NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-15, 08:31 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not bought a Qi charger case for my iPhone 6+ but it pseudo fits meaning the lid will close if you put the 6+ into the front of the tray with the other side sticking up over the rear of the mold. (Won't close if 6+ is up over the front of the mold). No idea if it would charge at that slight raised angle.

I put my 6+ in there all the time. But in my case it is a $125 glorified phone HOLDER.
Old 02-05-15, 09:24 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
No idea if it would charge at that slight raised angle.
From what I understand, there needs to direct contact with no elevation in order to charge. At least that is how the desktop Qi chargers I've seen work....but don't take that as a hard answer unless someone tries it.
There are wireless Qi charging receiver cards that slide between your current case and your iPhone on amazon that I may try...they sell for 14$ so its not a big deal if its a bust.

Amazon.com: Firstway®Thin qi wireless charging receiver card for iPhone 6 Plus qi wireless charger card / Chip,adding any our favorite phone case to cover it.Qi wireless charger needs the qi pad + qi receiver(built-in or added-in) BOTH for MUST!-The qi pad NOT included here!: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Firstway®Thin qi wireless charging receiver card for iPhone 6 Plus qi wireless charger card / Chip,adding any our favorite phone case to cover it.Qi wireless charger needs the qi pad + qi receiver(built-in or added-in) BOTH for MUST!-The qi pad NOT included here!: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 02-06-15, 10:06 PM
NurseDMB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my thoughts

So I saw somewhere that someone said when you have the automatic lift gate that you have to wait for it to close before locking the car. Not true on mine. I push their that's button to close it, hit lock on my fob and walk off and you get the standard beep when you lock it and the lift hate still isn't closed.

Also this thing is pretty peppy! More than I remember it during the test drive. This is my first Lexus and I am impressed. Have had bmw and acura before and I really like the design and quality of Lexus.

One issue though and it makes me nervous a little. When I got into my car and cranked in the odometer read "9790 miles" for about 3-4 seconds and then it switch to "220" miles. I almost died when I saw the 9790 mileage on the odometer. Anyone else have this issue? It just stayed there for a few seconds but still
Old 02-06-15, 10:33 PM
IcyStone
Driver School Candidate

Urgent Question:

New here, see this is the most active topic, seeking a quick reply, so I will post here.

Would any Lexus expert on the forum here please confirm HOW does the 2015 NX 200t ALL WHEEL DRIVE work?

I am deciding between an BMW X3 28i and Lexus NX 200t....really tough decision cause I got $3000 loyalty off the BMW.

I have heard from 2 different things from 2 different Lexus Sales Manager 1) is that the 2015 Lexus NX 200t AWD is actually front wheel drive, AWD ONLY activates when rear wheel needed powers during a slip of some sort...unlike the X3, it is all-time 60% rear and 40% front so causing more fuel consumption less the NX 200T. 2) is that it is actually a 50 front and 50 rear all time AWD?

However, Lexus USA HQ says its only front wheel on AWD, rear gets power only under critical conditions.

Can anyone who have already bought the NX200T confirm this on the 2015 Lexus NX 200T operational manual?

Deeply appreciate anyone's quick reply...I am seeking to close the deal fairly soon tmr with either lexus or bmw after I get your advice and reply!

Thanks again!
Old 02-06-15, 10:40 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NurseDMB
So I saw somewhere that someone said when you have the automatic lift gate that you have to wait for it to close before locking the car. Not true on mine. I push their that's button to close it, hit lock on my fob and walk off and you get the standard beep when you lock it and the lift hate still isn't closed.

Also this thing is pretty peppy! More than I remember it during the test drive. This is my first Lexus and I am impressed. Have had bmw and acura before and I really like the design and quality of Lexus.

One issue though and it makes me nervous a little. When I got into my car and cranked in the odometer read "9790 miles" for about 3-4 seconds and then it switch to "220" miles. I almost died when I saw the 9790 mileage on the odometer. Anyone else have this issue? It just stayed there for a few seconds but still
Possibly this?

Maintenance required information:
Displays the remaining distance until the engine oil should be changed.
• Displays the maintenance required information when the engine switch is in IGNITION ON mode.
• It can be reset from the“settings display” of the multi-information display. (P.91)
Old 02-06-15, 10:41 PM
NurseDMB
Driver School Candidate

I believe #1 is the correct answer. It only activates when slipping is present and it sends 50% of the power to rear wheels. That is my understanding of how the NX system works.
Old 02-06-15, 10:43 PM
NurseDMB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pesttt
Possibly this?

Maintenance required information:
Displays the remaining distance until the engine oil should be changed.
• Displays the maintenance required information when the engine switch is in IGNITION ON mode.
• It can be reset from the“settings display” of the multi-information display. (P.91)
YES! That must be it. Man I don't like that! Lol. I will go check out settings and change it! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-06-15, 11:07 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

YES! That must be it. Man I don't like that! Lol. I will go check out settings and change it! Thanks for the heads up!
You're welcome...the first time I saw it on mine, my heart almost dropped too as I had no idea what that meant...but a quick check in the manual helped me sleep better
Congrats on the car!
Old 02-06-15, 11:11 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IcyStone
Urgent Question:

New here, see this is the most active topic, seeking a quick reply, so I will post here.

Would any Lexus expert on the forum here please confirm HOW does the 2015 NX 200t ALL WHEEL DRIVE work?

I am deciding between an BMW X3 28i and Lexus NX 200t....really tough decision cause I got $3000 loyalty off the BMW.

I have heard from 2 different things from 2 different Lexus Sales Manager 1) is that the 2015 Lexus NX 200t AWD is actually front wheel drive, AWD ONLY activates when rear wheel needed powers during a slip of some sort...unlike the X3, it is all-time 60% rear and 40% front so causing more fuel consumption less the NX 200T. 2) is that it is actually a 50 front and 50 rear all time AWD?

However, Lexus USA HQ says its only front wheel on AWD, rear gets power only under critical conditions.

Can anyone who have already bought the NX200T confirm this on the 2015 Lexus NX 200T operational manual?

Deeply appreciate anyone's quick reply...I am seeking to close the deal fairly soon tmr with either lexus or bmw after I get your advice and reply!

Thanks again!
its definitely #1.
I looked quickly in the manual and it doesn't really mention how much but whatever I've read online says that "up to 50% of power gets transferred to the back wheels" .

here is what the manual says:

298 4-5. Using the driving support systems
◆ Dynamic Torque Control AWD system (if equipped)
Automatically switches from front-wheel drive to all-wheel drive (AWD) according to the driving conditions, helping to ensure reliable handling and stability. Examples of conditions where the system will switch to AWD are when cornering, going uphill, starting off or accelerating, and when the road surface is slippery due to snow, rain, etc.

Again this was a quick search...hope it helped answer your question...if not maybe someone else can
Old 02-09-15, 03:39 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

When I got into my car and cranked in the odometer read "9790 miles" for about 3-4 seconds and then it switch to "220" miles. I almost died when I saw the 9790 mileage on the odometer. Anyone else have this issue? It just stayed there for a few seconds but still
Note that you can change this "maintenance required" setting, but you can only reset it (as in the situation that you just had the vehicle serviced). You cannot prevent it from being displayed for a few seconds each time the car is started.
Old 02-09-15, 09:11 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pesttt
its definitely #1.
I looked quickly in the manual and it doesn't really mention how much but whatever I've read online says that "up to 50% of power gets transferred to the back wheels" .

here is what the manual says:

298 4-5. Using the driving support systems
◆ Dynamic Torque Control AWD system (if equipped)
Automatically switches from front-wheel drive to all-wheel drive (AWD) according to the driving conditions, helping to ensure reliable handling and stability. Examples of conditions where the system will switch to AWD are when cornering, going uphill, starting off or accelerating, and when the road surface is slippery due to snow, rain, etc.

Again this was a quick search...hope it helped answer your question...if not maybe someone else can
There's also a differential lock switch that splits the power 50/50, but it only stays engaged up to 30mph.
Old 02-13-15, 11:08 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Here are a few more nice / not nice features.
When driving, and your fuel supply gets low, the navigation comes on and shows you a selection of the nearest fuel stations in your immediate area. Select one and it will navigate you.

If you have any of the windows slightly or fully lowered and you exit the car, the drivers information panel will inform you with a visual and bong that your window is not fully closed.

Finally, open any one of the NX doors and you will notice the absence of any light or reflector for approaching motorists. The doors appear to have a triangle areas where it looks like a good spot for at least a reflector, but nothing is presently installed. Just thought it was odd.

Enjoying the NX nevertheless,
Cheers to all.
Ray
Old 02-13-15, 11:25 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rayzer57
Here are a few more nice / not nice features.
When driving, and your fuel supply gets low, the navigation comes on and shows you a selection of the nearest fuel stations in your immediate area. Select one and it will navigate you.
I'll only be impressed if when you pick the fuel station, that the car drives there itself! lol
Old 02-13-15, 09:33 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rayzer57
. N open any one of the NX doors and you will notice the absence of any light or reflector for approaching motorists. The doors appear to have a triangle areas where it looks like a good spot for at least a reflector, but nothing is presently installed. Just thought it was odd.
It is odd. I popped the bottom side of the door panels to have a look around and honestly it looks like the NX is wired for a courtesy light. There is a wiring harness down at the bottom-rear section inside the door panel. But obviously we have no courtesy door lights (at least not in the US).
Old 02-15-15, 05:44 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

I was driving through DC and the navigation system shows 3D models of the buildings.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)