NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-17, 12:27 AM
msingh13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nx 200T F Sport - Did we get a good deal?

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a NX200t F Sport. I feel like I was able to negotiate very easily with the dealership and I'm curious if we got a good deal.

MSRP: $45,933
Price: $41,000
Incentives: $2,000 and 1.9% APR bringing price down to $39,000 and 1.9% APR
Total out the door price: ~$44,400

What do you think?
Old 07-15-17, 04:59 PM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by msingh13
Hi everyone,

Just purchased a NX200t F Sport. I feel like I was able to negotiate very easily with the dealership and I'm curious if we got a good deal.

MSRP: $45,933
Price: $41,000
Incentives: $2,000 and 1.9% APR bringing price down to $39,000 and 1.9% APR
Total out the door price: ~$44,400

What do you think?
so $5400 in taxes and fees?

That seems like a lot.
Old 07-15-17, 06:00 PM
msingh13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by screen
so $5400 in taxes and fees?

That seems like a lot.
It was 42,400 with the incentives. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-16-17, 01:46 AM
mrtrance
Driver

The first quote I got from one dealer so far is $5K discount (before $2K leas cash incentive) off an F-sport with MSRP of $45583. This was their initial number when I sent email for quote. So I'm assuming there is still room to get more discount. The sales rep also mentioned in his email that if I came in he could do better on the price. Right now I'm hoping to get at least a $6K discount (before incentives) on one of these F-sport models in this price range.
Old 07-17-17, 03:22 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by rx300s415
Have been lurking around on here a bunch and learned a lot of info. Haven't been on this forum since we sold our 2001 RX300 back in 2009 (went 200k miles then tranny started crappin out). We just bought a gorgeous Nebula Gray 2017 NX200T F-Sport in FWD. wanted to share some of my negotiations/deals to pay the favor forward. To help establish a baseline for price, I live in San Francisco. MSRP was $44,678.

Negotiated a 2017 F Sport NX200T (FWD) with: premium package, navigation, parking sensors, illuminated door sills, heated steering wheel, power rear lift gate, all season floor mats and all season trunk cargo mat.

For purchase I got it down to: $38,300 (before taxes/fees).

We decided to lease instead and got $1000 down and $480/month (inclusive of all taxes and fees) for 36 months and 10k miles/year.
Which dealership was this?
Old 07-19-17, 02:17 PM
wheelson8
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,
I just got a quote for a dealer. 2017 200t AWD with luxury package. MSRP 48,227 with a selling price of 45,000. How's this sound? Would love to join the Lexus NX community but only if the price is right.
Additionally, does the NX come in halogen lights because on the spec sheet, I see an option for "LED Headlamps without auto high beam" with a cost of 1,160 and I don't see this option on the lexus website when trying to build a new NX.
Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-19-17, 03:35 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

When I bought 2016 NX FSPORT, triple led headlamps was very difficult to find.
Dealer found one in transit. Therefore had to settle on silver lining and AWD, which I had no need for.
Triple beam is worth every cent if you can find it.
Looks great with beautiful grill.
Old 07-19-17, 04:08 PM
SteveInNY
Driver School Candidate

went to buy, but ended up leasing instead, as the payments were cheaper monthly and we could just buy it out end of lease. Also really liked the RX, so after 3 years, we might end up getting an RX instead depending on how everything turns out. Totally new to leasing, but can you tell me how my deal went?

2017 NXFsport $48,608 MSRP, pretty optioned out.

$825 at signing, $549/month 36months, $28k buy out. And here's a pic.

Old 07-20-17, 12:24 AM
MissEllie
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelson8
Hi all,
I just got a quote for a dealer. 2017 200t AWD with luxury package. MSRP 48,227 with a selling price of 45,000. How's this sound? Would love to join the Lexus NX community but only if the price is right.
Additionally, does the NX come in halogen lights because on the spec sheet, I see an option for "LED Headlamps without auto high beam" with a cost of 1,160 and I don't see this option on the lexus website when trying to build a new NX.
Thanks in advance!!
I recently bought the same car with the exact MSRP. I had them add mudguards which took the price to $48,382. Total paid was $46,000, which included taxes, admin fees, tags, and transportation fees (they had to travel to another state to get it). It does have the LED headlights, which I love.
Old 07-20-17, 02:34 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys

Not sure whats up with the NX pricing. There should be more discounts if Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett is sending out emails for $30,900 on an NX with an MSRP of 36,863.

That's approximately about 6,000 off. This was on the 7th of july.
As july ends there should be better deals.
Old 07-20-17, 06:47 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,015 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelson8
Hi all,
Originally Posted by MissEllie
I recently bought the same car with the exact MSRP. I had them add mudguards which took the price to $48,382. Total paid was $46,000, which included taxes, admin fees, tags, and transportation fees (they had to travel to another state to get it). It does have the LED headlights, which I love.
Originally Posted by screen
Guys

Not sure whats up with the NX pricing. There should be more discounts if Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett is sending out emails for $30,900 on an NX with an MSRP of 36,863.

That's approximately about 6,000 off. This was on the 7th of july.
As july ends there should be better deals.
Note that the vehicles in the first two posts that I quoted above are NX Luxury Package vehicles with the Lexus Safety Package.

I've been considering buying an NX for several months, but I would only want one if it had the Luxury Package and the Safety Package. What I've found is that NXs equipped with the Luxury Package and Safety Package are quite rare.

I've been regularly checking the inventories of the 10-12 dealers within 200 miles of me. Those inventories have had large numbers of the NX with the Premium Package and large numbers of F-Sport NXs, but most of the dealers don't have any NXs with the Luxury Package and the Safety Package at all. The few dealers that might have a Luxury Package plus Safety Package NX likely had to special order it because such vehicles have not been coming in the normal deliveries from Lexus.

That is why, while people may be getting $6000+ discounts on a Premium Package NX or an F-Sport NX, they are not likely to be getting the same kind of offers on an NX with the Luxury Package and Safety Package. The few dealers that might have such a vehicle know that there aren't many around, and they are likely to be holding out for a higher profit margin on them. If they still have them in their inventories when the 2018s start to be delivered, I'd expect that they might be offering bigger discounts on them.
Old 07-20-17, 12:02 PM
MissEllie
Driver School Candidate

The luxury package in AWD was harder to acquire, especially here in the south. My dealer had to drive over 330 miles to pick it up. As I stated earlier, the MSRP was $48,382 and we negotiated for almost 2 weeks, finally down to $43,946 (discounted $4,436) + taxes, etc. I also worked with another dealer in a nearby city but my local dealer still offered the best deal.

Just for reference, I purchased the NX early in June.

Last edited by MissEllie; 07-20-17 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-20-17, 01:21 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,015 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by MissEllie
The luxury package in AWD was harder to acquire, especially here in the south. My dealer had to drive over 330 miles to pick it up. As I stated earlier, the MSRP was $48,382 and we negotiated for almost 2 weeks, finally down to $43,946 (discounted $4,436) + taxes, etc. I also worked with another dealer in a nearby city but my local dealer still offered the best deal.

Just for reference, I purchased the NX early in June.
That is what has stopped me from pulling the trigger on an NX purchase. While I'm willing to pay the approximately $4000 more that the MSRP on an NX with the Luxury and Safety Packages over what the MSRP of an NX with the Premium Package would be, I'm not willing to pay, because of the lower level of discounting on the Luxury Package NX, $6000 more for an NX with the Luxury and Safety Packages than what I might pay for a Premium Package NX, and, with how rare NXs with the Luxury Package are, the dealers seem to want to hold them until they can find a buyer willing to buy even with the lower level of discounting.

What I've wondered about is why Lexus builds so few of the NX with the Luxury Package. A sales manager at one dealership did explain to me that, when a Luxury Package NX gets up to an MSRP of $48000 or more, buyers start to think about buying an RX, and with significantly bigger discounts available on the RX than with the Luxury Package NX, a nicely equipped RX can be bought for not that much more than a Luxury Package NX.
Old 07-20-17, 03:11 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Note that the vehicles in the first two posts that I quoted above are NX Luxury Package vehicles with the Lexus Safety Package.

I've been considering buying an NX for several months, but I would only want one if it had the Luxury Package and the Safety Package. What I've found is that NXs equipped with the Luxury Package and Safety Package are quite rare.

I've been regularly checking the inventories of the 10-12 dealers within 200 miles of me. Those inventories have had large numbers of the NX with the Premium Package and large numbers of F-Sport NXs, but most of the dealers don't have any NXs with the Luxury Package and the Safety Package at all. The few dealers that might have a Luxury Package plus Safety Package NX likely had to special order it because such vehicles have not been coming in the normal deliveries from Lexus.

That is why, while people may be getting $6000+ discounts on a Premium Package NX or an F-Sport NX, they are not likely to be getting the same kind of offers on an NX with the Luxury Package and Safety Package. The few dealers that might have such a vehicle know that there aren't many around, and they are likely to be holding out for a higher profit margin on them. If they still have them in their inventories when the 2018s start to be delivered, I'd expect that they might be offering bigger discounts on them.
Lesz is exactly right about the shortage of the fully loaded NX with Luxury and Safety Packages. That was also my experience when shopping the entire market. I got lucky to find a CPO AWD NX200t that had Luxury, Premium, NAV, PCS, etc. with some miles on it (trade-in) for a great price. I couldn't find a model with the LDA feature. It was very difficult to find a dealer with loaded models with safety packages that was new or nearly new that wasn't asking a premium for it. Most were 38k to 39k and I got mine for $35,750 with 40k miles. I expected there to be more models available by now with the entire safety set, but 2018 model may have them standard like so many other car brands do now.

Last edited by jimbug; 07-20-17 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-20-17, 08:10 PM
MissEllie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lesz
That is what has stopped me from pulling the trigger on an NX purchase. While I'm willing to pay the approximately $4000 more that the MSRP on an NX with the Luxury and Safety Packages over what the MSRP of an NX with the Premium Package would be, I'm not willing to pay, because of the lower level of discounting on the Luxury Package NX, $6000 more for an NX with the Luxury and Safety Packages than what I might pay for a Premium Package NX, and, with how rare NXs with the Luxury Package are, the dealers seem to want to hold them until they can find a buyer willing to buy even with the lower level of discounting.

What I've wondered about is why Lexus builds so few of the NX with the Luxury Package. A sales manager at one dealership did explain to me that, when a Luxury Package NX gets up to an MSRP of $48000 or more, buyers start to think about buying an RX, and with significantly bigger discounts available on the RX than with the Luxury Package NX, a nicely equipped RX can be bought for not that much more than a Luxury Package NX.
I clearly understand your point and don't blame you for waiting. It was more than I wanted to spend but I like the size of the NX. I already have an older RX that I simply can't part with, it was a special order in 1999 and it just passed the 97,000 mile mark. When I have to drive people around, I take the RX, it has a much softer, quiet ride. My sales guy told me if I chose a similarly equipped RX, it would be $10,000 more. I didn't price one so I'm not sure if his math was correct.

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease