NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-17, 11:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by craiga
I have a 2016 NX. Nebula Gray, standard pkg. Nuluxe (Texas Longhorn Burnt Orange) interior. I traded in for my 2011 RX, in Jan 2016. My RX felt like a truck; the NX feels like a car. I wanted that. I also love the NuLuxe interior. No cracks/wrinkles like the perforated leather in my RX. It's also temperature-friendly (my leather got too hot sitting in a parking lot in 100-degree weather, and it was freezing in the winter). NuLuxe stays truer to my body temperature.

Only downside it the horrible road noise. I hate that! I had an 2008 IS250, which I gave to my son when he graduated college, and my RX 350. Neither had this much road noise...heck, no other car I've owned had this much road noise. I am considering trading in for an ES 350. Did I mention that I love the NuLuxe? I will never buy another car with leather interior.

Congrats, I guess? Which tires do you have?
Old 01-20-17, 06:02 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Second Lexus, first NX

Picked up my 2016 NX two weeks ago. It's a Matador Red Mica with a black interior. This is replacing a IS250 (same color).

I'm enjoying the extra room and the new safety features. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum!
Old 01-22-17, 01:38 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by wpath
Picked up my 2016 NX two weeks ago. It's a Matador Red Mica with a black interior. This is replacing a IS250 (same color).

I'm enjoying the extra room and the new safety features. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum!
Congrats on your NX and nice (rare) color. Post some pics in the pics thread!
Old 01-22-17, 03:59 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, this is my 2nd NX! Traded up to a beautiful 2017, Atomic Silver()Rioja Red interior.
F Sport With a bunch of options. Electrochromic Inside mirror w/ homelink, LED triple headlights W/o auto high beams
Navigation w/ 10 speaker prem. sound, Elec.chro. Outer mirrors w. BSM & rear cross traffic alert, heated & memory, tilt.
Intuitive park assist, Power lift rear door, Pre-collision Sys. w/ All speed cruise cont., Prem. F Sport package, heated
perf. leather steering wheel w/ paddle shifters, (WOOHOO!) All weather mats & cargo mat, cargo net, wheel locks, &
rear bumper protector!
Wheels are awesome looking w/ this color!
At dealers show room!
First time home!
Tinted windows
Just some of clear bra stuff!

Last edited by NXblue; 02-11-17 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to post pics!!
Old 01-23-17, 06:52 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds great, have fun with it!
Old 01-23-17, 05:13 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Talking Love my new NX so far!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on your NX and nice (rare) color. Post some pics in the pics thread!
Loving the new baby so far! I've had the windows down so much, since our weather has been so warm here in FL lately.
Drove our neighbors yesterday; lots of questions, and they were giving the new NX a lot of love...
I'll try to take some pics after I have a chance to get it washed after yesterday's rains!
Old 01-23-17, 07:38 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Congrats on your new ride. I can't imagine what it would be like to wash the car again. We had a few warm days recently, but with a sea of melting snow. It has been over two months since ours got a bath and it is deparately in need. That's ok though, we can drive with our windows down in the summer.

It has been so cold here the dealer even shut their car wash down. I am extremely reluctant to let them wash my cars when they are serviced anyway, but it looks so awful I was going to make an exception. Oh well - not too disappointed the wash isn't heated and can't operate in such cold temps.
Old 01-23-17, 08:26 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Originally Posted by batchelor
Sounds great, have fun with it!
Thanks batchelor, I will!!
Old 01-23-17, 08:28 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Congrats on your new ride. I can't imagine what it would be like to wash the car again. We had a few warm days recently, but with a sea of melting snow. It has been over two months since ours got a bath and it is deparately in need. That's ok though, we can drive with our windows down in the summer.

It has been so cold here the dealer even shut their car wash down. I am extremely reluctant to let them wash my cars when they are serviced anyway, but it looks so awful I was going to make an exception. Oh well - not too disappointed the wash isn't heated and can't operate in such cold temps.
That's what I like about C/S co. Even when it's cold, or snowy, there is almost always days that warm up enough to wash the ride!!
Old 01-24-17, 04:08 AM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Red face Thanks!

Brrrr! Not for this Florida native!
Hope you get an early spring!
Old 01-24-17, 05:45 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Uggg. I would just be happy for a "normal" winter.

Anyway, since this board is about the NX I won't dwell on the weather but I will say the NX has done nicely with all this snow. For the first time in my memory we literally had to park our front drive sedan because I was worried about how much snow it would have to plow just to get through our subdivision (and EVERYONE was getting stuck in their 2WD cars). Then we had a little melting and the snow turned to that mashed potato consistency and froze solid again. At that point I was even worried for the NX because as we bounced through the ruts in the frozen slush, you could hear it scraping and banging against the bottom of the car. I was afraid I was going to drag off a muffler. The highway department finally got to our street with a road grader and then it was at least passable again. As a community we just aren't prepared for this kind of weather as it is very unusual. the NX did fine through all of this, but I was definitely worried during that period where we were dragging the undercarriage through the frozen slush.

Throughout this extreme winter, I haven't experienced any particular traction problems though. I was a bit skeptical of the AWD in the hybrid since the rear wheels are only powered by an electric motor. I didn't know if it would be as robust as a proper AWD setup with a physical connection to the internal combustion engine. It never let us down so I am satisfied with its winter capabilities. Of course, if winters like this were typical for us I would have different winter tires but considering we only have all-season tires, I cannot complain.
Old 01-24-17, 08:44 AM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Uggg. I would just be happy for a "normal" winter.

Anyway, since this board is about the NX I won't dwell on the weather but I will say the NX has done nicely with all this snow. For the first time in my memory we literally had to park our front drive sedan because I was worried about how much snow it would have to plow just to get through our subdivision (and EVERYONE was getting stuck in their 2WD cars). Then we had a little melting and the snow turned to that mashed potato consistency and froze solid again. At that point I was even worried for the NX because as we bounced through the ruts in the frozen slush, you could hear it scraping and banging against the bottom of the car. I was afraid I was going to drag off a muffler. The highway department finally got to our street with a road grader and then it was at least passable again. As a community we just aren't prepared for this kind of weather as it is very unusual. the NX did fine through all of this, but I was definitely worried during that period where we were dragging the undercarriage through the frozen slush.

Throughout this extreme winter, I haven't experienced any particular traction problems though. I was a bit skeptical of the AWD in the hybrid since the rear wheels are only powered by an electric motor. I didn't know if it would be as robust as a proper AWD setup with a physical connection to the internal combustion engine. It never let us down so I am satisfied with its winter capabilities. Of course, if winters like this were typical for us I would have different winter tires but considering we only have all-season tires, I cannot complain.
Glad to hear about your good performance during your crazy winter. Here in FL, virtually all the NX's that come in are FWD only, since we would rarely if ever need AWD. I didn't see a single AWD in my dealer's lot, that I can remember.
Old 01-26-17, 06:46 PM
twebb726
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just took delivery of my 2017 NX F-Sport today. Here are a couple pics. Didn't have time to take really good ones, was in a rush today, will post more possibly tomorrow or this weekend.
A few quick stats:

2017 NX 200t F-Sport
Color: Ultrasonic Mica Blue 2.0 (apparently this is twice baked paint, so it's harder - classic for Colorado!)
Package: Premium Package w/Moonroof, Memory/Heated Seats, BSM and more.
Extras: I paid out of pocket, rather than financing an extra $1k for the Paint Protection Film and tinting the driver/passenger windows to match the back tint that came with car. I also went to the service department with my sales associate and found out they now have two types of all-weather floor mats (which these also cover the entire back floor to protect console) Pictures from dealership

. Looks like Lexus wised up to compete with WeatherTech. They have a raised lip version which is the exact same price ($119) for a set of four. My sales associate, without even mentioning it to me, asked the Service Manager is he could use his employee discount to apply to the price and he said they couldn't becuase of their new Lexus Plus Dealership (limits flexibility in negotiating deals apparently), but he did it anyways. Got them for $100 and change. And to add to it, I went in and they just started a another promo through end of month and I got an additional $500 off purchase price.
Old 01-26-17, 07:11 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

funny, the lighting makes it look like your car got bird bombed

congrats on the new car!
Old 01-26-17, 10:49 PM
wpath
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful color! Enjoy the new ride!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!