NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 10:18 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

My 2016 NX 200t FSport AWD with triple LED headlamps in Silver Lining with red seats was delivered Sunday.
Currently own 2010RX; selling my 2003RX with 95k miles, which i will greatly miss.
We had 2016RX for service loaner and agree magnificent model. But too big, at this time of downsizing.
I preferred driving the older RX, with less get up and go from start. The 2010X has more power than I am used to.
I liked the NX from the first time I saw it. The acceleration is thankfully much greater than the 2003RX.
The NX is quiet with no rattles at this time.
We have worst road in the city nearby with temporary fixed pot holes. Impressed with NX suspension and how it handles the bumpy road.
More than loving it.
While silver was not my favorite color, it was only color with mandatory options I desired without going out of state.
So glad i got silver, as I can't stand dust on the car. The color does not show dirt.
My 2003RX was blue silver, so almost same as before.
I am 145lbs, 6'0' and seats are fine.
Paid $500 under invoice cost. Purchased 8 year/75k extended warranty & 5 year prepaid factory maintenance.
Loving Blind Spot Monitor and back up lines.
Need to add weatherstripping to rear license frame when license plate arrives. Obviously a design flaw.
Old 04-02-16, 04:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

@Fyrcat @kent2174 congrats on your new NXs!
Old 04-02-16, 05:39 AM
tafter2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Hey guys!

My NX finally arrived today! Put about 50km on the clock today.

Here is a picture of it and you see all the features of it in my signature!

It is a NX 300h F-Sport.

I know that showroom .. That's Lexus of Blackburn !! My NX was at the same spot and used the same ribbon when they presented it to me just before the Easter break .. hahaha ! Congrats Mate!
Old 04-02-16, 05:57 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tafter2001
I know that showroom .. That's Lexus of Blackburn !! My NX was at the same spot and used the same ribbon when they presented it to me just before the Easter break .. hahaha ! Congrats Mate!
Haha cool! Is the LFA still there?

Show us your NX!
Old 04-02-16, 03:38 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Fuel reset?

Can I assume when I fill the tank, nothing is required by me to "reset" the system manually? System is smart enough to know I just got gas, right?
Old 04-03-16, 06:36 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by kent2174
Can I assume when I fill the tank, nothing is required by me to "reset" the system manually? System is smart enough to know I just got gas, right?
There's an "After Reset" showing your MPG since your last manual reset.

There's also an "After Refuel" which is the automatic one you are referring to. If you don't see this in the 4.2 in cluster display, you can configure this in the Settings in the same display.
Old 04-03-16, 01:18 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
There's an "After Reset" showing your MPG since your last manual reset.

There's also an "After Refuel" which is the automatic one you are referring to. If you don't see this in the 4.2 in cluster display, you can configure this in the Settings in the same display.
He might want the distance travelled after refuel and not the consumption. My brain is too tired to check if that's an option.
Old 04-03-16, 11:30 PM
tafter2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Haha cool! Is the LFA still there?

Show us your NX!
Definitely ..!! It's still there .. I got mine 22nd of March. i wanted an F-Sport with EP1 but me wife said the front end looks like "Darth Vader".. and she's not a fan of "Darth Vader" therefore she's not happy with it...( hahaha ) She finds the other one better.. F-Sports only comes in Nova white, My wife and I wanted it in Sonic Quarts .. If we want it in Sonic Quarts, we have to wait 'till 2nd to 3rd week of May. that is like 2 more months whereas the Luxury AWD EP1(Sonic Quarts) is ready for delivery.. I'm willing to wait but my wife doesn't. she wants the Hybrid ... i don't want the Hybrid .. And so we end up with this .. 200t Luxury AWD EP1 in Sonic Quarts with Permagard paint, interior protection and tint + luggage tray (still manage to chop off $3.5k from the drive-away price). Oh, then there's <a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/vxjn1l.jpg"> <b>THIS</b> </a> when I opened up the tail gate. A little something for my wife, they said..( I wonder where's mine not even a bottle of beer?) ... Everyone is happy.

