NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15, 05:28 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. That was it.
Originally Posted by legrunt
I'm guessing it's your auto parking brake engaging and disengaging.
Try this. Shift to N, then manually engage or disengage the parking brake. Same sound?
Old 07-21-15, 08:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts
Cool M Mode Shifts 200 rpm past red line

Transmission in D Mode shifts up to red line.

In M Mode, it's 200 rpm after.

Old 07-22-15, 12:34 PM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am still reading the manual and i would like to share some info before i forget them .

1. So the sensor for blind spot monitor are located in the back bumpers, on each side of the car. If you have your bumper damage, you should include the cost for those.

2. If you one day wonder why the side mirrors do not till down when you back up. You need to switch the the L or R switch to one side (does not matter L or R). The L R switch is use to select the side mirror so that you can move the mirror around.

If the side mirror do not till down enough for you or not at the position you like, then shift your car to R, then adjust the mirror to how you like it. The setting will be remember next time you back up.

3. Mute button? on the steering wheel? press the Mode button twice to mute your audio. or you can press the play and pause button under the CD tray.

4. Would you like to unlock the car and the car know it is you and move the seat to your memorized position? Unlock your car with your key fob, get in, start the car, press and hold your memorized position, in the mean time, press and hold the lock key untill you hear the beep.

I will share more when i find out more.

There are couple things i feel uncomfortable, take too long to do. Maybe i don't know how to do it quickly yet but hope you all here can help out.

1. It is so hard to find my memorized seat number at night cause it locates way down and it's dark.

2. My iphone 6, and 6 plus get disconnect all the time after 3 minutes from USB connection. So i ended up use bluetooth all the time.

3. Go to radio or music or changing the source are still taking too much time especially while driving. It is so distracting.

4. All the doors (interior) are so easy to get dirty (white marks) all over cause I accidentally and easily hit them with my shoes when we get in and out. Is there anyway to avoid this or any production i can use to clean it?

5. The brake, it has a little "click" feel when you first gently step on it. Is it normal? i asked the salesman he said it's fine.

6. If i want the phone to plug in to charge as well as having it outside the center storage, then i have no where to put it. I have to put it in the cup holder.

7. Hate it when the dealer didn't have the power trunk in the F sport. Only $400. wth?

8. Did anyone accidently splash water on the Remote touch?

9. No digital clock, it takes me extra 3 secs to read the analog.

10. My wife asked me what date is today? I look at my car and .... couldn't find it anywhere. My acura has the calendar. I wish the nx has a corner somewhere for the digital clock and the date.

Thank you all.
Old 07-23-15, 08:59 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
I am still reading the manual and i would like to share some info before i forget them .

1. So the sensor for blind spot monitor are located in the back bumpers, on each side of the car. If you have your bumper damage, you should include the cost for those.

2. If you one day wonder why the side mirrors do not till down when you back up. You need to switch the the L or R switch to one side (does not matter L or R). The L R switch is use to select the side mirror so that you can move the mirror around.

If the side mirror do not till down enough for you or not at the position you like, then shift your car to R, then adjust the mirror to how you like it. The setting will be remember next time you back up.

3. Mute button? on the steering wheel? press the Mode button twice to mute your audio. or you can press the play and pause button under the CD tray.

4. Would you like to unlock the car and the car know it is you and move the seat to your memorized position? Unlock your car with your key fob, get in, start the car, press and hold your memorized position, in the mean time, press and hold the lock key untill you hear the beep.

I will share more when i find out more.

There are couple things i feel uncomfortable, take too long to do. Maybe i don't know how to do it quickly yet but hope you all here can help out.

1. It is so hard to find my memorized seat number at night cause it locates way down and it's dark.

2. My iphone 6, and 6 plus get disconnect all the time after 3 minutes from USB connection. So i ended up use bluetooth all the time.

3. Go to radio or music or changing the source are still taking too much time especially while driving. It is so distracting.

4. All the doors (interior) are so easy to get dirty (white marks) all over cause I accidentally and easily hit them with my shoes when we get in and out. Is there anyway to avoid this or any production i can use to clean it?

5. The brake, it has a little "click" feel when you first gently step on it. Is it normal? i asked the salesman he said it's fine.

6. If i want the phone to plug in to charge as well as having it outside the center storage, then i have no where to put it. I have to put it in the cup holder.

7. Hate it when the dealer didn't have the power trunk in the F sport. Only $400. wth?

8. Did anyone accidently splash water on the Remote touch?

9. No digital clock, it takes me extra 3 secs to read the analog.

10. My wife asked me what date is today? I look at my car and .... couldn't find it anywhere. My acura has the calendar. I wish the nx has a corner somewhere for the digital clock and the date.

Thank you all.
I find the doors to get scuffed up easy too ... More so than any other . I'm curious your comparison with Acura since you mentioned you had one . I must say I'm impressed with the 2016 RDX , and you get a loaded one with all the tech features for so much less than the NX . I really miss many of the features that weren't available as standard on the NX ,or added options that weren't available without special ordering. This is my first Lexus , and I love it so far , however not sure about future vehicle being one due to lack of standard equipment and more options included

Last edited by RDLGX; 07-23-15 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-23-15, 11:11 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ronn1
I find the doors to get scuffed up easy too ... More so than any other . I'm curious your comparison with Acura since you mentioned you had one . I must say I'm impressed with the 2016 RDX , and you get a loaded one with all the tech features for so much less than the NX . I really miss many of the features that weren't available as standard on the NX ,or added options that weren't available without special ordering. This is my first Lexus , and I love it so far , however not sure about future vehicle being one due to lack of standard equipment and more options included
I had a 07 TSX. I love the touch screen a lot. Easy to get from A to Z by couple touches. Acura vs Lexus, everyone obviously know the differences. I am the first time Lexus owner. I can say that Lexus is more "gentle" than Acura in term of driving. Acura gives you the speed right away. Lexus smoothly takes another 2-3 secs and then gives you the speed you need. 2016 RDX looks nice, i saw on the road the other days and of course it loaded with all the techs. However, about the price, i don't think it's much different compare to the NX. One more thing you should consider is the gas mileage since it's a v6 and has more power than the nx. For me since i've already had an Acura, I wouldn't buy another one. I wanted something different. I wanted a Q5 but everyone says Japanese is more reliable and first time saw the NX F sport at the dealer, loved it. Bought it 2 weeks later.
Old 07-23-15, 11:52 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
I had a 07 TSX. I love the touch screen a lot. Easy to get from A to Z by couple touches. Acura vs Lexus, everyone obviously know the differences. I am the first time Lexus owner. I can say that Lexus is more "gentle" than Acura in term of driving. Acura gives you the speed right away. Lexus smoothly takes another 2-3 secs and then gives you the speed you need. 2016 RDX looks nice, i saw on the road the other days and of course it loaded with all the techs. However, about the price, i don't think it's much different compare to the NX. One more thing you should consider is the gas mileage since it's a v6 and has more power than the nx. For me since i've already had an Acura, I wouldn't buy another one. I wanted something different. I wanted a Q5 but everyone says Japanese is more reliable and first time saw the NX F sport at the dealer, loved it. Bought it 2 weeks later.
Thank you ! The RDX was $43,000, had a lot more on it than the NX .... All the tech stuff
Yes , I love the NX , but regret not ordering one with everything . Also getting use to the size as I have had several Highlanders which I loved .
Old 07-23-15, 12:42 PM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Thank you ! The RDX was $43,000, had a lot more on it than the NX .... All the tech stuff
Yes , I love the NX , but regret not ordering one with everything . Also getting use to the size as I have had several Highlanders which I loved .
Where i live, the cars came in with preloaded pkges. If i want custom, i have to special order it but it will take 3-4 months, in that case 2016 model is out already. I hate my F sport without the power trunk. 43 is what i paid for my nx. I bought the extended warranty as well since this nx is the first model for 1500. not that bad.
Old 07-23-15, 08:18 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a law in Canada that restrict the use the ACC? Why it is better in US than in Canada, i believe it is just a programming thing.
And I dont know why the frontal crash prevention system only reduce speed in high speed condition rather than break to stop, in Chinese market, the top line Escape comes with front crash prevention system which will fully stop the vehicle even at 80km/h
Old 07-23-15, 08:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Onion
Is there a law in Canada that restrict the use the ACC? Why it is better in US than in Canada, i believe it is just a programming thing.
And I dont know why the frontal crash prevention system only reduce speed in high speed condition rather than break to stop, in Chinese market, the top line Escape comes with front crash prevention system which will fully stop the vehicle even at 80km/h
Welcome to the forum.

You're referring to ACC as Adaptive Cruise Control (or DRCC - Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is the technical Lexus term) ?

I agree it's unfortunate we don't get full-stop capabilities which tells me it's a programming function. Not sure I believe it's a Canadian regulation since other vehicles have full stop capabilities. It might just be a Lexus choice to have that offered in the pricier new RX.
Old 07-23-15, 09:18 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Welcome to the forum.

You're referring to ACC as Adaptive Cruise Control (or DRCC - Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is the technical Lexus term) ?

I agree it's unfortunate we don't get full-stop capabilities which tells me it's a programming function. Not sure I believe it's a Canadian regulation since other vehicles have full stop capabilities. It might just be a Lexus choice to have that offered in the pricier new RX.
I like to call it ACC cuz thats what i hear from most car manufactures. Also dont konw why they dont put enform on Lexus, or even just put on the remote engine starter, this is Canada

I am wondering if you get change the ACC setting if you go to American Lexus dealer and ask them to refresh the software? Plan to drive to LA next year
Old 07-24-15, 06:09 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Onion
I like to call it ACC cuz thats what i hear from most car manufactures. Also dont konw why they dont put enform on Lexus, or even just put on the remote engine starter, this is Canada

I am wondering if you get change the ACC setting if you go to American Lexus dealer and ask them to refresh the software? Plan to drive to LA next year
The biggest disappointment and missed opportunity for Lexus Canada is not offering Enform in all its lineup, up to and including the 140K LS 600hL ! I asked Lexus Canada earlier this year and they responded that the market does not dictate the need for this functionality at this time. I bet it has to do with restrictions from the CRTC and/or operating costs not justified for the few thousand Lexus vehicles sold in Canada per year.

For programming in the US, anything's possible with software programming if the hardware is the same, but it's risky and warranty could go out the door if an issue arises down the line.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-24-15 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-24-15, 08:00 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by legrunt
Another thing I just discovered yesterday. Ok, maybe I'm slow... But there is a setting that automatically activates the front camera when you're slowing to a crawl.

I always thought it would activate the rear cam only when reversing, but this makes it apply to forward parking as well.
Front Camera? What option is that?
Old 07-24-15, 09:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Front Camera? What option is that?
He must have the 360 view camera offered in certain international markets, not in N.A.
Old 07-24-15, 11:04 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

He must have the 360 view camera offered in certain international markets, not in N.A.
Now I remember seeing something on it but must of pushed it into the dead file since it's not available.

I'll never understand how Lexus decides who gets what option.

It's an option, if a buyer wants it why not sell it? How can they say N.A. doesn't want a front camera? It's like Canada doesn't want Enform.
Old 07-24-15, 08:56 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, its the 360 view option. I get four cameras, one in the back just above the number plate, two under the side mirrors on either side, and one more in front, just under the logo.

The rear view (plus 360 view) turns on automatically when I go into reverse, but with this setting, when I am crawling forward (parking speeds) the front (plus 360 view) also turns on automatically.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (01-11-20)

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)