NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15, 01:16 AM
Maugis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite model of this beautiful car brand
Old 11-12-15, 12:46 PM
ronslexus
Driver

Default matador red

love the color. great looking. Have fun.
Old 11-23-15, 04:42 PM
benladams
Driver School Candidate

Default Lovin It!

Hi Errrrbody!

I leased my 2016 Blue Vortex Metallic NX 200t F-Sport almost a month ago. It rolled into the dealership on a Wednesday morning, and I drove it out that night. I've been lurking on various NX forums ever since, but I finally decided to register and post today. I figured I'd share a few of my impressions.

This is my first totally-on-my-own car acquisition. My previous ride was a brand new, manual transmission 2005 Scion tC (courtesy of a down-payment provided by my father) that served me faithfully for eleven years. I sold it to CarMax (with 200,000 miles, a dying transmission, and a million fantastic memories) and used that money as a (tiny) down payment on the NX.

I never saw myself as an SUV kinda guy, but, for some reason, the very first time I saw an NX driving around LA, I fell absolutely head-over-heels for it. The gaping grille, the sharp angles, the sloping roofline - I love every view (except, honestly, straight-on from the back...kinda looks like a squashed Sienna). I seriously love this car.

Having driven it for a month, here are my impressions (I could probably post this in the impressions thread, but....whatev):

1. The ride is fantastically smooth.
2. It's eerily quiet up until about 65mph.
3. The ASC is silly. Sorta sounds like a vacuum is eating a carpet.
4. When I start the car, I immediately switch to manual, f-sport, TRAC & VSC off. This takes a bunch of button-presses to accomplish and constantly pops up a status message saying VSC is off (like...every five seconds, no matter how often you dismiss it). I wish there was a one-touch setting or a way to default to those settings (or, like other markets, a Sport+ setting). The automatic mode (even in F-Sport) AGGRESSIVELY up-shifts you - to the point that I'll be in 6th gear at 40mph. Not a fan.
5. The seats are amazing.
6. The F-Sport package makes allll the difference when it comes to appearance.
7. The sound system is pleasant. Once I put pads on the license plate frame, I enjoyed the bass much more...
8. The cargo net design is a total lifesaver.
9. The touch pad took some getting used to, but now I'm a pro. I definitely turned the haptic feedback off ASAP.
10. Them DRLs, tho.....
11. I really wanted a glass panoramic roof
12. I finally have a horn that doesn't sound like Japanese scooter!
13. My phone is too big for the wireless charging tray
14. There is NOWHERE to put stuff. No cool little storage places (except for the sunglasses holder which....let's admit...is odd. A totally-removable, losable cover? With a mirror?). There's not even a place to put a couple of pens or some change or a few gift cards. Everything is in the bottom of the center console, and, even with just a few items in there, it looks like a TOTAL mess. I'm kind of a neat freak.
15. I really want one of those credit-card-sized smart keys to keep in my wallet.
16. I've never had parking assist, but now I don't think I could live without it.
17. The paddleshifters keep me engaged in the driving experience.
18. I used Eco exactly one time.
19. I drive very aggressively but still average 22MPG and, so far, have gotten almost exactly 300 miles to each tank (on premium).
20. My friends think I'm cool. My dad thinks I'm classy. My mom thinks I should have gotten a sensible Toyota.

Looking forward to lots of new adventures!
Old 11-24-15, 11:22 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Congrats on your new NX. Have had mine for 5 months now and love it. I agree about places to put stuff, but I have adjusted and put pens and coins in the middle compartment between the seats on the sliding tray.

I love the sun roof. I have aftermarket 20" wheels and tires and they are not only great looking but the ride was not compromised at all. I also have a IS250 and love it also.

Welcome to Lexus and hope you enjoy your ride. Post some pics for us to see.
Old 11-27-15, 07:42 PM
intoit
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 2016 NX. I moved from an 03 Audi A4 Quattro with 175K miles. I drove a VW Golf before that for 225K I'm looking forward to a new brand and hopefully a long lasting car. I'm joining here to learn from all of you!

