NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 02:11 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have heard the sub is in the rear door, at least that is what i saw on one video review of the NX. How true that is I really don't know, don't have my NX yet. Hopefully this week though, maybe.

As for replacing, I won't do it, I am not in the car enough and don't have a good enough ear to warrant that kind of upgrade. I know it is not for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't for others.

Here is the link to the section of the video review that talked about the subwoofer, if the link to doesn't take you to the 26:45 mark of the video go to that, you can get to that link from the youtube page as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRrd...ts=1421914688#

Phil
Old 01-27-15, 05:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Mehul1456
Does anyone know the location/size of the subwoofer on the 10 speaker system?

Also what are everyone's thoughts on upgrading the speakers. I was thinking of replacing with JBL Power series speakers ( and an amp under the front seat of in the spare tire area)through out. It kinda sucks that all the speaker sizes are in cm instead if inches. I imagine this discrepancy will call for adapters for installation of new speakers.
Sub is on the rear hatch.

Not an audiophile and no plans on upgrading the speakers but I took this pic - hopefully this helps.
Attached Thumbnails NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-nx_sub.jpg  
Old 01-27-15, 06:42 PM
Patgar
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav System when radio is on.....

Very disappointed to find out nav system does not automatically lower volume of the music/radio when giving vocal directions....I was used to that in my q5 and I know the GLK also offers that. Am I missing something?

Also realized that enform system does not include traffic info and the apps in Canada. Do you guys know if there is chance of some kind of upgrade later?

Aside from that, loving my new NX!

Thanks!
Old 01-27-15, 07:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Patgar
Very disappointed to find out nav system does not automatically lower volume of the music/radio when giving vocal directions....I was used to that in my q5 and I know the GLK also offers that. Am I missing something?

Also realized that enform system does not include traffic info and the apps in Canada. Do you guys know if there is chance of some kind of upgrade later?

Aside from that, loving my new NX!

Thanks!
Congrats on your new NX and welcome to the forum!

Haven't played much with the Nav yet but note you can set the fixed Nav volume in Nav options.

Sorry, no Enform and related services in Canada. Lexus Canada's response was: due to marketing studies indicating the need is not present for Enform in Canada at this time.
Old 01-27-15, 07:02 PM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the traffic information in the US uses HD Radio.
Old 01-27-15, 07:15 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
I believe the traffic information in the US uses HD Radio.
Correct. Traffic and Radio use HD radio
Old 01-28-15, 12:25 PM
Patgar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on your new NX and welcome to the forum!

Haven't played much with the Nav yet but note you can set the fixed Nav volume in Nav options.

Sorry, no Enform and related services in Canada. Lexus Canada's response was: due to marketing studies indicating the need is not present for Enform in Canada at this time.
Hi Corrado,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I can set the volume but I thought that if my radio is on when my NAV needs to give me instructions, it would reduce the volume of the radio so I can hear the instruction. At the moment, the NAV would talk at the same time as the radio, so it's very hard to understand...
Old 01-28-15, 01:27 PM
Mehul1456
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Sub is on the rear hatch.

Not an audiophile and no plans on upgrading the speakers but I took this pic - hopefully this helps.
Nice! Thanks! Thats does help. Now only if there was info on the power and impedance ratings of the speakers.

Anyone taken a look at the Ohm Draw or RMS power of the speakers?
Old 02-03-15, 07:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Dirt Trap

A prior member pointed out this as a design flaw and I must agree. In the rear door trim interfacing the wheel well, the gap traps a lot of dirt especially in winter. Tricky to remove with just a rag as the dirt jams in the bottom crevice, you'll need a brush or powerwash to remove it all.
Attached Thumbnails NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-nx_dirttrap.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 02-03-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-03-15, 09:45 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Patgar

Thanks!
This is the way Toyota/Lexus navigation systems have always been in my experience (2009 RX, 2010 RX, 2013 GS, 2014 IS, 2014 Venza). Honda/Acura systems also automatically lower the music volume.

My work around is to almost max out the voice prompts.
Old 02-05-15, 03:02 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So for those who have an iPhone 6+ and are getting the optional Qi charger for your phone as part of their package...you'll be happy (not really) to know that it does not fit in the quick charging tray...its about 3/4 inch to long for the tray.
the regular iPhone 6 on the other hand will fit no problem .... but not the 6+

I believe the Samsung Note 4 will not fit either as it is about the same size in length as the iPhone 6+...
Attached Thumbnails NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-img_2728.jpg   NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-img_2729.jpg   NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-img_2730.jpg  
Old 02-05-15, 03:39 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

for the QI charging tray, I thought it was a bad decision to mold the indentation into the tray. They should have left it flat and have some sort of adjustable wall/peg so this type of thing wouldn't happen.
Old 02-05-15, 03:46 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by typocl
for the QI charging tray, I thought it was a bad decision to mold the indentation into the tray. They should have left it flat and have some sort of adjustable wall/peg so this type of thing wouldn't happen.
I'm assuming it was so that it is held into place so when u brake, it stays in the tray
Old 02-05-15, 04:29 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I thought the iPhone wasn't compatible with the charger anyways so its all moot
Old 02-05-15, 05:06 PM
ALE81
Driver

Iphone is compatible if you buy a qi enabled case.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)