NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-15, 06:47 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tigerfever
That's odd. My dealership in Canada automatically gives all weather mats with every purchase and I have them in the vehicle now. They appear to be made for the NX as they say NX on them so they're definitely making them.
I think the poster meant that Weathertech isn't going to make them, which seems kind of dumb on their part if you ask me.

We have the all weather Lexus NX mats and I don't like them, they are too small to be effective in my opinion for places with bad weather. They look good and are made well, but as I said just to small in my opinion.

Phil
Old 07-03-15, 08:06 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pesttt
So for those who have an iPhone 6+ and are getting the optional Qi charger for your phone as part of their package...you'll be happy (not really) to know that it does not fit in the quick charging tray...its about 3/4 inch to long for the tray.
the regular iPhone 6 on the other hand will fit no problem .... but not the 6+

I believe the Samsung Note 4 will not fit either as it is about the same size in length as the iPhone 6+...
Is there a USB port close to where the phone charger is located?
Old 07-03-15, 11:21 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cssaus
Is there a USB port close to where the phone charger is located?
two usb ports inside the center console
Old 07-11-15, 05:56 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

I'm probably late to the party, but I'm happy to have discovered that the rear seatbelt can be stowed into the roof
Old 07-11-15, 06:10 PM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
I'm probably late to the party, but I'm happy to have discovered that the rear seatbelt can be stowed into the roof
I'm not quite following your comment about the seatbelts. Are you talking about the rear center seatbelt that is hanging from the top? If so, how do you you "hide it"?
Old 07-11-15, 06:17 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by stevez2436
I'm not quite following your comment about the seatbelts. Are you talking about the rear center seatbelt that is hanging from the top? If so, how do you you "hide it"?
I am.

First you take the physical key out of the fob - it will fit into a little slot onto the side of the plastic where the belt attaches on the seat. It will pop right out of the seat and you can retract the whole thing and hide it in the ceiling. It will secure up in the roof.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-11-15, 06:29 PM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

I am.

First you take the physical key out of the fob - it will fit into a little slot onto the side of the plastic where the belt attaches on the seat. It will pop right out of the seat and you can retract the whole thing and hide it in the ceiling. It will secure up in the roof.

Hope that helps!
Thanks ... I figured out what you were saying except I just used a screwdriver to depress the red release tab. Neat little trick!
Old 07-11-15, 06:39 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by stevez2436
Thanks ... I figured out what you were saying except I just used a screwdriver to depress the red release tab. Neat little trick!
Awesome!
Old 07-12-15, 06:23 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome!
Or you can use the seatbelt main buckle. That fits in there as well.
Old 07-13-15, 05:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Dynamic Radar Cruise Control DRCC differences

Ok, so discovery, based on the manual. There are two types of DRCC.

1. DRCC with all-speed control
2. DRCC

US must have 1 while Canada must have 2 as per this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ork-in-nx.html

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-13-15 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-14-15, 06:43 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure if this was already mentioned before but I was sad to discover that the Remote Start for the NX shuts off the engine when you open the door. I was hoping it would leave the engine running so you didn't have to restart again.

Also I noticed that the back of the F sport steering wheel behind the buttons at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock seems a bit hollow. Like they wrapped the leather over a hollow space back there. Kinda weird feeling when you grip at those positions.
Old 07-14-15, 07:35 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Not sure if this was already mentioned before but I was sad to discover that the Remote Start for the NX shuts off the engine when you open the door. I was hoping it would leave the engine running so you didn't have to restart again.

Also I noticed that the back of the F sport steering wheel behind the buttons at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock seems a bit hollow. Like they wrapped the leather over a hollow space back there. Kinda weird feeling when you grip at those positions.
I mentioned it before and I'm with you on that one. it would be more convenient if it stayed on. But someone else said that it might be a safety feature...keep someone from stealing your car or something. who knows why they chose to do that.
Old 07-14-15, 09:01 AM
DBCOM
Driver School Candidate

This might not be much of a "discovery" per se, but just picked up 6 litres of 0w-20 Toyota synthetic along with a filter from the Toyota dealership for my NX and it cost me under $50 CDN!!!!!! .... I can't remember the last time I bought synthetic oil alone for $50... I wonder if they made a mistake!
Old 07-14-15, 12:31 PM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I mentioned it before and I'm with you on that one. it would be more convenient if it stayed on. But someone else said that it might be a safety feature...keep someone from stealing your car or something. who knows why they chose to do that.
I don't buy the "prevent" car for being stolen explanation. I do a lot of travel for work and have driven many premium rental cars. In those brands, when remote started, they leave the car on when you open the door. You have to press the Start Ignition button with key FOB present to activate the rest of the vehicle. Personally I just think Lexus just cut corners on this one.
Old 07-14-15, 01:23 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I don't buy the "prevent" car for being stolen explanation. I do a lot of travel for work and have driven many premium rental cars. In those brands, when remote started, they leave the car on when you open the door. You have to press the Start Ignition button with key FOB present to activate the rest of the vehicle. Personally I just think Lexus just cut corners on this one.
No corners to cut, this is just pure programming implementation. Some manufacturer have chosen to implement immobilizer bypass "remote take over" and some have chosen not to. Toyota (among others) has chosen not to.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)