NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-14, 02:28 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
With RC and now this Lexus is amplifying aggression as each new model rolls out. Call me crazy but don't you see the new face of facelifted GS in that 3/4 front pic? That headlight cluster is just made to be slapped on GS.
That front 3/4 shot is the one I'm struggling with. From that angle the grill and front end looks so big and creates a huge overhang. Just too prominent IMO. I'm hoping that it's just the camera angle creating an inaccurate view of how the front end really looks. All other angles and interior look good to me.

I'm really anxious to see the NX in person to see if this is the case. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 04-24-14, 03:02 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
That front 3/4 shot is the one I'm struggling with. From that angle the grill and front end looks so big and creates a huge overhang. Just too prominent IMO. I'm hoping that it's just the camera angle creating an inaccurate view of how the front end really looks. All other angles and interior look good to me.

I'm really anxious to see the NX in person to see if this is the case. Anyone else feel this way?
I do think the hybrid has a sort of long, pointy looking nose profile. It seems much nicer on the F-Sport. I think a large overhang is going to be a given though. That just seems to be the way Lexus is. The RX/NX have pretty short wheelbases relative to their overall length compared to other brands.

Edit: I forgot this might not have been posted here yet. A white 200t F-Sport from the NY Auto Show from pretty much every angle imaginable.
http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...LexusNX-81044/

Silver 300h.
http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...NX-300h-81046/

Last edited by sg021; 04-24-14 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-24-14, 05:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by sg021
I do think the hybrid has a sort of long, pointy looking nose profile. It seems much nicer on the F-Sport. I think a large overhang is going to be a given though. That just seems to be the way Lexus is. The RX/NX have pretty short wheelbases relative to their overall length compared to other brands.

Edit: I forgot this might not have been posted here yet. A white 200t F-Sport from the NY Auto Show from pretty much every angle imaginable.
http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YO...LexusNX-81044/
It is similar as Rav4, so nothing special.

F-Sport has deeper front bumper, while non-f-sports have it less deep for better approach angles, but there were some pics that exaggerate this, difference is not that big and it is probably less pointy than current RX.
Old 04-24-14, 05:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DPK
No Mark Levinson, no HUD, and it looks like no parking assist (what? in 2015?).

Key available features (as displayed at NY auto show):

Pre-collision system with dynamic radar cruise control
Lane departure alert
Blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert
Navigation (duh - this isn't a 2012 Malibu)
Power 60/40 split rear seats

I hope that "key available features" is certainly not a complete list. No parking assist is a deal breaker for me.

I read somewhere that tire life may be "substantially less than 15,000 miles." Huh? I normally change tires at 60K. I sure hope that's turbo only and not hybrid.

It looks like the RAV4 hybrid (not announced yet but it's coming) will be more luxurious. At least it will have JBL.
Key available features are the ones that you pay extra for.

If you think Rav4 will be more luxurious than this then good luck with Rav4.
Old 04-24-14, 05:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Yeah, in base trim this is far more luxurious than the RAV4. As for tire life, that's a side effect of low profile tires. If you are getting 60k to a set of tires, they aren't low profile or high performance tires.
Old 04-24-14, 05:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sg021
I'm going to be pissed if all these options are not available in the US. I'd like to be able to max out an NX, and you'd think it would make sense to give people the ability to add as much as possible to the car. It obviously works for Porsche with their enormous options list and industry leading profit margin. (Yes I know that's not exactly an apples to apples comparison)
So far, our Hoovey has said month ago that HUD, Panoramic roof, Panoramic 360 Camera are not for US... quite likely, US is not getting ML, but is getting 10 speaker premium sound. No AVS likely either.

You are also getting full LED lights it seems, and quite few other features.

Problem is that everyone in US buys loaded, so if loaded is too expensive they get something else. Not many people would actually pay for loaded NX same price we pay in the Europe.

F-Sport with real semi-aniline leather, seat/ventilation/memory, HUD, 360 camera, Pano roof, Mark Levinson, plus options: Precrash/radar/lanedeparture/blindspot, navigation, electric seats would likely cost $10-15k extra on the top of standard F-Sport which has a lot of options already.

Who in the US would pay $55k for NX when RX starts at $42k. Nobody, everyone would complain about, and of course newspapers would quote $55k price even if $45k one has everything you need and a lot more.

