NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Pics of Your NX Right NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-15, 07:18 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Beautiful cars CorradoMR2 I would also like to know which car you like best ? I love the look of the IS as well, but because of reviews about noise and rough ride, I went with the NX. I did not test drive the IS however, because due to the winters here, I wanted more ground clearance. The only regret I have is not getting the Ultra Sonic Blue instead of Atomic Silver. While the AS is beautiful, the wow factor for the NX is the blue IMO...the next one shall be.
Does the new RX appeal to you ?
That's interesting that you mention that the IS has more noise and rough ride? I find that the NX is louder (road noise wise) and hits bumps harder than the IS. Honestly, when both cars are in "normal", I find the IS more comfortable to drive on a bumpy road. Even on sport+, the IS is smoother than my Camaro over bumps.
Old 06-22-15, 10:29 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
That's interesting that you mention that the IS has more noise and rough ride? I find that the NX is louder (road noise wise) and hits bumps harder than the IS. Honestly, when both cars are in "normal", I find the IS more comfortable to drive on a bumpy road. Even on sport+, the IS is smoother than my Camaro over bumps.
Glad to hear your comments about the IS. I am just going by what I've read LOL. I've never driven an IS...Consumer reports mentions that the IS is very bumpy and has road noise, and very little backseat room. I basically didn't try the IS because I thought NX would be better in snow and ground clearance. It will be on my future list to try out along with a new RX and GS.
Old 06-22-15, 02:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by D4V1D
VERY NICE!

Here's a question for you...I know that both possess different driving dynamics, but which is your favorite to drive daily? Has the "new" worn off the NX yet?
Tough one, honestly. Can I say both? When I want a smoother, more relaxed drive, I'll take the NX vs the IS for a more engaging drive.

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Beautiful cars CorradoMR2 I would also like to know which car you like best ? I love the look of the IS as well, but because of reviews about noise and rough ride, I went with the NX. I did not test drive the IS however, because due to the winters here, I wanted more ground clearance. The only regret I have is not getting the Ultra Sonic Blue instead of Atomic Silver. While the AS is beautiful, the wow factor for the NX is the blue IMO...the next one shall be.
Does the new RX appeal to you ?
Without going into a detailed comparison of each car, the stock IS 250 F Sport is firmer and more noisy than the NX (road and wind noise), but keep in mind my NX has AVS which makes the ride smoother than the past RX F Sport I had, especially in winter where the RX's dampers stiffened considerably. The IS is firm but not rough in an initial impact, yet under certain road imperfections, the IS' 6 inch longer wheelbase provides just as smooth a ride.

Yes, I do like the new RX, but at 192" long, it's too long for my tastes (and garage ) at this time.

From Noisy to Quiet Lexus I've owned:
1. CT
2. IS (08 and '14 similar)
3. '05 RX
4. '07 RXh
5. '13 RX + '15 NX (tied)
Old 06-22-15, 03:18 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mwl7698
Picked him up today from the tint shop. Had 45% put on the windshield, 18% on front doors, 70% on the rear doors and back hatch. Had the top blacked out with gloss black vinyl and the hood, front bumper, morrors and door cups wrapped with clear paint protection film.
Hey nice looking car...fellow Georgian here. Picked up my car from Hennessy last month.

I really like the blacked out top. I noticed it right away.

You said you put "70% tint on the rear". Is that right? In addition to what you had already?

Which tint shop did you use? I'm looking to get mine done in the next week or so before it gets really hot.
Old 06-22-15, 05:47 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Tough one, honestly. Can I say both? When I want a smoother, more relaxed drive, I'll take the NX vs the IS for a more engaging drive.

Without going into a detailed comparison of each car, the stock IS 250 F Sport is firmer and more noisy than the NX (road and wind noise), but keep in mind my NX has AVS which makes the ride smoother than the past RX F Sport I had, especially in winter where the RX's dampers stiffened considerably. The IS is firm but not rough in an initial impact, yet under certain road imperfections, the IS' 6 inch longer wheelbase provides just as smooth a ride.

Yes, I do like the new RX, but at 192" long, it's too long for my tastes (and garage ) at this time.

From Noisy to Quiet Lexus I've owned:
1. CT
2. IS (08 and '14 similar)
3. '05 RX
4. '07 RXh
5. '13 RX + '15 NX (tied)
Thanks for the info CorradoMR2 You are very much on target with what I have read in reviews...yes, the new RX is big...I'm thinking the extra length is going to make a difference with folks liking it. I have seen quite a few complaints in that regard already. It will be interesting to see....I've had several friends that currently have RX now to say that they are very disappointed at the size and look of the new RX, and are not interested, and that Lexus has made a mistake with the RX. Remains to be seen when the new one arrives I guess.
Old 06-22-15, 07:13 PM
mwl7698
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
Hey nice looking car...fellow Georgian here. Picked up my car from Hennessy last month.

I really like the blacked out top. I noticed it right away.

You said you put "70% tint on the rear". Is that right? In addition to what you had already?

Which tint shop did you use? I'm looking to get mine done in the next week or so before it gets really hot.
Thanks!

Yes. I had 70% placed over the manufacturers privacy glass to provide the UV and heat regection benefits of window film and to get all the windows to match. The shop i had mine done at is Tint World in Roswell, GA off of Holcomb Bridge Rd. They do a great job. I highly recommend.
Old 06-25-15, 05:09 AM
leej865
Driver

I thought this was a 'Pics' thread...
Old 06-25-15, 08:48 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leej865
I thought this was a 'Pics' thread...
Debbie downer
Old 06-25-15, 09:07 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Debbie downer
Be nice, Swacie. And "Debbie" is not his drag name anyway.
Old 06-25-15, 09:12 AM
leej865
Driver

Debbie downer
If the shoe fits...it was starting to sound like another 'Swacie eviscerates the NX' thread...
Old 06-25-15, 09:32 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leej865
If the shoe fits...it was starting to sound like another 'Swacie eviscerates the NX' thread...
Oh, I can see you from here
Old 06-25-15, 11:10 AM
mwl7698
Driver

Pics! Got Pegasus back today after a paint chip repair on the rear lift gate.

Old 06-25-15, 11:23 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I'm curious, what did they do for a paint chip repair?
Old 06-25-15, 11:52 AM
mwl7698
Driver

I'm curious, what did they do for a paint chip repair?
Basically repainted the area inside where the tag is displayed. I found a chip in the paint to the left of the tag frame on the day I took delivery.
Old 06-25-15, 01:20 PM
ClaudeNX
Rookie

Had fun today, trying out the all wheel drive system, and yes it works

Quick Reply: Pics of Your NX Right NOW!