NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

100 miles with NX 200t F-Sport AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-14, 05:14 PM
restonweb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 miles with NX 200t F-Sport AWD

Just wanted to provide a few thoughts of my own on our new 200t F-Sport AWD (Nebula Gray, Black interior).

Exterior / Interior:

- The exterior has a definite head turning quotient and my wife and I are both very excited about how the car looks. When we drove up to the dealer to purchase the car (which had been on deposit and was waiting for us as we arrived) we couldn't get over how it looked in person.

- The interior is whisper quiet.

- In "Sport" mode, the added (artificial) exhaust note is enjoyable...not too loud or fake.

- The fit and finish of the car (exterior and interior) is impeccable. Every panel, piece, and part seems to fit together as if they were molded from a single piece.

- The F-Sport seats fits us like a glove; you feel as if you are entering a cockpit of a jet fighter. And unlike a jet fighter, these seats are comfortable! Now, we are both smaller people and I can imagine that some taller individuals might find the fit too tight.

- The touchpad is not bad - I like it better than the previous Lexus control pads.

- The audio system is really quite good despite Lexus not offering a premium sound system like Mark Levinson. The system appears to great as-is.

- The steering wheel has a great feel and provides just enough feedback.

- A taller (6'4) passenger sat in the back and noted that his head would hit the bump in the car's roof where the sunroof is located. Otherwise, he said the backseat was comfortable.

Performance:

- The NX F-sport handles better than my last IS300 and has more acceleration to boot. On an afternoon cruise today, my wife and I easily hit 60-70 in no time and were surprised at how unbelievably quiet the car had become. I won't cite any numbers but I would say that the acceleration is on par or better than what has been noted in reviews.

- The car (truck?) hugs corners like I didn't think was possible from a small SUV (of course I haven't driven a Macan or Cayenne). I haven't noticed any body roll.

- One certainly feels the road but it feels just right. I didn't want to drive a boat (RX350) but I also didn't want to shell out $50-55K for an X3.

- Torque is invigorating at the 4000-6000 range; the car really likes to hang out there in "Sport" mode and its where I've felt the most acceleration.

Miscellaneous:

- The LED lights on this thing...WOW. I feel bad for oncoming drivers. The lights illuminate the entire road and nearly 90 degrees to each side. I haven't even turned on the brights.

Purchasing Experience:

- Great experience; I had the car on deposit and it was one of the first the dealership had received so I didn't expect to walk out with a huge deal. However, I was generally pleased with an acceptable level of discount provided by the time I drove away with the NX.

Verdict:

- AWESOME.
Old 12-27-14, 06:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

First, congrats on your new NX F-Sport. Great detailed review - makes me anxious to get mine in just two days! You haven't really mentioned anything negative other than the low headroom at the rear (for taller passengers - to be expected). Looking forward to other updates such as fuel economy, pics of your NX, options, who uses the vehicle (crossover, not truck ), and which vehicle you owned prior, for comparison.
Old 12-27-14, 07:17 PM
restonweb
Driver School Candidate

Corrado,

Thanks!

So far fuel economy seems to be on par with what is to be expected (25-28 mpg highway); the "average fuel consumption" reading is still inaccurate as I sat in the dealership parking lot for almost an hour (with the engine running) going over all of the electronics. I think this had a major impact but the read out is creeping up towards 20 mpg.

Here are the options I chose:
- F-Sport AWD
- F-Sport Premium package
- Navigation package
- Heated Steering Wheel (it was already chosen and the car had everything else I wanted)
- 18" machined alloy wheels
- LED Headlamps wo/ Auto Beam
- F-Sport Preferred Package
- Homelink

Here is a not-so-great pic.

Old 12-27-14, 08:00 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad to hear you received a discount. My dealer unequivocally said no deals on the NX at this time, MSRP only. How much under MSRP did you receive?
Old 12-28-14, 06:54 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Glad to hear you received a discount. My dealer unequivocally said no deals on the NX at this time, MSRP only. How much under MSRP did you receive?
I would like to know this also.

Also, does anyone know the amount you get for lexus customer loyalty?

Finally, OP, could you take a couple side pics of your car? I'm thinking of nebula for my color but I want to make sure the wheels contrast enough color wise. Also, is that the regular fsport trim wheels, or another option?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-14, 07:14 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I would like to know this also.

Also, does anyone know the amount you get for lexus customer loyalty?

Finally, OP, could you take a couple side pics of your car? I'm thinking of nebula for my color but I want to make sure the wheels contrast enough color wise. Also, is that the regular fsport trim wheels, or another option?

Thanks!
I'd like to know too! IMHO I'll never pay msrp.......I'll have to wait it out or buy elsewhere.
Old 12-28-14, 07:24 AM
restonweb
Driver School Candidate

Roger et. Al.,

I was initially offered $300 off of MSRP but talked that down to a $500 discount. I also negotiated on our trade-in and was happy when they added $500 onto the trade-in value after some discussion.

