NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-17, 12:55 AM
cnnngbd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. Newbee here. I got an offer for 6.4k off a 2016 fsport. Is that a good deal? Also I'm worried if it's a demo car since it has 140 miles already.
Any thoughts?
Old 01-08-17, 07:17 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

It sounds like a good deal to me. I wouldn't worry about 140 miles. It sounds like a few people have driven it but that's not nearly enough miles to have been solely used as a demo. 140 miles is nothing.
Old 01-08-17, 08:59 AM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cnnngbd
Hi guys. Newbee here. I got an offer for 6.4k off a 2016 fsport. Is that a good deal? Also I'm worried if it's a demo car since it has 140 miles already.
Any thoughts?
I don't know where you are located but shop around, you can definitely get more off. I got them down $10k on a 2016 with 7 miles on it. Shoot me an inbox with your cell number and I will send you what the delivery sent me. You can always use it to haggle down. With 140 miles they probably used it as a test drive vehicle. Long term effects? probably absolutely none... Haggling verbiage? This car has been constantly cold started and thrown in to drive, typically beat on during test drives, nothing broken in properly, all before the vehicle ever even hit operating temps.

Something to think about... Vehicles are relatively cheap to ship now a days with sites like uShip. You can always buy something that is 500-1000 miles away for the right price and get it ships for $500-1000. If you're willing to haggle, put the time in and maybe do a little driving or pay for shipping you can save $3,4... maybe even $5k more.
Old 01-08-17, 10:02 AM
cnnngbd
Driver School Candidate

Thank u for your detailed reply. Pm sent.
Originally Posted by DrDuct
I don't know where you are located but shop around, you can definitely get more off. I got them down $10k on a 2016 with 7 miles on it. Shoot me an inbox with your cell number and I will send you what the delivery sent me. You can always use it to haggle down. With 140 miles they probably used it as a test drive vehicle. Long term effects? probably absolutely none... Haggling verbiage? This car has been constantly cold started and thrown in to drive, typically beat on during test drives, nothing broken in properly, all before the vehicle ever even hit operating temps.

Something to think about... Vehicles are relatively cheap to ship now a days with sites like uShip. You can always buy something that is 500-1000 miles away for the right price and get it ships for $500-1000. If you're willing to haggle, put the time in and maybe do a little driving or pay for shipping you can save $3,4... maybe even $5k more.
Old 01-09-17, 06:00 PM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

I've gotten a bunch of private messages about this so i'm going to post a response here...

Use cars.com, Autotrader and Carguru. Search the options you want, narrow it to 2016 and then sort it with miles lowest first. Call all of them that have what you want. Tell them you're calling every dealer and you are going to call back the ones with the best pricing and go from there.

I probably called 6-7 dealers. Got it down to 4 and let them work against each other. It helps when they all have the same options, etc. because there is nothing to hassle over other than the best price. If one has an additional option tell them you don't really care about it, thats not something you were considering. If they are missing an option that another has, tell them you were really hoping for that missing option. It will work on some and not the other. Truth be told, most people at dealerships are not typically good sales people. Most people go in and pay what the dealer wants and think a good deal is saving $1000 off MSRP. Remember, things are only worth what people are willing to pay... and the fact that they have a 2016 still on the lot means they don't have buyers lining up for them... So you are the value to the equation, not the other way around.
Keep in mind this is for a 2016. I bought mine from Logan at Lexus of Knoxville but don't think they have anymore. Not sure what kind of deal he can make you but he was great to work with and very easy, honest and straight forward. No funny games at all with this dealer.
Old 01-09-17, 06:38 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts

Amazing, I don't know anyone who ever got 25% discount on any new car, regardless of brand/model. Amazing. That has to be less than the factory cost to distributor.
Old 01-09-17, 07:56 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I found this hard to to believe...almost 25% off the msrp. 10k off on an LS is doable.

congrats on the purchase is you can score that deal.
Old 01-09-17, 08:55 PM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I found this hard to to believe...almost 25% off the msrp. 10k off on an LS is doable.

congrats on the purchase is you can score that deal.
Understandable. This is the biggest percentage I have gotten off on a car. However, I got almost 20% off on my wifes CT F Sport and close to 20% on other vehicles (not all). Again, The average person doesn't haggle much or doesn't haggle well.

It's all about finding nearly identical cars and making the dealers bid them out. This isn't going down to the local dealer and sitting in the chair. This is calling 10 dealers and telling them exactly what you're doing... Buying a car from whoever gives you the best deal.

Original Deal Worksheet

Untitled by Chris Mossburg, on Flickr

Final Deal Worksheet

Option Sheet

Old 01-10-17, 03:31 PM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

Just talked to my sales guy. He said they have three 2016s left. Two atomic silver and a black one.

Logan @ Lexus of Knoxville. Tell him Chris from Maryland sent you.
Old 01-10-17, 07:24 PM
milgauss
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DrDuct;9733174]Just talked to my sales guy. He said they have three 2016s left. Two atomic silver and a black one.

seems like most of them are fwd. good for folks that don't get a lot of snow.
Old 01-11-17, 06:50 PM
DrDuct
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=milgauss;9733478]
Just talked to my sales guy. He said they have three 2016s left. Two atomic silver and a black one.

seems like most of them are fwd. good for folks that don't get a lot of snow.
This is correct. I opted for FWD because my wife is commuting about 80 miles a day... thats extra 2 mpg add's up over time. She's a teacher so if there is any real accumulation she doesn't go in to work. I have snow/ice tires on my winter wheels for my X5M. That things a beast in the snow. When we got the 36" last year I was in deep creek and had no trouble plowing through the snow.
Old 01-11-17, 08:22 PM
milgauss
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DrDuct;9734684]
Originally Posted by milgauss

This is correct. I opted for FWD because my wife is commuting about 80 miles a day... thats extra 2 mpg add's up over time. She's a teacher so if there is any real accumulation she doesn't go in to work. I have snow/ice tires on my winter wheels for my X5M. That things a beast in the snow. When we got the 36" last year I was in deep creek and had no trouble plowing through the snow.
yeah the E70 X5's handles well in the snow. My X5 is a daily beater but can't wait for winter to be over so I can take my M3 out of hibernation. I prefer awd's mainly for the handling as my wife is a spirited driver. She also commutes about 100 miles a day.
Old 01-25-17, 12:45 AM
tanchin
Driver School Candidate

Hi all... finally got a silver 2017 nx200t fwd with premium package , comfort package, power back door, led headlamps w/o auto high beam, intuitive parking assist with msrp of 40939. They gave me 3k off the msrp plus they closed out 2.5k negative equity on my trade in (2016 Honda Accord) so that with my tax savings I actually got positive on my trade in. It was $41888 out of the door with all taxes (7.85% in AZ), titles and registration and doc fees. How did I do?!

PS. the dealer downloaded gpsscout on my phone and helped install it on the car so that I now also have navigation via my phone on the cars screen. That was pretty cool since I saved 2k on the navigation package and didn't have to get the remote touch interface which I thought was useless.
Old 01-27-17, 11:50 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

traded in my 06 is250 awd w/115k miles for 17 nx fsport. sticker 46k, otd 39 and I didnt haggle...well asked for a couple keyfobs. thought it was fair, gave me 8k for a car I thought was worth 5k.
Old 01-29-17, 05:05 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Folks

Just registered. So a newbie.

Been on this board for a couple of months tracking prices. Been following DrDuct's very informative posts on pricing.

Been shopping for a 2016 NX FSport AWD. Very few left on the East Coast. I'm in Richmond.

Trying to get a deal as it is the end of Jan. Dealers are not budging on the price. THe lowest I've gotten so far is 6.5k off MSRP. I guess the additional December lexus incentives have fallen off. (as per logan at lexus of Knoxville)

Torii- that's an awesome price on a 17.
Would you go a bit into the specifcs about the options on the vehicle please. 39k out of the door is exceptional. Taxes alone should run about 1.5k IMO.

Would definitely appreciate any further details you can post as DrDuct did above.

Thanks

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease