NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-15 | 05:53 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Not sure if already mentioned but if you find the steering wheel just a slight bit too far away, you can make it come closer. Once you've moved it closest and it moves no further, quickly click the button to move the steering wheel towards you 8 times. On the eight click it will move a slight bit more
Old 07-15-15 | 07:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Interesting indeed. I'll have to try it!
Old 07-15-15 | 10:05 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
Not sure if already mentioned but if you find the steering wheel just a slight bit too far away, you can make it come closer. Once you've moved it closest and it moves no further, quickly click the button to move the steering wheel towards you 8 times. On the eight click it will move a slight bit more
This was posted before, see page 12, post 166. There is a little more info on it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...or-bad-12.html
Old 07-20-15 | 08:09 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default NX Headrest Swap with IS F Sport for added comfort

^^^ Thanks Roger for that. I missed it too.

With some NX owners pointing out the non-F Sport headrest being tilted too forward, it results in some discomfort and decrease in enjoyment of their vehicle. Thankfully, the discovery is that the IS F Sport headrest is a perfect fit/replacement thanks to its fore/aft adjustability which provides just enough clearance pushed all the back.

See: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9119629
Old 07-20-15 | 11:24 AM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

I'm hoping someone here can help me.
My incoming texting is not working. If i look at my messages, all the previous ones are there, but the incoming do not pop up and do not even appear if I look for them. I have no problem with phone calls. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. The texting worked for a while, in fact, the first time it worked it surprised me. Now it's stopped. I don't think I've changed any settings. I was at the dealer today getting a carwash and talked to a tech guy there. He told me I had too many text messages so I deleted almost all of them. No change. Any ideas? Thanks! I have the navigation system, in case that makes a difference.
Old 07-20-15 | 11:29 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

My iPhone 6 texting on the NX isn't working neither but i didn't have time to play with it yet.
Old 07-20-15 | 12:36 PM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lolasmom
I'm hoping someone here can help me.
My incoming texting is not working. If i look at my messages, all the previous ones are there, but the incoming do not pop up and do not even appear if I look for them. I have no problem with phone calls. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. The texting worked for a while, in fact, the first time it worked it surprised me. Now it's stopped. I don't think I've changed any settings. I was at the dealer today getting a carwash and talked to a tech guy there. He told me I had too many text messages so I deleted almost all of them. No change. Any ideas? Thanks! I have the navigation system, in case that makes a difference.
I know this may sound silly...

make sure it's still paired with the phone, and try rebooting the phone
Old 07-20-15 | 01:18 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by tommytqt
My iPhone 6 texting on the NX isn't working neither but i didn't have time to play with it yet.
There are a number of threads here that discuss this very issue. Search the forum for "text message"; you'll get about half a dozen or so results. Read those threads. There are settings on both the phone and vehicle that need to be just right.
Old 07-20-15 | 01:58 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by tommytqt
Open the connection under Bluetooth, and make sure show notifications is on.
Old 07-21-15 | 02:20 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

You can hear the blowoff valve sounding!!

Ok, its quite soft and hard to hear, ... so try the following.
at around 60-70kmh, put the car to manual mode by pulling the gear shift lever over to M mode, lock into 3rd gear, then accelerate until the boost meter is reading close to 1 bar, then quickly lift off the pedal. There is a definite (but quite soft) pffssshhhh sound.

note: Push the accelerator pedal in until you feel the kickdown switch, but don't engage the switch. You don't want the car downshifting to 2nd gear, that will cause the revs to go up and will drown out the blowoff valve sound.
Old 07-21-15 | 08:27 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Or just for lolz, unhook the air filter box clips, open the box and run unfiltered... The sound is really noticeable then!
Old 07-21-15 | 08:35 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

legrunt, please Quote the posts you are responding to, as it's a bit difficult to determine what your comments refer to.
Old 07-21-15 | 11:01 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

not sure if this is an interesting discovery or a reason for a visit to Lexus. Does anyone elses NX make a high pitch kind of noise from the rear end when putting in or out of gear? if yes, what is that from?
Old 07-21-15 | 05:09 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
not sure if this is an interesting discovery or a reason for a visit to Lexus. Does anyone elses NX make a high pitch kind of noise from the rear end when putting in or out of gear? if yes, what is that from?
I'm guessing it's your auto parking brake engaging and disengaging.
Try this. Shift to N, then manually engage or disengage the parking brake. Same sound?
Old 07-21-15 | 05:12 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Another thing I just discovered yesterday. Ok, maybe I'm slow... But there is a setting that automatically activates the front camera when you're slowing to a crawl.

I always thought it would activate the rear cam only when reversing, but this makes it apply to forward parking as well.