NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus "app"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 06:15 PM
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus "app"

Since it is currently 6 degrees F here at the moment and I won't have my NX until next month I am eager to find out about the Lexus "app" that will allow me to remote start the NX. Does anyone know if the app will allow the heated seats to come on with the engine if I've left the seats on when I turned off the vehicle?
It's about 3/4 of a mile from my parking space to my office and a toasty interior plus the seats warmed up sure would be nice!
Old 01-07-15, 06:24 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

We don't get the remote phone app in Canada, but I can tell you that if the heated seats were on from the last time you turned off the car, they remain on when you start the car with the key fob present.
Old 01-07-15, 06:41 PM
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info, Corrado! My plan was to leave the seats on in the morning when exiting the vehicle and then remote starting in the evening on the way home. I was hoping the temp settings and seat settings would stay set. That is if my wife will let me drive it to work a few times)
Old 01-07-15, 06:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

No problem and of course the heating fan at the prior set temp stays on too.

Only things that must be started manually each time the car is turned on are the defrosters, wiper deicer, and heated steering wheel.
Old 01-08-15, 08:10 AM
Yuchan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
We don't get the remote phone app in Canada, but I can tell you that if the heated seats were on from the last time you turned off the car, they remain on when you start the car with the key fob present.
I know our vehicle is equipment ready for the Lexus Enform apps. However, we can’t download the apps in Canada. I was wondering if I can find a way to download the apps, would it work in Canada? I was very looking forward for this feature before I purchase the vehicle. In addition, at this moment in Canada, we do not have many accessories opinion for this vehicle. I can’t even buy remote starter from Lexus Dealership. T_T
Old 01-08-15, 12:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I am waiting an official response from Lexus Canada on the lack of Enform. I believe it is a CRTC issue.
Old 01-08-15, 12:42 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Corrado, forgive my ignorance, but what is CRTC?
Old 01-08-15, 01:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

It's the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission regulations body and they have a tight leash on all aspects related to communications. Enform uses some combination of cellular and/or XM internet signals so I suspect the hurdle is in getting some form of technical and/or regulatory clearance for the service to be available to Canadians. Just speculating though...
Old 01-09-15, 06:22 AM
Yuchan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I am waiting an official response from Lexus Canada on the lack of Enform. I believe it is a CRTC issue.
Keep us updated please! We really need that feature in Ontario, Canada. Especially, this week's low temperature!
Old 01-10-15, 07:44 AM
GregsLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote Start

I have an NX--Love it
The remote app will allow the vehicle to run for 10 minutes and you can only start the vehicle 2 times without driving it.
Old 01-10-15, 07:46 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't Get Excited for Enform Remote

I bought a 2015 NX on 12/29/14. I have had constant problems and still have not had the app even register. There was a two week problem in which the new vehicle VIN's were not loaded correctly, so the dealer could not complete the Enform registration.

That was finally completed two days ago, and now the app has been in a pending state for 48 hours since adding the VIN and access code. Now when I open the app I get the error of "We are unable to activate Lexus Enform Remote smartphone notifications for your account". I even called the Enform Support number and mentioned the error in the previous post, his suggestion..."might have to wait longer".

No idea what that means, needless to say I have been less then impressed with this part of my "Lexus Experience". Support for Enform has been some of the worst support I have ever received when dealing with technology, and that's includes what I deal with every day as a Network Engineer.
Old 01-10-15, 02:18 PM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

With temps in the single digits, I've used the app almost daily to start the car. The app also does a good job of showing key details about the NX such as door lock status, miles to empty, multiple odometer readings.. I've included a few pictures of the app. It also sends notifications to your phone the status of the latest command that was requested. One alert that is helpful is it will send you a notification if the vehicle is left in an unlocked status.

Last edited by Lexuspa3; 01-10-15 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-11-15, 01:32 PM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexuspa3
With temps in the single digits, I've used the app almost daily to start the car. The app also does a good job of showing key details about the NX such as door lock status, miles to empty, multiple odometer readings.. I've included a few pictures of the app. It also sends notifications to your phone the status of the latest command that was requested. One alert that is helpful is it will send you a notification if the vehicle is left in an unlocked status.
@Lexuspa3 Did you have to do anything special to get the app to work? Mine has been stuck as "Pending" for days now, and Lexus customer support has no ideas on how to fix it. Thanks.
Old 01-11-15, 07:41 PM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

I called Lexus Customer Support and they activated the service. They did have me go out to the car and activate it on my end by calling Lexus Support through the SOS button. Took about 3 hours before it activated. Good Luck!
Old 01-12-15, 08:20 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for posting those screen shots, it is much easier to understand what is available that way.

One question though, what commands can you send other than starting the car?

Quick Reply: Lexus "app"