Old 11-28-15, 10:03 AM
ronslexus2
Driver School Candidate

Default intoit

Congrats on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy mine.

Welcome to the Forum
Old 11-30-15, 06:13 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ronslexus
... put pens and coins in the middle compartment between the seats on the sliding tray.
Where is this sliding tray of which you speak?
Old 12-07-15, 07:31 PM
datpimp007
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New NX200T Owner here!

Purchased the SUV back in October. Black with the black/maroon interior. Car had swirls from the janky dealership carwash. First month of ownership and got paint correction, Opti-Coat Pro and Suntek full front paint protection film. Just did 35% Llumar film tint for the front windows. Plan to do crossbar for the winter season.

So far loving the car. Annoyed though about the subwoofer in the rear trunk. I can't turn the volume above 30 without the license plate rattling. But other than that it's a fun car. Looking forward to seeing how the car performs in the winter.

Old 12-07-15, 11:03 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

^^^ Did you remove the F-Sport badges on the side of the vehicle?
Old 12-08-15, 06:16 AM
datpimp007
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
^^^ Did you remove the F-Sport badges on the side of the vehicle?
Detailers removed the F-Sport badges when they did the paint protection film. I decided to keep them off. Think the car looks cleaner without them. The front bumper already advertises F-Sport anyway. Still have the badges on the rear though.
Old 12-13-15, 02:48 AM
ancorteITA
5th Gear

Default Nx 300

Hello, next week i'll have the nx 300 fsport ordered 2 months ago. i hope enjoying with it, even if i'm worried......is my choice the right choise ? In the past i had only Diesel, my wife has a golf tsi gasoline and when i drive it i appreciate the sound and the quiet of this motor.
Old 12-13-15, 03:58 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by ancorteITA
Hello, next week i'll have the nx 300 fsport ordered 2 months ago. i hope enjoying with it, even if i'm worried......is my choice the right choise ? In the past i had only Diesel, my wife has a golf tsi gasoline and when i drive it i appreciate the sound and the quiet of this motor.

Great news! I understand this is your first hybrid and I know you'll love it. What's fun is you have a lot of control on maximizing your fuel economy. In case you're not familiar please become familiar with the "pulse and glide" technique to maximize your fuel efficiency as per here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...ml#post8829860

Have fun!
Ciao!
Old 12-13-15, 10:09 AM
VladSoare
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Bucharest, Romania.
I'm no Lexus owner. I'm considering getting an NX 300h in the near future, but I haven't decided yet. I must first make sure that it's really the perfect car for me. It's quite expensive, so I'd better make sure I won't regret it later on.

So, no pictures yet, just a lot of questions. And hopefully pictures will follow.
Old 12-31-15, 08:07 AM
Dafast1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After an ownership run of RXs (330, 350, and the 400H that I still drive...the absolute best sized and aesthetically looking vehicle ever to come out of Lexus!) we picked up "her" NX yesterday. She was simply too petite to jump into an even bigger RX350 and is somewhat disappointed about that. I don't like that she went with the black interior but I gave up telling this independent woman what she should drive years ago, and she'll never go for the hybrid despite that her commute is much more conducive to it than mine, "honey, I simply can't stand how eerily quiet your car is at the stop lights; I need to know the car is working!"...so cute when she says that.
Here it is waiting for the license plates and our orientation...(and through the 14 second mark is that beautiful 400H sitting in the parking lot to the right of the white 350)

Last edited by Dafast1; 12-31-15 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-31-15, 08:15 AM
Dafast1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benladams
Hi Errrrbody!
1. The ride is fantastically smooth.
13. My phone is too big for the wireless charging tray
14. There is NOWHERE to put stuff. No cool little storage places (except for the sunglasses holder which....let's admit...is odd. A totally-removable, losable cover? With a mirror?). There's not even a place to put a couple of pens or some change or a few gift cards. Everything is in the bottom of the center console, and, even with just a few items in there, it looks like a TOTAL mess. I'm kind of a neat freak.
15. I really want one of those credit-card-sized smart keys to keep in my wallet.
...after the ride home I'm with Ben on the above points.

Last edited by Dafast1; 12-31-15 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!