Vehicle Base Model: $39.3k
  • Optional Equipment: $7.1k
  • Delivery: $1,025
  • Total MSRP: $47.4k
  • Negotiated Discount: -$5.4k
  • SubTotal: $42.0k
  • Lexus Cash: -$1.5k
Total: $40.5k*
*Plus Tax + $200 in "fees" (Registration, State Inspection, Tire Waste, etc.)

That's ~15% below MSRP. How'd I do?
Old 02-11-20, 04:34 PM
user 5976864
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Leased a 2020 NX300 AWD F Sport. St. Louis area. MSRP was $44,500.

3 years/12k @ $556/month. $0 down and the dealer paid the first payment.
Old 02-25-20, 01:18 PM
MBLexus215
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently negotiating with a local dealership and have this offer on the table for a 2020 NX300H

. MSRP: $48,171
. Doc Fee: $389
. Non Tax Fees: $177.97
* with a dealer discount of $7,171 (no rebate included in this) So the Sales price not including fees, taxes and any sort of rebate would be an even $41,000.00

Thoughts?
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (02-25-20)
Old 02-25-20, 04:59 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I remember getting close to 10k off back in 2017 WITH my lexus trade in. some of you posting awesome deals imo.
Old 04-09-20, 06:11 AM
cycle4920
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got this lease negotiated, getting the car today.
NX 300h - with nav
MSRP $47,853
36 mo lease, 12k miles, 3k down, $504/mo
Lease factor .00075, lease end value $26,798

Purchase price was 41,900 plus 600 dealer fees (profit) and taxes.
Old 05-09-20, 01:01 PM
SSHARMAATL
Driver School Candidate

Default Lease Offer

After quite a bit of negotiating, I've landed on this proposed deal. Will likely sign on Monday, and might do 2 MSDs to bring price to the ideal $425 with 0 down at signing that I was aiming for. It's a pretty loaded F-Sport, with Premium Package, Nav, Surround view camera, kick to open tailgate, electrochromatic rearview mirror, park assist, and the accessory package 2.

Any feedback?

LexNYC83 (05-10-20)
Old 05-10-20, 08:19 AM
bdwpac81
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Lease terms

I negotiated this 36 month lease on a 2020 NX 300H with MSRP of $47,292 on 4/11/2020. I have a long commute for work and so mileage allowance is 18,000 per year or 54,000 total. Negotiated price is $41,960. Total monthly payment is $592 with residual value of $23,737. No money down. This forum was helpful to me and so I hope this information can be useful for others considering a lease or purchase.
Old 05-11-20, 04:45 PM
lilmamaben
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this deal: 2020 NX 300

MSRP: $41,593.00
Discount: $2905.00
Rebate: $2750.00

Residual value of :54%
Money factor of : 0.00065

Monthly payment for 36 months with 12k ($1,500 down) = $447.
Old 05-11-20, 09:07 PM
SSHARMAATL
Driver School Candidate

Doesn't seem like a great deal. See my deal posted a few posts above. MSRP of 47K led to a $434 p/month payment with $0 due at signing. I would aim for a 12-13% discount, especially given the current economic outlook. Most dealers have furloughed salespeople and very much need to make some money.
Old 05-13-20, 05:08 PM
TesaJ
Driver School Candidate

Default Please help...

Originally Posted by SSHARMAATL
After quite a bit of negotiating, I've landed on this proposed deal. Will likely sign on Monday, and might do 2 MSDs to bring price to the ideal $425 with 0 down at signing that I was aiming for. It's a pretty loaded F-Sport, with Premium Package, Nav, Surround view camera, kick to open tailgate, electrochromatic rearview mirror, park assist, and the accessory package 2.

Any feedback?

Hi SSHARMAATL,

Your deal looks really good. Your picture helped me to understand the break down a bit more.
I am hoping to purchase a NX (MSRP $44493). I will be qualified for the $2000 Lexus cash and the recent graduate rebate $1000.

This is my first time purchasing a car by myself, and I’m trying to understand what I can do to get a reasonable, or preferrably, a good deal. I have heard that if the OTD is about your MSRP, it’s a fair deal. So I’m wondering in this pandemic situation now, is it fair to expect a 12% off the MSRP as the OTD?

I’m in California btw. I don’t know if my zip code matters when it comes to car purchasing.

Thank you.

