NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 07:32 AM
tmknight
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control: Fresh and Recirculate Settings

Has anyone else noted that the fresh and recirculate settings are "remembered" between the various modes? I keep it on fresh most of the time, but started seeing when I changed modes (i.e. from where it was blowing and if defrost, etc) the fresh/recirc would change. Thought it was just how it worked, but then noticed if I changed that setting and left and returned it would "remember" the setting. Unless I'm fooling myself - I like that it does that.

Anyone else?
Old 03-20-16, 12:10 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmknight
Has anyone else noted that the fresh and recirculate settings are "remembered" between the various modes?

Anyone else?
Yeah, it's pretty standard. So if you use the front defroster, it automatically uses recirculate instead of fresh air.

It's built into the climate control software, even my Honda does that
Old 03-21-16, 12:15 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

This week while sitting in traffic, I kind of worked out that the NX's cruise control can automatically stop and go in heavy traffic. I can't work out how to use it properly though, only had it on for 5 minutes before I freaked out too much that it was driving itself.

Might have another go today if I'm feeling risky .
Old 03-21-16, 01:37 PM
ishimoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
This week while sitting in traffic, I kind of worked out that the NX's cruise control can automatically stop and go in heavy traffic. I can't work out how to use it properly though, only had it on for 5 minutes before I freaked out too much that it was driving itself.

Might have another go today if I'm feeling risky .
I drove yesterday about 1000km on the highway, set cruise control to 145km/h, and I did;t use once, my foot. it was driving all time just fine. even when lot of traffic sometimes it went down to about 30km/h. it was all doing by itself. it was an amazing experience, and my foots where very happy.

Old 03-21-16, 01:50 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ishimoto
I drove yesterday about 1000km on the highway, set cruise control to 145km/h, and I did;t use once, my foot. it was driving all time just fine. even when lot of traffic sometimes it went down to about 30km/h. it was all doing by itself. it was an amazing experience, and my foots where very happy.

I think the adaptive radar cruise and the "stop-and-go" are two different funtions. The radar cruise deactivates under 40km/h and you need to switch to traffic mode by pushing the stalk to resume.

This morning I used it off the highway ramp when all the cars were piled up. Once the car in front has stopped, the display will show "Waiting". Once the car in front has moved, it will show " Proceeding vehicle movement, press resume on stalk or depress accelerator". You just push up on the stalk and it continues to follow the car in front.

I wish it would just automatically move when the car in front does. I'm pretty sure the Mercedes system does this but I'm not completely sure.
Old 03-21-16, 01:53 PM
ishimoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I think the adaptive radar cruise and the "stop-and-go" are two different funtions. The radar cruise deactivates under 40km/h and you need to switch to traffic mode by pushing the stalk to resume.

This morning I used it off the highway ramp when all the cars were piled up. Once the car in front has stopped, the display will show "Waiting". Once the car in front has moved, it will show " Proceeding vehicle movement, press resume on stalk or depress accelerator". You just push up on the stalk and it continues to follow the car in front.

I wish it would just automatically move when the car in front does. I'm pretty sure the Mercedes system does this but I'm not completely sure.
I was on the highway so I hadn't to stop. but yes you re correct if it stays with speed 0, you have to do some action and that is the correct way. it could be that with a lot of traffic the car before you goes again, but for you the traffic light is already red. so if it would follow that could be a problem.
Old 03-21-16, 01:55 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ishimoto
it could be that with a lot of traffic the car before you goes again, but for you the traffic light is already red. so if it would follow that could be a problem.
That's very true. I didn't think of that!
Old 03-21-16, 10:34 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I recently realized that if I have the volume turned up (say, to 15) when listening to FM radio, then I switch to XM and have the volume at 7 (for example), when I switch back to FM, the volume is remembered and goes to 15. Then I go back to XM and it's back down to 7. Very cool!
Old 03-22-16, 03:57 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Here's a not so good discovery, hoping it would have been "corrected" compared to the RX.

Closing the power hatch is a longish 8 seconds and you cannot lock the car until it's closed. You cannot force it closed manually, unless you disable the power feature in the multi-information display.

To disable the hatch:

BUT, to manually operate it afterwards, you need to apply a noticeable amount of force.
The car can be locked with the key fob while the rear hatch is closing.
Old 03-22-16, 03:59 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miop4000
That is true, I use it every day.

Last edited by TeaAholic1; 03-22-16 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-22-16, 06:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by miop4000
true but i want a fob-free experience. Touching the lock dimples on the door handles or the lock **** beside the rear hatch release button, does not work. It's a mystery to me why Lexus would program the fob to lock the car and not the above two options while the hatch is closing.
Old 03-23-16, 03:53 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
true but i want a fob-free experience. Touching the lock dimples on the door handles or the lock **** beside the rear hatch release button, does not work. It's a mystery to me why Lexus would program the fob to lock the car and not the above two options while the hatch is closing.
would be nice especially considering how long it takes for the hatch to close
Old 03-23-16, 04:56 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can still use the lock switch on the inside door.
Old 03-23-16, 03:46 PM
tmknight
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Noticed that pretty early on going between FM an dBT...very handy indeed.

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I recently realized that if I have the volume turned up (say, to 15) when listening to FM radio, then I switch to XM and have the volume at 7 (for example), when I switch back to FM, the volume is remembered and goes to 15. Then I go back to XM and it's back down to 7. Very cool!
Old 03-23-16, 06:17 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

During a wet snowy drive.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)