and the use of special body adhesive, laser-screw welding and high-rigidity glass adhesive. This helps to improve rigidity, which in turn improves handling. Opt for the car’s F Sport package and you’ll get performance dampers to further enhance handling.

Tech features on the NX include a wireless charging tray, a touchpad interface, adaptive cruise control, pre-collision safety systems, and additional warning systems for blind spots, cross traffic and lane departure. The NX also comes with Lexus’s first G sensor display. For audio buffs, the NX’s available Mark Levinson sound system comes with 14 speakers and a new technology from Harman called Clari-Fi. This is said to improve the quality of music files that have been digitally compressed.

Sales of the 2015 Lexus NX begin this fall.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...onfirmed-video

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread