NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX price paid/ Lease

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-18, 06:31 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by utrocket29
This is close to the 1% MSRP rule. I had been negotiating with BMW and Audi dealers around the midwest and east coast for X3 and Q5s. The money factor is so much higher on BMW/Audi vs Lexus.

We liked the NX and this is our first lease ever, so here is where I got. I was initially quoted $551/month $0 sign and drive.

I got them down to:

2019 Lexus NX F Sport AWD, Obsidian exterior, circuit red interior
MSRP: $48,457
Selling Price: $41,439.72 (including $2500 in rebates)
36 month, 12k miles per year (57% residual)

Ohio here, tax rate of 7.25%. Tax is due on leased portion of vehicle upfront here in Ohio.

Lease: $495/month sign and drive. $495 due at signing for the first month payment. All other fees rolled in. 36 months, 12k miles per year

I told them I didn’t care what money factor, residual etc they used. I only cared about the monthly payment. (the money factor was 0.00055 though)

Is this a good deal for an NX? I was initially quoted $551/month - $613/month from several dealers.

I could not get a BMW X3 (navigation, convenience package) or an Audi Q5 premium plus (nav) for less than $600/month. With very similar MSRPs. The residual of BMW is higher than Lexus, but the money factor on the BMW and Audi was 3-4x higher.

Please let me know what you think. Very good at negotiating here as a real estate agent. My local Lexus dealer agreed to match the $495 but claim they would be taking a $1900 loss on the vehicle and making it up on volume. Does anyone believe that? Doesn’t Lexus give them the rebate money back? Not that $4600 off MSRP isn’t a lot (almost 10%) but...

Thank you everyone. Totally appreciate all the comments on other posts, they were super helpful to learn about leasing.
your main focus should be discount off the MSRP and not the monthly payment. dealers will always try to trick people into a certain monthly payment. focus on the discount that you are getting and make sure that you are getting base MF and none of the fees are marked up. also you can put 6 MSDs and lower your monthly payment by 30 bucks or so. your monthly payment should definitely start with 4, even the 495 may be a bit too high but you can lower it to 460 with MSDs. I think if you can get to 450 with nothing down you will be getting a good deal assuming the tax is included into the 450.
Old 10-15-18, 08:52 AM
samich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy my first Lexus. Local dealer has one 2018 NX300 left on the lot. MSRP is $45,375 and he's offering me $42,141.01 OTD (no trade, no financing, new plates, tax rate is 7%).

Your thoughts?

Options listed:
  • COLD AREA PACKAGE
  • ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR
  • HEATED LEATHER STEERING WHEEL W/PADDLE
  • NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE
  • PARKING ASSIST
  • POWER BACK DOOR W/KICK SENSOR
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR
Old 10-15-18, 12:34 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by samich
I'm looking to buy my first Lexus. Local dealer has one 2018 NX300 left on the lot. MSRP is $45,375 and he's offering me $42,141.01 OTD (no trade, no financing, new plates, tax rate is 7%).

Your thoughts?

Options listed:
  • COLD AREA PACKAGE
  • PARKING ASSIST
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR
I have no idea what is included in your OTD price. you need to know your MSRP and discount you are getting off the MSRP. separately consider what incentives are available for purchase and for leasing. how much are they charging you for acquisition and doc fee? make sure that none of these are marked up. also, even if you think you are buying it straight you may find out it is more beneficial to lease it first and then buy it at the end of the lease. rates are so low right now that by leasing first with 6 MSDs you can effectively get interest free financing for 3 years and invest your money in the meantime. you can still buy it at the end of the lease if the RV is lower or equal to the market value. if your RV ends up higher than the market then you will be thankful that you leased.
Old 10-16-18, 11:47 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by samich

Your thoughts?

Options listed:
  • COLD AREA PACKAGE
  • PARKING ASSIST
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR
Assuming the tax is included in the OD price, the sale price of the vehicle would be $39,384. This translates to 13% off MSRP. Based upon what others have said they've been quoted, 10% off MSRP seems to be a reasonable target, and you've beat that.
Old 10-16-18, 11:59 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cezar9
I have no idea what is included in your OTD price. you need to know your MSRP and discount you are getting off the MSRP. separately consider what incentives are available for purchase and for leasing. how much are they charging you for acquisition and doc fee? make sure that none of these are marked up. also, even if you think you are buying it straight you may find out it is more beneficial to lease it first and then buy it at the end of the lease. rates are so low right now that by leasing first with 6 MSDs you can effectively get interest free financing for 3 years and invest your money in the meantime. you can still buy it at the end of the lease if the RV is lower or equal to the market value. if your RV ends up higher than the market then you will be thankful that you leased.
I agree. It's always worth checking out both ways toward the purchase of a car: lease and then pay the residual vs. making a down payment and financing. I leased a car once because both ways (four-year lease vs. four years of financing) worked out to be the same. It turns out that, for a variety of reasons, I decided not to keep the car at the end of the lease. While I might not have broken even according to my calculations at the beginning of the lease, I was close, and it was nice to not have to worry about trying to sell a used car.
Old 10-16-18, 10:13 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by fredw1
Assuming the tax is included in the OD price, the sale price of the vehicle would be $39,384. This translates to 13% off MSRP. Based upon what others have said they've been quoted, 10% off MSRP seems to be a reasonable target, and you've beat that.
you need to back out any incentives to see the true discount. I would be aiming for at least 13% before any Lexus cash.
Old 10-17-18, 07:09 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cezar9

you need to back out any incentives to see the true discount. I would be aiming for at least 13% before any Lexus cash.
Agree. Any Lexus incentives should be removed in that calculation. I think that 13% before incentives might be a bit high. I'd be curious to hear from people who have ended up with 13% off MSRP without incentives included.
Old 10-17-18, 10:21 AM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by fredw1
Agree. Any Lexus incentives should be removed in that calculation. I think that 13% before incentives might be a bit high. I'd be curious to hear from people who have ended up with 13% off MSRP without incentives included.
Based on my personal experience I think it should be doable on a 2018. I was offered an even better discount on a 2019 model which in theory should be harder to do.
Old 10-19-18, 02:34 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My aunt is looking at buying new NX (base model) in Los Angeles. The dealer offered $39K OTD. Is that a good deal?

Edwin
Old 10-19-18, 04:32 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by m32
My aunt is looking at buying new NX (base model) in Los Angeles. The dealer offered $39K OTD. Is that a good deal?

Edwin
no clue. you have to provide a lot more info because people don't know your MSRP and sales price before tax and fees.
Old 10-19-18, 04:45 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the basic of the basic... NX with extra no options. MSRP is $37.180... for $39K out the door.
Old 10-19-18, 06:45 PM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m32
It's the basic of the basic... NX with extra no options. MSRP is $37.180... for $39K out the door.
That's list price!!!!
Old 10-19-18, 08:10 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by screen
That's list price!!!!
i was going to say the same thing. I don’t see any discount. If you want pm me and I can give you the number of someone who can give you fair deal in the LA area. Either way you need to be very clear on the MSRP and discount you are getting. Are you buying or leasing? Most dealers are vultures and if they sense that you are not an educated buyer they will take advantage of you.
Old 10-22-18, 08:36 AM
Tiger833
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, it's time to replace my wife's old RX and we are looking to buy a NX. I have been reading through these forums and have been trying to formulate my approach to dealers. After looking through a few sales prices, I do have a question. When evaluating a deal, should I be looking at 10% off of the msrp before all incentives (I am unsure if the dealer fees and taxes should be considered as well) are applied or should the total out the door price be 10% off msrp?
Old 10-22-18, 01:54 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by Tiger833
Hey all, it's time to replace my wife's old RX and we are looking to buy a NX. I have been reading through these forums and have been trying to formulate my approach to dealers. After looking through a few sales prices, I do have a question. When evaluating a deal, should I be looking at 10% off of the msrp before all incentives (I am unsure if the dealer fees and taxes should be considered as well) are applied or should the total out the door price be 10% off msrp?
you should be looking at % off the MSRP before any rebates, taxes, and fees. this is the cleanest way to negotiate. some sneaky dealers will try to focus your attention on the monthly payment and cloud your judgement but you should be laser focused on the discount you are getting. also make sure that they don't markup some of the fees or MF to offset the discount.
The following users liked this post:
Tiger833 (11-20-18)

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease