NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-15, 10:45 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I was thinking that it takes that long cause there's alot of layers of security to get through.
That, and the fact that the app is not interacting directly with your car.

I would guess that it's connecting to various other servers along the way—authentication & authorization server(s), auditing server(s), and finally an Enform server that sends the commands to your vehicle. It then has to wait for an ack/no-ack response from the NX. All this goes through the audit server again to log the activity. Additionally, if your car does not have a strong cellular signal, then the whole process happens even more slowly.

Having said that, my remote activity through my phone doesn't seem that slow. I've used remote smartphone apps with my previous car and Enform is a little bit faster when compared to that one.
Old 10-22-15, 05:39 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
That, and the fact that the app is not interacting directly with your car.

I would guess that it's connecting to various other servers along the way—authentication & authorization server(s), auditing server(s), and finally an Enform server that sends the commands to your vehicle. It then has to wait for an ack/no-ack response from the NX. All this goes through the audit server again to log the activity. Additionally, if your car does not have a strong cellular signal, then the whole process happens even more slowly.

Having said that, my remote activity through my phone doesn't seem that slow. I've used remote smartphone apps with my previous car and Enform is a little bit faster when compared to that one.
I just did a quick test.

I requested a status report and it took about 70 seconds from start to finish. Over a minute feels like an eternity.

Whenever I use the remote start, I don't even bother waiting for confirmation anymore. I just trust that it's going to work. few times it failed and it was a bit annoying.
Old 10-22-15, 05:47 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I experienced my first really cold day since getting the car and was able to try out the heated seats and steering for the first time in a real world setting.

They both got warm pretty quickly but I was pretty disappointed that both the steering wheel and the seat don't have heating elements throughout their entire structure.

Only the sides of the steering wheel get warm while the top and bottom stay cold. And as far as the seat, it felt like the heating element only went half way up the seat back.
Old 10-22-15, 06:23 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other cars are similar. Our MB also takes a minute or so to lock the doors from the phone app
Old 10-22-15, 10:42 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr645
Other cars are similar.
New Acuras, too.
Old 10-22-15, 12:35 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Unhappy Ventilated Seats only for Butt/Hamstring Area

Additionally, I've found that the ventilated (cooling) of the NX seats are only for the butt/hamstring area, not the back area, unlike many other cars.
Old 10-22-15, 01:30 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Additionally, I've found that the ventilated (cooling) of the NX seats are only for the butt/hamstring area, not the back area, unlike many other cars.
Odd, the ventilated seats in my NX definitely produce airflow at my lower back.
Old 10-22-15, 03:52 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
Odd, the ventilated seats in my NX definitely produce airflow at my lower back.
If you use the lumbar support, it blocks airflow to the backrest. At least it blocks it for me.
Old 10-23-15, 06:29 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

If you use the lumbar support, it blocks airflow to the backrest. At least it blocks it for me.
crazier still, I use lumbar support and I have airflow coming through on the back portion of the seat.
Old 10-23-15, 08:39 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Interesting... How high up on the seat back does the air flow go?
Old 10-23-15, 10:02 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Interesting, the ventilated seats actually work? I don't get any noticeable airflow on mine.

I remember reading a while ago that it was recommended to put a cardboard dam on the floor at the back of the seat. I haven't tried it, I just gave up on the useless feature. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll have to ask about it.
Old 10-23-15, 10:31 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
crazier still, I use lumbar support and I have airflow coming through on the back portion of the seat.
Do you have the lumbar inflated as much as it will go?
Old 10-23-15, 12:04 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Interesting, the ventilated seats actually work? I don't get any noticeable airflow on mine.
Remember: wherever your backside and back are, very little air (although not none) can push through there as your body is in the way; I can definitely feel air coming through between my legs. And through convection the seatback and seat are cooled simply by the cooled air passing by them.
Old 10-23-15, 05:31 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Interesting... How high up on the seat back does the air flow go?
virtually the whole way up, almost to the headrest and i do inflate the lumbar quite a bit
Old 10-23-15, 09:44 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by dadofahusk
virtually the whole way up, almost to the headrest and i do inflate the lumbar quite a bit
I need to get a feather and put it up against the seat to see if there is air blowing out of mine. With the air conditioner on, it's difficult to tell using just my hand. (even with the A/C off, it's difficult).

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)