NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote Start with FOB

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-15, 09:39 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using the app to remote start my car in the morning. But whenever I go to open the driver door the car turns off. This even happens when I've unlocked the car.

Is there a sequence that needs to be done to prevent the car from turning off in this situation?
Old 02-07-15, 10:08 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
I've been using the app to remote start my car in the morning. But whenever I go to open the driver door the car turns off. This even happens when I've unlocked the car.

Is there a sequence that needs to be done to prevent the car from turning off in this situation?
As a safety/anti theft measure the car is meant to turn off...always, when the door is opened or a couple other things take place.
Old 02-08-15, 07:32 AM
LexusinLI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working

Mine worked, 200t.

I will tell you though that I was/am extremely disappointed with my dealership and their lack of knowledge on the product. When I asked if the car had remote start, the salesperson didn't know and had to go ask. When he returned he told me that yes it does but it's an app on the phone. What he failed to tell me was that the remote start was part of the Enform package and that it was a recurring subscription service. When I found out a week later and confronted him he admitted that he left that out but the dealership refused to do anything about it. Anyway, just a heads up for anyone that has not bought the vehicle yet.
Old 02-08-15, 06:12 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Remote Start with FOB

I was finally able to get the Enform Remote application activated. So far it has worked really well.

One interesting thing that I came across that I am not sure how many people know , after having the Enform Remote activated, you can then use Key FOB to also remotely start your vehicle. It is funny Lexus does not really mention this or promote it.

You simply press the "Lock" button three times and on the third press you just hold the button down until you see the lights flash an additional time. The car will then start a few seconds later.

Comes in handy now and then when you don't want to use the phone app. So far I have tested it up to 50-60 feet away and it has worked without issue.

My question is do you need the Lexus Enform activated in order to program the KEY FOB, and why?
Old 02-08-15, 06:42 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4482
My question is do you need the Lexus Enform activated in order to program the KEY FOB, and why?
I can't answer this as we have ENFORM, but I did get this to work with the FOB. I think it might be linked to ENFORM in terms of the ECU and having the remote start as part of that and the FOB is just a secondary option that also works, but that is just a guess.

I found from me personal experience with using the FOB that you have to hit the "lock" button pretty quick the 1st 2 times before holding it for the 3rd time to get it to work. I tried doing it slower, like about 1 second in between presses and it wouldn't work that way.

Maybe someone without ENFORM can test it, or someone at a dealership with one that doesn't have ENFORM can test there.

Phil
Old 02-09-15, 03:09 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4482
Default Remote Start with FOB

I was finally able to get the Enform Remote application activated. So far it has worked really well.

One interesting thing that I came across that I am not sure how many people know , after having the Enform Remote activated, you can then use Key FOB to also remotely start your vehicle. It is funny Lexus does not really mention this or promote it.

You simply press the "Lock" button three times and on the third press you just hold the button down until you see the lights flash an additional time. The car will then start a few seconds later.

Comes in handy now and then when you don't want to use the phone app. So far I have tested it up to 50-60 feet away and it has worked without issue.

Yes, for the remote start, it needs to have both an activate subscription for LEXUS ENFORM SAFETY CONNECT AND ENFORM REMOTE

Free for the first year of ownership, after that, the Remote Start functionality is disabled and can be re-activated at anytime by subscribing to both LEXUS ENFORM SAFETY CONNECT & ENFORM REMOTE
Old 02-11-15, 06:14 PM
Kthai703
Driver School Candidate

Just tested its works
Old 03-01-15, 07:05 AM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emoowear
Thanks!

Sorry, Should've been clearer; I'm enjoying everything about the car except Enform. It has frozen a few times on me but luckily, fingers crossed, it doesn't require anything more than a reboot. (had to turn off the engine and on again)
HI, I am a newNX200T Fsport owner as well - I am having ton of problem with the enform remote ? been on the phone with lexus 5 times and the remote start does not work - keeps giving me the "unable to process"message
I can lock and unlock but no start
please let me know if you have any thoughts
thanks in advance
Old 03-01-15, 12:51 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

make sure the doors are locked and all windows closed before trying a remote start
Old 03-02-15, 07:12 AM
LexusinLI
Driver School Candidate

Default It's a 50-50 proposition

Originally Posted by typocl
make sure the doors are locked and all windows closed before trying a remote start
Using the app, my success rate is about 50%. It usually takes at least two tries, sometimes as many as five or six. I've called tech support many times and am done dealing with them. Unfortunately, it is what it is. Buyer beware.
Old 03-02-15, 07:40 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rspjr05
HI, I am a newNX200T Fsport owner as well - I am having ton of problem with the enform remote ? been on the phone with lexus 5 times and the remote start does not work - keeps giving me the "unable to process"message
I can lock and unlock but no start
please let me know if you have any thoughts
thanks in advance
What version of the APP do you have? They just released an update this past week I think and it seems to have helped a bit. I'm not saying it works 100% of the time, but it does seem to work more often on the 1st try and it seems to be a little bit quicker as well. I think the latest APP version is 1.1.0.

Phil
Old 03-02-15, 08:39 AM
gdcheng
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The version that I have on my iOS is 1.6.0. The app works, but it is very slow.
Old 03-02-15, 09:18 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Sorry I should have said I"m on Android, so they appear to be on different releases.

Phil
Old 03-02-15, 12:49 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

As a potential buyer I am researching this.

Is the only way to get remote start on Lexus via a subscription to Res+ or Enform?

This link for Res + lists a subscription of $65 per year
https://www.lexusresplus.com/overview/pricing.jsp

The Enform subscription looks like an Onstar type of thing with safety items that I probably would not want and costs $220 a year
http://www.lexus.com/enform/

I think some of the competitors offer this from the Key Fob without a subscription.
Old 03-03-15, 08:01 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The NX has key fob-based remote start. Read the thread above for more information.

Quick Reply: Remote Start with FOB