I think if they sell F-Sport AWD, with nav for $45k, thats pretty nice price and looks wise, you get everything possible.
Old 04-24-14, 05:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Problem is that everyone in US buys loaded, so if loaded is too expensive they get something else. Not many people would actually pay for loaded NX same price we pay in the Europe.
I just don't know that this is true. I see a lot of lower package cars running around...
Old 04-24-14, 05:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

So far, our Hoovey has said month ago that HUD, Panoramic roof, Panoramic 360 Camera are not for US... quite likely, US is not getting ML, but is getting 10 speaker premium sound. No AVS likely either.

F-Sport with real semi-aniline leather, seat/ventilation/memory, HUD, 360 camera, Pano roof, Mark Levinson, plus options: Precrash/radar/lanedeparture/blindspot, navigation, electric seats would likely cost $10-15k extra on the top of standard F-Sport which has a lot of options already.

Who in the US would pay $55k for NX when RX starts at $42k. Nobody, everyone would complain about, and of course newspapers would quote $55k price even if $45k one has everything you need and a lot more.

I think if they sell F-Sport AWD, with nav for $45k, thats pretty nice price and looks wise, you get everything possible.
I feel special. Oh so special
Old 04-24-14, 05:54 PM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not everyone in the US buys loaded. See how many $51K ES hybrids you see (fully loaded price). Only about a third of ESs even have ML. Most (90%) are priced in the 44-48k range. The NX is geared to a much younger buyer than the ES, and, in my opinion, younger folks are more concerned about the sound system than older folks. If the ES has available ML, then the NX absolutely should. And the CT as well.

And didn't the HS250h have ML as an option? I understand it was special order only, but it was really pitched in the marketing materials. If any Lexus should be deprived of ML, the HS is it.

I wouldn't pay $55k for a NX, but I absolutely would pay $46k for one equipped like a $49k ES300h.

All things considered, I'll probably buy this car just because it's a Lexus.

Last edited by DPK; 04-25-14 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-24-14, 06:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I feel special. Oh so special
yes you are :P
Old 04-24-14, 06:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DPK
Full LED lights are nice. Lexus has finally caught up to every other luxury brand and Kia in that regard.
And here I thought that Lexus was first with full LED headlights :-)

SUVs cost more than sedans... So just like X3 is more expensive than 3 series, so would NX be more expensive than ES.

Not to mention that ES does not have the same equipment and features and certainly interior looks like two steps below NX.

So this is why they artificially limit the price.
Old 04-24-14, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Lexus was first with LED headlights and offers them in more cars than any Kia or anything not audi.. That was an odd comment
Old 04-24-14, 07:46 PM
LexFather

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/shh...oduces-20.html

New 4 cylinder Porsche Macon.. Similar power ratings
Old 04-24-14, 08:01 PM
sg021
Intermediate

I would have paid $55k for a truly fully loaded NX, but maybe I have an unusual prospective. As far as I'm concerned it addresses everything I don't like about the RX (hopefully), and with all the new technology I think this will be (would have been?) the best 2016 car when compared to RX, X3, Q5, GLK, RDX, and upcoming MKC. I'm going to hold out hope until the very end on all these options for 2016 though.

As far as buying fully loaded, as in every major option, I don't think this is really the case in the US. I live in the east coast suburbs and most of what I see is not maxed out as far as I can tell. Rarely see F-Sport anything, and have seen a bunch of FWD RX350's. AWD is usually one of the first options people go for here. In general from my test driving experiences, most of the dealer inventory has a mix of popular options. I haven't ever even tried a "maxed out" car yet.

Last edited by sg021; 04-24-14 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-24-14, 08:07 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexFather
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/shh...oduces-20.html

New 4 cylinder Porsche Macon.. Similar power ratings
Not too surprising since it's just the base Audi Q5 engine I believe, unlike the S and Turbo that have actual turbo V6 Porsche engines.

I absolutely love the look of the Macan btw. Unfortunately the $55k I mentioned I'd pay for an NX doesn't go quite as far on a Macan S. To make it the way I want it I was hitting $70k on their builder. Maybe the Diesel will come to the US and magically be $10k cheaper, but I think my prayers would be better spent on that Levinson audio....

Last edited by sg021; 04-24-14 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread