NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-15 | 01:20 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yep, I have seen the light "move" in turns much like AFS on G2 or early G3 RXs. In fact, my wife first pointed it out to me and usually I'm the one that finds these details.
dang...I have yet to see the lights move on turns.
Old 06-02-15 | 04:46 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tresmith00
dang...I have yet to see the lights move on turns.
This is the fog lights only, and technically they don't really move. There are additional LED bulbs and reflectors on the side, and the bulbs light up with steering input. I understood this to be available only with the Premium triple beam LED headlights option.

You can see this by parking with headlights/fogs on, and steering straight and then turn the steering either way and look again at the fogs.
Old 06-03-15 | 12:45 PM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Just got my NX Hybrid 5 days ago. Still have lots to learn. When I got into the car yesterday after having it at the dealer, I had the same thing happen. All of a sudden it said 9960 miles, and stayed constant. I turned right around and came back. I thought they had possibly set something while it had been there. Nope. That's the amount of mileage to your next service. I only had 40 miles, so 40 + 9960 is 10,000. Hit the odometer button and it will go back.
Old 06-03-15 | 12:48 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lolasmom
Just got my NX Hybrid 5 days ago. Still have lots to learn. When I got into the car yesterday after having it at the dealer, I had the same thing happen. All of a sudden it said 9960 miles, and stayed constant. I turned right around and came back. I thought they had possibly set something while it had been there. Nope. That's the amount of mileage to your next service. I only had 40 miles, so 40 + 9960 is 10,000. Hit the odometer button and it will go back.
The wrench beside the 9960 should have been a giveaway lol
Old 06-03-15 | 01:26 PM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Swacer, I did notice the wrench, but didn't know what it meant. :-)
Old 06-03-15 | 08:35 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Just had subscription to Toyota TIS and learned something interesting about NX which is not found in the owner's manual.

If your NX comes with AVS, the 17" wheels (225/65R17) won't fit because of the following reason -

"17 in. tires cannot be used on models with an AVS since the appropriate clearance with surrounding parts cannot be ensured."

This info is from the New Car Features of 2015 NX200T. Just wonder why this is not in the owner's manual. It is a vital info for those who wish to downsize the wheels for winter tires though I doubt many won't do it as 18" wheels already look a bit small for NX because of the wheel well opening.
Old 06-04-15 | 06:48 AM
2aces
Driver School Candidate

I love that the accessories cubby under the cargo lid perfectly fits the first-aid kit and two dozen golf ***** (left the dealer Friday to go straight onto a 4 day golf trip!)
Old 06-05-15 | 10:14 AM
gooner
Driver School Candidate

Wink

I like that rear head restrains can be easily taken off/put on unlike many other cars.
I rarely carry anyone in the back and removing the rear right restrain (and keeping it handy) dramatically improves visibility, BSM notwithstanding.
Old 06-05-15 | 12:02 PM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

I also find the rear head restraints annoying and like the previous comment, rarely carry passengers in the rear. My solution was to simply recline the rear seats which made rearview visibility outstanding.
Old 06-06-15 | 02:35 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by stevez2436
I also find the rear head restraints annoying and like the previous comment, rarely carry passengers in the rear. My solution was to simply recline the rear seats which made rearview visibility outstanding.
I wonder if there is a way to bypass the rear view camera and come on while driving forward. It can act as a secondary rear view mirror. My neighbor has a Tesla and it does this. Great for blind spots
Old 06-06-15 | 06:22 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by My0gr81
This is the fog lights only, and technically they don't really move. There are additional LED bulbs and reflectors on the side, and the bulbs light up with steering input. I understood this to be available only with the Premium triple beam LED headlights option.

You can see this by parking with headlights/fogs on, and steering straight and then turn the steering either way and look again at the fogs.
I saw them "move" or turn on a day or two ago. you have to turn the wheel pretty far to the left or right to get them to activate.
Old 06-06-15 | 06:24 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2aces
I love that the accessories cubby under the cargo lid perfectly fits the first-aid kit and two dozen golf ***** (left the dealer Friday to go straight onto a 4 day golf trip!)
great idea...I think I'll move the first aid kit down there as well. kit seems to be out of place.
Old 06-15-15 | 02:21 PM
DBCOM
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my NX FSport this past weekend! Loving it! Previously owned Audi coupe. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of right now is the analog only clock (is there a time option somewhere else for main display monitor), and the fact that there's no release latch / lever available from the back to tip the seats over... which I find odd considering every vehicle I've ever had had a button or lever at the top of the seat that you could access to tip over the seats.... Other than that, Love it! My first Lexus!
Old 06-15-15 | 05:01 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DBCOM
Just picked up my NX FSport this past weekend! Loving it! Previously owned Audi coupe. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of right now is the analog only clock (is there a time option somewhere else for main display monitor), and the fact that there's no release latch / lever available from the back to tip the seats over... which I find odd considering every vehicle I've ever had had a button or lever at the top of the seat that you could access to tip over the seats.... Other than that, Love it! My first Lexus!
Congrats on your new ride ! I personally think the analog clock is what makes the interior look awesome and different ! Enjoy !!
Old 06-15-15 | 05:03 PM
DBCOM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Congrats on your new ride ! I personally think the analog clock is what makes the interior look awesome and different ! Enjoy !!
Looks nice, but with my eyes, if I need to catch a quick glimpse of the time while driving in traffic, I like big bold numbers! lol I agree though, looks nice either way!