TJ

Old 05-13-20, 06:13 PM
SSHARMAATL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TesaJ
Hi SSHARMAATL,

Your deal looks really good. Your picture helped me to understand the break down a bit more.
I am hoping to purchase a NX (MSRP $44493). I will be qualified for the $2000 Lexus cash and the recent graduate rebate $1000.

This is my first time purchasing a car by myself, and I’m trying to understand what I can do to get a reasonable, or preferrably, a good deal. I have heard that if the OTD is about your MSRP, it’s a fair deal. So I’m wondering in this pandemic situation now, is it fair to expect a 12% off the MSRP as the OTD?

I’m in California btw. I don’t know if my zip code matters when it comes to car purchasing.

Thank you.

TJ
I think it's entirely fair to expect 12%. You need to go over to Leasehackr and see the discounts off MSRP that people are getting for the NX in your area. Also, that percentage discount should be pre-incentive. Your dealer will try to give you 12% and include your Lexus cash and grad discount as part of that. Don't let them do that. Ask for 12% (or whatever your area's amount seems to be) PLUS incentives.

Also make sure you know your credit right off the bat. Lexus pulls Experian first, so I'd make sure to check MyFico for your Experian Auto score.

Finally, you should only go to the dealer two times. The first time you go is to test drive and check out the vehicle, and then ask them for a sheet (like the one I posted) that has their initial offer and discount. Thank them, and go home. From then on, everything should be done over email/text. Reach out to at least one other Lexus dealer and make them compete against each other. Once you have numbers you're comfortable with, tell them to draw up the papers and you can then go in for the credit check/finance finalization.

Old 05-13-20, 06:31 PM
TesaJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSHARMAATL
I think it's entirely fair to expect 12%. You need to go over to Leasehackr and see the discounts off MSRP that people are getting for the NX in your area. Also, that percentage discount should be pre-incentive. Your dealer will try to give you 12% and include your Lexus cash and grad discount as part of that. Don't let them do that. Ask for 12% (or whatever your area's amount seems to be) PLUS incentives.

Also make sure you know your credit right off the bat. Lexus pulls Experian first, so I'd make sure to check MyFico for your Experian Auto score.

Finally, you should only go to the dealer two times. The first time you go is to test drive and check out the vehicle, and then ask them for a sheet (like the one I posted) that has their initial offer and discount. Thank them, and go home. From then on, everything should be done over email/text. Reach out to at least one other Lexus dealer and make them compete against each other. Once you have numbers you're comfortable with, tell them to draw up the papers and you can then go in for the credit check/finance finalization.
Thank you for the reply and being so helpful.
Old 05-28-20, 10:54 AM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TesaJ
Hi SSHARMAATL,

Thank you.

TJ
Hi TesaJ, Keep Me updated about your final price if possible I am also in CA, Bay area. very curious how the price look during this difficult time. But compare dealers for sure helps a lot.
Old 05-28-20, 11:26 AM
TesaJ
Driver School Candidate

Default My price

Originally Posted by zkl2003
Hi TesaJ, Keep Me updated about your final price if possible I am also in CA, Bay area. very curious how the price look during this difficult time. But compare dealers for sure helps a lot.
Hi,
I got really lucky with my car. I contacted about 4 dealerships and 3 of them wouldn’t budge with the price since they are still selling cars fast and easy. The dealership that I ended up purchasing the car from gave me ~15% off of the MSRP. My original offer was too low for all of them. But I’m happy with the OTD price.

I hope this helps.

And thanks to SSHARMAATL for giving me some tips.

Last edited by TesaJ; 05-28-20 at 11:29 AM.
SSHARMAATL (06-02-20)
Old 06-07-20, 04:06 PM
am7045
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2020 NX300 White Pearl, Red Interior fWD
My 16-year old Toyota Matrix is dying and it is time to buy a new car. Since wife also interested in getting a new car so I ended up let her by first and I drive her Accord for the time being. I did a lot of research last month on Edmuds, KBB, Auto Traders, TruCars and identified the following are necessary:

Exterior: White Pearl, Interior: Red; AWD, Premium package, Parking assist, power backdoor, and illuminated door sills (she thinks it is cool).

I contacted several Lexus dealerships in Los Angeles area; both Longo and Glendale said no test drive is available due to COVID19 unless I made an offer first which I found it ridiculous. Acura, Audi, and Hyundai didn’t require that. We ended up test drove the car at 4 dealerships. Wife likes the look but she didn’t like the under-powered engine and rather noisy at acceleration compared to her 272-hp Accord V6 or the 275 hp Acura RDX. Again, the look supersedes everything so I complied and made an offered to Cerritos Lexus $43,000 (based on Edmunds TMV) OTD not knowing that I can only get $2K incentive or 0% but not both. Dealership returned $46K OTD and I sat on the offer for several days and the car was gone.

I searched Edmunds again and realized there is only 1 extact car in Chandler, AZ. I asked around and only 1 dealership (South County Lexus) in LA and Orange County agreed to help but the delivery cost was $1.2K from AZ to CA and I duly declined. May came and went with no purchase.

I ended up reaching out to several dealerships on 6/1 including Keyes Lexus at Van Nuys for the same car with FWD. The dealership was closed due to protests but the sales director quoted me $45K OTD; he told me he would honor the incentives and 0% when the dealership opened again couple days later.

I also contacted South County Lexus if they have the same car with FWD; . The sales rep said Yes and quoted me $43,944 OTD + trade in value. I said Yes and would go to the dealership (50 miles from my home) on Friday.

Wife went to test drove the NX300 at Keyes on Wednesday and she found it alright. Meanwhile I communicated with the South County rep regarding the car details and specifically about 0%. Salesperson assured me that the OTD price comes with 0%. Wife and I drove 50 miles last Friday to the dealership in 2 cars (with the intent to trade my Matrix hoping to get several hundred out of it). When we arrived I told my wife if we couldn’t close the deal then the NX is not meant to be the one and we would get the ACURA RDX.

We test drove the car and wife said Yes. Then we proceeded to take care the paperwork and the rep then told me the deal is for cash purchase. If I want to finance, I have to pay interest. I was speechless because it’s never been communicated and I asked him over the phone several times to confirm 0% is available before I decided to purchase from him. I told the guy I have another offer with more options (glass sensors, body side molding, protective door edge films, illuminated doors sills, and bumper protector). The sales guy got his manager to check on the deal. When he came back, the manager said he could not match the deal and told us to buy from that dealership.

I called Keyes immediately and confirmed the car is available and I told the sales rep I would be there the next day to buy the car which we did. We were treated promptly and courteous; the paperwork was done in 15 minutes. $45K OTD with 0% finance. I never thought I would by a car in 3 phone calls and some short text messages.

I noticed no dealerships in LA and Orange County (at least the ones I contacted) would discount this car for more than $4K. I could not get dealerships to come close to Edmund’s price except Keyes and the only reason why Keyes agreed because the car we got is on the lot for over 200 days. Also, no dealerships would give me both $2K incentive and 0% finance; it is just one way or another. I am not sure how you guys get both.

Wife is very happy about the car and I am happy for her, too. In the meantime, I will drive her 2009 Accord V6 with 66K miles on it!. Here is the Options and packages comes with the NX300.

Some observations on the dealerships I dealt with:

Keyes Lexus: I recommend because the process is quick and easy. Look for Sam Santos the Internet Sales Director and Ider the salesperson, both of them are good

South Bay Lexus at Torrance: Ali the salesperson is very nice and honest. The quoted price is a bit high. Though I believe I could drive down the price down some more but I didn’t want to waste Ali’s time if I don’t have the intention to buy from him. I would love to give my business to this dealership in the future though.

Longo Lexus, Glendale Lexus: I would not do business with them period.

Cerritos Lexus: They are fine and Janet the sales lady is nice and responsive but it is difficult to get the price down from this dealership

Santa Monica Lexus: via Costco Auto. Elliott the salesperson is sincere and he told me he could not match the price and could not earn my business.

Jim Falk Lexus: I felt pressure when I was there, people seemed nice but they kept asking me to buy today of a model that I am not interested.

Tustin Lexus and New Port Lexus: Their prices are not competitive; their quotes are on the higher end

South County Lexus: Maybe there is mis-communication like the salesperson Patrick said but I made it clear about my requirements over the phone. Anyway it is just not meant to be for me to buy there. The salesperson was responsive provided information in a prompt manner though.

Last edited by am7045; 06-07-20 at 04:41 PM.
websurfer (06-20-20)

Quick Reply: NX price paid/ Lease