<a href="http://i68.tinypic.com/wuqzqv.jpg"><b>PIC1</b></a> <a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/mrhw7.jpg"><b>PIC2</b></a> <a href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/30c109e.jpg"><b>PIC3</b></a> <a href="http://oi63.tinypic.com/2motfcz.jpg"><b>PIC4</b></a>
Old 04-10-16, 10:27 PM
akaido
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long time forum browser since 4th gen GS350, just purchased a 2016 NX 200t F Sport - Metallic silver. I had a 2015 MB C300 and glad to finally join the Lexus community! Its raining tonight and the next several days, cant wait to wash, polish, wax, and seal the car!!! Excuse me for the poor quality photo and daughter s shoe taken in garage - just got back from dealer and was raining.
Old 04-11-16, 11:58 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Default congrats

Nice looking ride. Have fun. Have had mine for 9 months and love it more every day.
Old 04-13-16, 10:24 AM
lexusbexus
Rookie

I guess I can officially join the forum now.

Coming from several Toyota Camrys over the years, we wanted to step up, literally and figuratively. This car is for my parents in their 50s so they wanted a higher ride as well to treat themselves with a luxury car.

2016 NX 200t FWD
-Nebula Gray Pearl with Flaxen Nuluxe
-Premium Package - moonroof, heated/ventilated seats, 18" wheels, memory system
-Power Back Door
-Intuitive Park Assist with Back Sonar
-BSM with Rear Cross Traffic Alert - Would have liked to get Lane Departure Alert, but it's only available with the Nav and Triple Beam package for some reason.
-Preferred Accessory Package - cargo net, cargo mat, wheel locks, rear bumper protector

We didn't want an F-Sport because that grille is just too ugly. I know that's an unpopular opinion around here. I actually think the base NX's grille is a much much better application of the spindle than the F-Sport and also compared to other Lexus models. The underbite on the front end does look a bit odd, but only viewed from the front. From other angles it looks like a Macaneqsue rocket.

Didn't see any need to spend 1800 more on Nav. Car navs are notoriously problematic, especially with this being a trackpad. They're built-in so the tech ages poorly and car makers don't have as much expertise in the technology as, say, Google. I'd much rather use my phone or get a top of the line GPS device that has all the same features and more. Only downside is the NX's stupid center stack only has a power outlet in the armrest so the power cable will be strung along the console.

Love the Nebula Gray and Flaxen interior individually as well as a combination.

Old 04-13-16, 11:27 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome. When my wife and I were looking at the NX before buying one, we felt the same way about the F-Sport grill. Enjoy the car.
Old 04-14-16, 03:22 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Ditto - that's the main reason I got the std model. Hope you enjoy your NX. Had mine over a year now and absolutely love it. I've had none of the issues noted on this forum. Hope you and your family enjoy the same success!!!
Old 04-17-16, 12:34 AM
NXNick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new NX please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model and package
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!
Hi Everybody!
Just got my 2016 NX200t earlier in the week and am IN LOVE with it. Wow..... Then again, you guys probably already have the same feelings! Autumn Shimmer, Creme, Nav, Premium Package, Blind Spot/Parking Assist, Power Rear Door, Mats/Wheel lock package, other regular extras, MSRP listed at $43k.

In the 'What Did You Pay for Your NX' thread a couple of days ago I went into detail about how we bought the car, & full dollar/options info, so I won't repeat it here.

My wife & I don't see any NX's where we live----between Phoenix & Tucson, but do see more than a few RX's. We get stares and smiles everywhere we go, cause it's a strikingly beautiful car, and the dark brown color shine looks & pops like dark glass.

We're so happy to stay in the Toyota Family having purchased the last 4 new Toyota cars in a row.

Can't wait to learn more from everybody about our new baby! Thanks again!
Old 04-17-16, 04:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by NXNick
Hi Everybody!
Just got my 2016 NX200t earlier in the week and am IN LOVE with it. Wow..... Then again, you guys probably already have the same feelings! Autumn Shimmer, Creme, Nav, Premium Package, Blind Spot/Parking Assist, Power Rear Door, Mats/Wheel lock package, other regular extras, MSRP listed at $43k.

In the 'What Did You Pay for Your NX' thread a couple of days ago I went into detail about how we bought the car, & full dollar/options info, so I won't repeat it here.

My wife & I don't see any NX's where we live----between Phoenix & Tucson, but do see more than a few RX's. We get stares and smiles everywhere we go, cause it's a strikingly beautiful car, and the dark brown color shine looks & pops like dark glass.

We're so happy to stay in the Toyota Family having purchased the last 4 new Toyota cars in a row.

Can't wait to learn more from everybody about our new baby! Thanks again!

Very rare color. Please post pics, welcome to the forum and congrats!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!