NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-15, 05:45 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DBCOM
Just picked up my NX FSport this past weekend! Loving it! Previously owned Audi coupe. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of right now is the analog only clock (is there a time option somewhere else for main display monitor), and the fact that there's no release latch / lever available from the back to tip the seats over... which I find odd considering every vehicle I've ever had had a button or lever at the top of the seat that you could access to tip over the seats.... Other than that, Love it! My first Lexus!
that's a great point about the seats. only one location for the manual lever. meanwhile if you option the power seats they put buttons for that everywhere....you have a set by the driver's seat, a set by the back passengers and a final set in the trunk.
Old 06-15-15, 05:53 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is just a design comment...

Since there's been comments made about the lack of cubby/storage space in the NX, I've noticed that there's alot of space wasted on the radio controls. I imagine that the radio buttons and the bottom of that center stack can be reorganized in a manner that can create a nice sizable storage pocket.
Old 06-15-15, 06:05 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone else notice that their A/C doesn't use the cabin micro-filter by default? I turned mine on today.

Last edited by mrsinsyder; 06-15-15 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 06:14 PM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mrsinsyder -

I looked up cabin filter in the Owner's Manual Index and it is not listed.

I thought all air that goes through the A/C would have to also go through the cabin filter (behind the glove box).
Old 06-15-15, 06:18 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by stevez2436
mrsinsyder -

I looked up cabin filter in the Owner's Manual Index and it is not listed.

I thought all air that goes through the A/C would have to also go through the cabin filter (behind the glove box).
Nope, reference page 426. Mine was not activated by default.
Old 06-15-15, 06:29 PM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Nope, reference page 426. Mine was not activated by default.
The pollen filter (p426) uses the cabin filter (p516). However, the pollen filter only does a brief cleansing of the interior air by putting on recirculate (cutting off exterior air), then it turns off automatically after a very short duration. Unless you want to keep hitting the pollen filter every 5 minutes.

Otherwise, any outside air will ALWAYS flow through that same cabin filter.

Last edited by stevez2436; 06-15-15 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 06:44 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by stevez2436
The pollen filter (p426) uses the cabin filter (p516). However, the pollen filter only does a brief cleansing of the interior air by putting on recirculate (cutting off exterior air), then it turns off automatically after a very short duration. Unless you want to keep hitting the pollen filter every 5 minutes.

Otherwise, any outside air will ALWAYS flow through that same cabin filter.
Interesting, my manual doesn't provide that much detail from what I've read.
Old 06-16-15, 04:22 AM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Car shakes with Michelin tires, but does not with Yokohomas. Dealer swapped them out for me because the shaking with the Michelins was significant. Annoying...
Old 06-16-15, 04:28 AM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Here's a not so good discovery, hoping it would have been "corrected" compared to the RX.

Closing the power hatch is a longish 8 seconds and you cannot lock the car until it's closed. You cannot force it closed manually, unless you disable the power feature in the multi-information display.
YES! This is annoying!
Old 06-16-15, 06:11 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by catchtanya
YES! This is annoying!
Do know that you can lock the car while the hatch is closing with the key fob, just not with the door handle touchspots.
Old 06-16-15, 09:23 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
Do know that you can lock the car while the hatch is closing with the key fob, just not with the door handle touchspots.
This is correct. While I was at lunch, I tested it out.
Old 06-16-15, 10:37 AM
F6FHellcat
Driver School Candidate

Default iPod

Don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere in the Forums, or I'm just behind the times on automobile sound technology, but the NX implementation of iPod as a sound source is excellent. I particularly like the voice commands and accurate display of cover art.
Old 06-20-15, 10:40 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Last night I went for a drive a few hours after a rain storm. I had the windows down, and water was just pouring in from the roof. I know all cars do this, but it was insane - instead of trickles, huge amounts of water - and the car wasn't even terribly wet! It made me wonder if it was because there are no real grooves on the top of roof beyond the little silver rails.
Old 06-20-15, 11:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
Nice discovery! So at least we have a workaround in those rainy moments where you can push the fob while still in range and running for cover.
Old 06-20-15, 08:09 PM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Last night I went for a drive a few hours after a rain storm. I had the windows down, and water was just pouring in from the roof. I know all cars do this, but it was insane - instead of trickles, huge amounts of water - and the car wasn't even terribly wet! It made me wonder if it was because there are no real grooves on the top of roof beyond the little silver rails.
Found this out a couple weeks ago, too. We have to badge in/out of the gate at work. Figured out to let the car come to a complete stop before putting the window down. You're right, though, a lot of water does come in!

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)