I was a previous customer but that was over 10 years ago so not sure that played much of a factor. There was no "customer loyalty" discount though I did not specifically ask (however the sales person knew I was a previous Lexus owner from the same dealership).

I will post some additional pics over the course of the next couple of days.

The wheels are the standard 18" F-Sport "machined alloy wheels", which I like for their coated spokes.

The Nebula Gray is awesome; it blends well with the wheel well trim. I would also consider the Obsidian Black on the F-Sport as it would completely hide the wheel well trim.
Old 12-28-14, 07:25 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ It really depends on the dealer/sales rep. There's no set program from Lexus (at least in Canada). I've bought five from the same rep/dealer over the last 7 years and they treat me incredibly well.

I got a 1% lease rate reduction, free first month's payment ($800), equity on my RX lease return, $1250 MSRP rebate, free front paint film protection, and a couple other perks.
Old 12-28-14, 08:15 AM
bostonb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

restonweb, how long did it take for the car to arrive at the dealership after you put in your order? I put my order in about 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

Last edited by bostonb; 12-28-14 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-28-14, 10:39 AM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ It really depends on the dealer/sales rep. There's no set program from Lexus (at least in Canada). I've bought five from the same rep/dealer over the last 7 years and they treat me incredibly well.

I got a 1% lease rate reduction, free first month's payment ($800), equity on my RX lease return, $1250 MSRP rebate, free front paint film protection, and a couple other perks.
At least there in ON they gave you a deal...here in MB nothing really offered nor any incentives/deals as its pretty much a new model with 4.9% financing which is the regular rate for 5yrs...aside from fact there is only one dealership here in our area and the incentive they said was that you get the vehicle as the NX supply only comes in trickles. I doubt they will offer any incentives or deals on it for the next 6mos to a year esp if the demand is high on them...so far every unit that they get pretty much is already spoken for or pre-sold. Not really sure if I should wait or just sign up to order as I don't see any deals in the near future, besides if you are buying the vehicle you are buying it because you want/need it not because of a small incentive/discount
Old 12-28-14, 01:19 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Reston, Thanks for the reply It's good to know you found a dealer that is flexible on the NX. You haven't said what you traded in.

Corrado, your amazing. You're the prime example of why it's so important to establish a relationship with your dealership.

I must say the dealer I dealt with was not my regular one. I went to next closest Lexus dealer to me to see how I was treated there. I had never been there before and when I walked into the door a salesman latched on to me that turned out to be a rookie. He only had worked there less than a year.and used to be in the cabinet business. So, I would say he has no influence on deal negotiation and I had no standing with the dealer, hence No deals. This made it easy for me to walk away. I did receive a couple emails after with offers that were high *****. Almost made me wonder if I should revisit the MKC (just kidding)

I have talked to my salesman at my dealer and he is aware of my situation. I have enough time left on my lease to wait and see what the next 4RX will be like before deciding.
Old 12-28-14, 01:30 PM
rogerh00
Racer

[QUOTE=corradoMR2;8843190
I got a 1% lease rate reduction, free first month's payment ($800), equity on my RX lease return, $1250 MSRP rebate, free front paint film protection, and a couple other perks. [/QUOTE]

Corrado, I'm so impressed with your ability to negotiate a deal. I don't believe anyone will come close to your deal. If there is I'd like to hear it.

In a post awhile ago you said you would try to get a wallet key included in the deal. Was that possible? Is a wallet key available for the NX?

I was so intrigued I tried searching for one for the RX but it appears Lexus has dropped it for most new models.
Old 12-28-14, 02:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Corrado, I'm so impressed with your ability to negotiate a deal. I don't believe anyone will come close to your deal. If there is I'd like to hear it.

In a post awhile ago you said you would try to get a wallet key included in the deal. Was that possible? Is a wallet key available for the NX?

I was so intrigued I tried searching for one for the RX but it appears Lexus has dropped it for most new models.
Glad you remember my prior post. My sales rep wasn't sure a wallet key card was available so I decided to focus on the financials instead. In all honesty, I got a great deal thanks to a great relationship with my sales rep and management who have solid work ethics and prioritize customer satisfaction before maximizing profits.

Sewell has the wallet key card, but no pricing yet. http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2015/7254.html
Old 12-28-14, 02:52 PM
tinwoo
Driver School Candidate

Corrado, I am living at Toronto too. Which dealership you go to?
Old 12-28-14, 04:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by tinwoo
Corrado, I am living at Toronto too. Which dealership you go to?
Send me a PM, I'll give you the details.

Quick Reply: 100 miles with NX 200t F-Sport AWD