NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

ClubLexus Review: NX200t F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-14, 03:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if that's the case then the car is just that much less attractive (which is still very attractive)

spwolf no idea where you read but when i go to lexus.com. i don't care about destination and stuff, what they say is base, is base. sure you can argue it's 41k car, if you care about that 1k so much
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus Review: NX200t F Sport-capture.jpg  
Old 10-03-14, 04:12 PM
CrysDark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to my dealer today and in their backend they should have pricing but nothing has been updated. I am sure they are sitting around a board room table arguing over how close to the RX do they price this, lol.
Old 10-03-14, 05:13 PM
Nights
Pole Position

In Australia, the higher end NX models definitely encroach on the lower end RX prices, but to be honest, I don't think Lexus will care too much. I do think they appeal to different markets, and there are a lot of people looking at the NX that wouldn't have looked at the RX. For example, when I was doing the NX test drive, the couple who were due next to test drive were chatting with the dealer, and I overheard them saying that this was the first time they'd considered a Lexus. Previously they'd be looking at the Evoque, and that the design of the NX is much more to their liking than the "older" Lexus look ie RX, LS etc. They ended up ordering one after their test drive.

BMW and Audi have no issues with the Q3/5/7 and X1/3/5 overlapping slightly, I don't know why people feel the NX should be much cheaper than the RX. And it is no comparison to the CT; it's a much bigger car, with far superior interior, there's no way it'd be priced in the same range.
Old 10-06-14, 09:37 AM
DougNuts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nights
BMW and Audi have no issues with the Q3/5/7 and X1/3/5 overlapping slightly,
Lexus seems to have no issue overlapping the RX and GX either. There's a limit to how low they'll be able to take price, but it will also depend on if they care about competing with the RDX and the GLA. I still think aggressive pricing would be anything lower than $34.9k and expect to see it a grand or two higher. In a market where a Jeep Cherokee (not the Grand Cherokee) can be optioned to over $40k, Lexus isn't going to give these away.
Old 10-06-14, 03:00 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah, if she's been thinking about suv like the rx, then she might be surprised (not in a good way) about the nx. i wonder if they are going to have rx200t down the road, that might be the fix to your gas mileage concern
She does not want another large-ish SUV and the fuel economy of the RX is essentially identical to that of our '06 HiHy so that removed the RX450h from consideration before we even began this research (as she would rather not have any car payment if she's not getting any additional fuel economy).

When we original bought our '06 HiHy, we noted that it and the 450h's were all REALLY overpowered with the ample v6 that continues to be used by itself in the non-hybrid versions. We always wondered WHY Toyota did not simply use an I4 when they added the Hybrid as we would have thought that would have been more than sufficent. However, SUVs are heavy vehicles so the power possible out of a Turbo-Hybrid might be the trick. Besides the engineering challenges associated with such an offer, we suspect that Lexus would want to hold out on such an option until later in the prodcuts life cycle so... it's about time for one to show up in the next iteration of the RX, right?

Originally Posted by rominl
yes, i haven't driven the regular nx200t so i don't how much softer that car is.... my wife could tell me "umm this car turns pretty flat"
Yep, flatter cornering usually equates to a stiffer suspension and although great for handling, such a design typically makes for a MUCH rougher ride (The active suspension in the BMW X series is the exception to that rule as it uses technology to allow a softer ride AND flat cornering) and thus another reason that the F-Sport is a NON-STARTER.

The reality is that the wife likes the ES300h as has 1) excellent fuel economy, 2) Luxurious interior, 3) New technology features like blind side and front crash avoidance (ify on the later), 4) Heated seats/steering wheel, 5) Quiet interior. The only thing she doesn't really like about the ES is the same issue as would be with ANY car... it sits WAY too low for her. She has driven nothing but SUVs for the last 14 years and she feels MUCH more comfortable driving in the higher driving position an SUV offers thus....

We are simply hoping that there is not the same $6K difference between the non-Hybrid and Hybrid versions that currently exist in the RX line offerings. We don't mind paying for features we want but I doubt that we would be willing to pony up anything north of $44K for a Hybrid version of the NX when we can by a "nicely-equipped" ES300h that retails for $46K for right at $42K (after typical dealer discounts). We are hoping that we an identically-equipped 2WD NX Hybrid will be available between $42K to $44K which we feel would be priced well enough for us to consider it as a viable option.

Last edited by bunka; 10-06-14 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-06-14, 06:14 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka

Yep, flatter cornering usually equates to a stiffer suspension and although great for handling, such a design typically makes for a MUCH rougher ride (The active suspension in the BMW X series is the exception to that rule as it uses technology to allow a softer ride AND flat cornering) and thus another reason that the F-Sport is a NON-STARTER.

We are simply hoping that there is not the same $6K difference between the non-Hybrid and Hybrid versions that currently exist in the RX line offerings. We are hoping that we an identically-equipped 2WD NX Hybrid will be available between $42K to $44K which we feel would be priced well enough for us to consider it as a viable option.
It's too bad AVS is not available in the US, but I'll be sure to comment on the comfort and handling with AVS in all modes (Eco, Normal, Sport S, Sport S+) when I get it in two months. I expect it to be firm in Sport S+ a little more stiff than my IS (non-AVS) F-Sport, but I expect it to be softer in the other modes.

I feel you're in good shape for a 42K 2WD base or 44K for a next package NX300h. Hopefully we'll know any day now!
Old 10-06-14, 06:54 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I feel you're in good shape for a 42K 2WD base or 44K for a next package NX300h. Hopefully we'll know any day now!
I don't understand the term "next package NX300h" & no interest in a base model non-hybrid but I think you are saying that you believe that the NX300h may be obtainable for $44K
Old 10-06-14, 08:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I don't understand the term "next package NX300h" & no interest in a base model non-hybrid but I think you are saying that you believe that the NX300h may be obtainable for $44K
I'll guesstimate a base 2WD 300h is around 41-42K while the next model (package) up would add about 2K.

Looking at the available packages, you should be able to get standard equipment plus Premium Package for 43-44K.

Premium Package
 18-inch wheels and tires
 Electrochromic outside mirrors
 Heated/ventilated front seats
 Moonroof
 Upgraded DRLs and turn signals

Speculation of course, but my educated guess.
Old 10-07-14, 10:13 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

I'll guesstimate a base 2WD 300h is around 41-42K while the next model (package) up would add about 2K.

Looking at the available packages, you should be able to get standard equipment plus Premium Package for 43-44K.

Premium Package
 18-inch wheels and tires
 Electrochromic outside mirrors
 Heated/ventilated front seats
 Moonroof
 Upgraded DRLs and turn signals

Speculation of course, but my educated guess.
According to the Lexus Options sheet the NX will be optioned in a similar fashion to the ES. The heated/ventilated seats (047C) are included in the Luxury Package (LL) which also has the heated steering wheel (019F). One concern I have is that it does not look like NAVI is included in that package but rather will have to be added as an option. I have heard that the LED headlights are part of the base package in the NX so here is how I have it built ...so far:
LK - Lane Departire
LL - Luxury Package ( I don't really care about towing or th emoonroof that are components)
EH - GDO Mirror
NV- NAVI
OU - Outer mirror w/memory/tilt/heat
It should be interesting to see if this is anywhere NEAR our $44K target
Old 10-07-14, 10:38 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

According to the Lexus Options sheet the NX will be optioned in a similar fashion to the ES. The heated/ventilated seats (047C) are included in the Luxury Package (LL) which also has the heated steering wheel (019F). One concern I have is that it does not look like NAVI is included in that package but rather will have to be added as an option. I have heard that the LED headlights are part of the base package in the NX so here is how I have it built ...so far:
LK - Lane Departire
LL - Luxury Package ( I don't really care about towing or th emoonroof that are components)
EH - GDO Mirror
NV- NAVI
OU - Outer mirror w/memory/tilt/heat
It should be interesting to see if this is anywhere NEAR our $44K target
so you want fully optioned at $44k? Thats not going to happen tomorrow... maybe in a year or so.
Old 10-07-14, 12:59 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
so you want fully optioned at $44k? Thats not going to happen tomorrow... maybe in a year or so.
Those options on a ES300h are aroud $46K to $47K and there are discounts bringing that down to around $42K so yes. My objective is to get an NX for LESS than the RETAIL on an ES. Many have said it should be possible. I am skeptical. Just waiting to see what the "starting" price point will be for the Hybrid and what EXACTLY will come on it standard. Hybrids ES's have some of those parts as standard offerings which ehlps keep the "options" costs down.
Old 10-07-14, 01:28 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

One feature I noticed right away? Door lock sensors on all four handles. To reduce cost, neither the RX or the GX have them for rear passengers, and it's nice to see these handy sensors on every door.
One of my huge pet peeves against the CT, IS, RX, GX. Good job on the NX Lexus
It's probably safe to say if the NX has all four, the 4RX will also. And if it doesn't then major fail
Old 10-07-14, 03:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^I know, great convenience feature!

Bunka, my guess is 46-47k for what you want so you'll have to negotiate super well to get that below 44k if you're looking to purchase within the first few months from launch. I hope I'm wrong.

Another day has gone and no pricing yet. Hopefully at week's end. US pricing will also give us Canadians an indication of what we can expect, though after the RC's recent price release of 54k (4 series is 45k) I'm not so sure anymore on how crazy Lexus Canada can get on pricing the NX. In all fairness, for 54k, it's loaded with 19in wheels, Nav, BSM, RCTA, and so on.
Old 10-07-14, 10:00 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Bunka, my guess is 46-47k for what you want so you'll have to negotiate super well to get that below 44k if you're looking to purchase within the first few months from launch. I hope I'm wrong.
Interestingly enough, if the MSRP is $46,500, then the "new" Invoice is probably right around that $44K target. If these are as hot as some think that they will be, it would come down to a dealer being willing to do that discount to get the sale. Luckily, we have no pressing requirement to buy quickly as the real determing factor would be the sale of our current HiHy. Even then we could sell it and wait on an order as we have other transportation that can be used temporarily for a couple of months until the order came in.

Last edited by bunka; 10-07-14 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-08-14, 09:15 AM
lcneed
Driver

44K seems reasonable. The average price paid for the 2014 RX450H is under $47k here in So Cal.

Quick Reply: ClubLexus Review: NX200t F Sport