NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 05:49 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Traded our 2013 RX-350 in for an NX-300h this weekend. The 3rd generation RX grew a bit in size, much to our disappointment - and of course the 4th gen grew even more. The last RX was a bit tall for my wife and we tried nerf bars - but they were ugly on the vehicle and frankly, looked like they could be dangerous. We loved the RX but found we just weren't driving it. We put 5300 miles on it in three years time. We decided to trade in rather than let it sit in the garage and depreciate further.

So on to the NX. This vehicle fits our needs better - we think. It has most of the features of the RX and only a few minor compromises. It definitely has a bouncier ride and is a little noisier compared to the big brother RX, but it isn't punishing or overly noisy. So far, we are really liking it.

I must admit, we really liked the Acura RDX too. It was slightly noisier but it had more features at a lower price. If it had been just a little closer to the ground, we might have gone that route rather than the NX. In the end, the NX was just the best fit - plus we like the look much better and of course Lexus has better reliability ratings.

Old 02-24-16, 12:07 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gio927
What's up everyone,

My name is Gio and live in Miami. Traded in my 2013 Toyota Rav4 for the NX200T F Sport in white, with Red and Black interior. My wife mainly drives it but I am thoroughly impressed with the look and performance. I changed the Reverse lights to LED as well as the vanity and trunk cargo lights to LEDs. I will post some pictures tonight.
What LEDs did you use for the reverse lights? (from where? part number? etc)

Thanks!
Old 02-24-16, 05:56 AM
gio927
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
What LEDs did you use for the reverse lights? (from where? part number? etc)

Thanks!
My supplier is BEST LED part number is 921 - 11 W LED w/Cree.

I sell a whole bunch of lights locally and other forums I was apart of. I will take a picture of the lights later tonight when I get home so you can see them. I also changed the vanity and both cargo lights to LED
Old 02-25-16, 03:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Traded our 2013 RX-350 in for an NX-300h this weekend. The 3rd generation RX grew a bit in size, much to our disappointment - and of course the 4th gen grew even more. The last RX was a bit tall for my wife and we tried nerf bars - but they were ugly on the vehicle and frankly, looked like they could be dangerous. We loved the RX but found we just weren't driving it. We put 5300 miles on it in three years time. We decided to trade in rather than let it sit in the garage and depreciate further.

So on to the NX. This vehicle fits our needs better - we think. It has most of the features of the RX and only a few minor compromises. It definitely has a bouncier ride and is a little noisier compared to the big brother RX, but it isn't punishing or overly noisy. So far, we are really liking it.

I must admit, we really liked the Acura RDX too. It was slightly noisier but it had more features at a lower price. If it had been just a little closer to the ground, we might have gone that route rather than the NX. In the end, the NX was just the best fit - plus we like the look much better and of course Lexus has better reliability ratings.

Congrats on the switch!
Old 02-25-16, 04:54 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on the switch!
Thanks. I loved the RX so I'm still in the remorse stage. LOL. The NX is going to be more fun but definitely not as elegant as the RX. Both great cars so we win either way!
Old 03-10-16, 02:52 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Thanks. I loved the RX so I'm still in the remorse stage. LOL. The NX is going to be more fun but definitely not as elegant as the RX. Both great cars so we win either way!
Your NX looks great. I have one right now as a loaner while my GS gets repaired, and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised with it. It has a lot more power than I was expecting and is a hoot to drive. Same exterior color as yours but with the black interior.
Old 03-11-16, 08:51 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Your NX looks great. I have one right now as a loaner while my GS gets repaired, and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised with it. It has a lot more power than I was expecting and is a hoot to drive. Same exterior color as yours but with the black interior.
Thanks. This was actually our second choice on color. We would have liked a Nebula Gray Pearl like our RX but they all had the black interiors. Our ES has a black interior and we really don't care for it. It's much harder to keep looking clean.

As for power, ours is the hybrid so it's pretty wimpy, but it has enough power for us and we like the hybrid drivetrain.
Old 03-13-16, 04:27 PM
ForeverLs
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up MY NEW NX with F_Sport package

hi

i have been fallowing this club from long time..
i got my first car NX200T F-SPORT,NEBULA GREY
Old 03-13-16, 08:21 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ForeverLs
hi

i have been fallowing this club from long time..
i got my first car NX200T F-SPORT,NEBULA GREY
What a super-cool color for an NX!! It's my favorite!

Congratulations!

Let's see some pics.
Old 03-24-16, 06:49 AM
Missalyss7
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus NX F Sport

Hi Everybody! My name is Alyssa and I just got an NX! It's Silver Lining Metallic with Rioja red interior. I got all of the black plastic trim painted to match the body color.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpeg  
Old 03-24-16, 07:02 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

can you elaborate on where, who did the paint match on plastic trim? Not heard of doing this before.
My silver lining FSport is in transit.
thanks
Old 03-24-16, 08:29 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kent2174
can you elaborate on where, who did the paint match on plastic trim? Not heard of doing this before.
thanks
you can take a trip to Florida, this user had it done:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...and-after.html
Old 03-24-16, 08:39 AM
Missalyss7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kent2174
thanks
My dad actually owns a collision repair shop ( Custom Craft Auto Collision in Santa Fe,NM) and he painted the pieces for me. The wheel arches, bottom lip of front bumper and the rear bumper.
Old 03-24-16, 04:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Missalyss7
Hi Everybody! My name is Alyssa and I just got an NX! It's Silver Lining Metallic with Rioja red interior. I got all of the black plastic trim painted to match the body color.
Looks great. Congrats on your new NX and welcome to the forum Alyssa!
Old 03-27-16, 09:55 AM
Fyrcat
Rookie

Default New f-sport owner

Hi, just purchased and brought home my 2016 white w/black interior f-sport nx200t. The one I bought was at Pebble Beach and was driven back and forth from a Montery dealer to the golf course. It came with 177 miles, and no lit door sills..so I received a bit off the price because of these things.
I had, before this, a 1999 rx300 I bought new. I had this for 17 years, and only had 95,000 miles on it that I used for a trade(of which I only got 1700.00&#128543
Here's what I think so far of my new NX: first, I do love the styling. It is an aggressive looking little beast. I do the the exterior..no complaints. Has great pickup and go...only drove it for 30 miles so I'm sure I'll find our how it does on different driving conditions.
The interior..here's where I have a bit of a problem. I wish I had an option for a lighter color..such as gray or tan. I also wish I could have had the option for real leather. I feel like I am going backwards with the pleather coming from the rx300..with real leather and wood. Speaking of wood...there is none..buts there is lots of plastic.
Having said all that, it still is a nice interior, well placed controls and filled with technology, a lot of which I won't use. I did not enjoy the technology tech...he was ok in the basic info. But I believe they are pushing way too much towards their subscription services. Maybe a lot of you will embrace all of this, but I don't have that type of lifestyle and won't use it.
I am wondering if anyone has purchase interior wood trim kits for the NX? I am interested in fancying up the interior. And I will live with pleather for a while, and if I can't stand it, I will look for an auto upholstry company to outfit it with leather.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!