NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 04:40 AM
badkulo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sosobri805
I actually watched a youtube video for a DIY idea. I used some adhesive sound dampening material and rubber adhesive and applied it to the back the license plate frame. Did wonders for the final outcome. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWmc9rMUWs
If I may, I would like to add my findings on the subwoofer rattling issue. Even with the license plate off, I could still hear the bass rattle. With the volume turned up highier, I was able to located the location of the rattle at the center of the inner rear hatch. If I put pressure on the plastic surroundings next to the subwoofer, the rattle is gone. I am quite disappointed that Lexus didnt make sure theres enough backing material to enclose the subwoofer. My solution was to pop open the small square cover and stuff as many micro fiber clothes I could to enclose the area where the vibration is coming from. The result is now a tighter and rattle free sounding bass.
Old 10-28-15, 08:07 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Interesting, the ventilated seats actually work? I don't get any noticeable airflow on mine.

I remember reading a while ago that it was recommended to put a cardboard dam on the floor at the back of the seat. I haven't tried it, I just gave up on the useless feature. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll have to ask about it.
When I was still shopping the NX, I test drove a model with ventilated seats and the airflow was a very noticeable. I just remember the airflow being shockingly strong. I loved it. Just wish I could get it in the Fsport.

Definitely have the dealer look at it.
Old 10-28-15, 12:10 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by tresmith00
When I was still shopping the NX, I test drove a model with ventilated seats and the airflow was a very noticeable. I just remember the airflow being shockingly strong. I loved it. Just wish I could get it in the Fsport.

Definitely have the dealer look at it.
Mine is also very, very noticeable, to the point where it gets too cold (and I'm in Florida)
Old 10-28-15, 01:42 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Mine is also very, very noticeable, to the point where it gets too cold (and I'm in Florida)
How high up on your back does the air blow? Mine doesn't seem to blow higher than the lumbar support when fully inflated.
Old 10-28-15, 02:10 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Ok please don't stone me but I just discovered (by accident) that the gas lid locks. what a pleasant surprise and for some reason after months of owning this car I never noticed this.

I locked the car and I was going into the gas station to buy a drink and pay at the cashier rather than at the pump. half way to the door, I changed my mind about buying the drink since I was going to another store.

So I return to my locked car, tried to access the gas lid and it didn't open. I tried it a few times and I was so dumb founded. lol

It suddenly dawned on my to unlock the car and to my amazement, viola, the gas lid unlocked too.

What's really crazy is that one of my criticism about the NX is that it didn't have an inside switch to lock the gas lid.

All this time I thought the gas lid was left open cause Lexus was being cheap. lol
Old 10-28-15, 03:57 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Page 229 of the Owner's Manual below.

Old 10-29-15, 05:13 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
Page 229 of the Owner's Manual below.

uh yeah...I don't read manuals. lol
Old 10-29-15, 06:32 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by NXOwner
How high up on your back does the air blow? Mine doesn't seem to blow higher than the lumbar support when fully inflated.
I can fel it on my shoulders also.
Old 10-30-15, 09:37 AM
bcx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
1. It is so hard to find my memorized seat number at night cause it locates way down and it's dark.

3. Go to radio or music or changing the source are still taking too much time especially while driving. It is so distracting.

4. All the doors (interior) are so easy to get dirty (white marks) all over cause I accidentally and easily hit them with my shoes when we get in and out. Is there anyway to avoid this or any production i can use to clean it?

5. The brake, it has a little "click" feel when you first gently step on it. Is it normal? i asked the salesman he said it's fine.

6. If i want the phone to plug in to charge as well as having it outside the center storage, then i have no where to put it. I have to put it in the cup holder.

9. No digital clock, it takes me extra 3 secs to read the analog.
These I especially agree with. Good to know the brake click thing isn't just me because I thought it was something wrong as well.

One question I'll add:

The other day I was in the garage without my key and I could open the side door after days of not driving the car. I thought the car automatically locks after 60 seconds?
Old 10-30-15, 11:51 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

One question I'll add:

The other day I was in the garage without my key and I could open the side door after days of not driving the car. I thought the car automatically locks after 60 seconds?
Only if you unlocked a locked car and did not open a door.
Old 10-31-15, 04:47 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all!

Been awhile since I've posted -- been loving my NX since 7/20, and just turned 4K miles yesterday!
So far no squeaks, rattles, or otherwise!

Okay couple of neat little discoveries...

Maybe someone has mentioned it previously, but I love that a magnet is embedded in the sunglasses holder lid to keep it from sliding or "jumping off"; a nice little touch!

I also noticed that when I put the car in reverse at night, my fog lights - or actually, the cornering lights come on, maybe to aid in backing out of a parking spot...? Anyone else notice this???

Not really an interesting find/discovery, but my PCS system kicked on yesterday! I was moving into the right-hand lane doing about 40; just as I tapped my blinker stalk, the car in front of me (in the right-hand lane) decided to make a sudden right turn. Instantly, my TFT screen, which was set to the "turbometer", turned orange (it said something on the screen, but happened so fast that I couldn't read it), a "new" alarm I haven't heard before (very fast multi-beeps) sounded, and the brakes engaged. It all happened in an instant, and the moment the car was sufficiently out of the lane and fully into their turn, everything went back to normal.

So, I got to see the PCS/accident avoidance system in action!
Not something I want to experience again, but so glad it did its job SUCCESSFULLY!

Best,
dCota
Old 11-02-15, 09:30 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Sorry if this has been discussed.

I really don't like that lexus placed the front speakers up on the dash, so close to the windshield. Just because even at low volumes there's alot of sound leakage. The sound goes straight through the windshield to outside.

So much so that if I'm on the phone call, using car's bluetooth, people on the outside can hear the person who I'm talking to loud and clear.

My 2012 camry had the same speaker set up and I had the same issue so it's a fair assumption that the sound is leaking from those dash speakers.
Old 11-09-15, 07:53 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I might have missed this but here it is :

Short people or if it annoys you , you can switch the headrest around put it on backwards. It fits perfectly and is out of the way. It's also still functional in a accident.
Old 11-09-15, 09:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
I might have missed this but here it is :

Short people or if it annoys you , you can switch the headrest around put it on backwards. It fits perfectly and is out of the way. It's also still functional in a accident.
Uhh...I wouldn't recommend turning the headrest around...it wasn't designed that way, so it could be potentially dangerous to do that. The headrests were designed to absorb impact and reduce injury from rear-end collisions, and getting it "out of the way" increases spaces between head and seat which causes more severe whiplash injuries.
Old 11-10-15, 08:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by badkulo
If I may, I would like to add my findings on the subwoofer rattling issue. Even with the license plate off, I could still hear the bass rattle. With the volume turned up highier, I was able to located the location of the rattle at the center of the inner rear hatch. If I put pressure on the plastic surroundings next to the subwoofer, the rattle is gone. I am quite disappointed that Lexus didnt make sure theres enough backing material to enclose the subwoofer. My solution was to pop open the small square cover and stuff as many micro fiber clothes I could to enclose the area where the vibration is coming from. The result is now a tighter and rattle free sounding bass.
Yep, that'll work. I went a little more extreme with the polyurethane foam and big difference before/after: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ibrations.html

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)