NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Luxury package

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-15, 01:43 PM
Holt2008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury package

Hi All! My wife is really interested in the NX as our RX is getting older. She does not like current RX size ( much bigger than our 2004 in her mind). She was interested in the luxury package. Curious on you alls thoughts of the value of the package and if you were happy that you did/ did not choose that option! Thanks!
Old 02-02-15, 02:16 PM
PsiStar

I have it.
Memory seat/mirror/steering wheel, etc are good with 2 drivers even if one is occasional.
I find the leather steering wheel kind of slippy. More so with gloves. Therefore I find myself using the heated steering wheel more that I thought. I didn't I would use it at all actually.
Ventilated front seats. I like the best. Keeps your back from being sweaty. A comical feature improvement ... switch to reverse flow the ventilation exhausting to the outside. Need I explain why? LOL
Moon roof, everyone wants whether they use it or not. I think the EnForm connection will tell you if the moon roof is left open. Who has never done that on a rainy day? But not absolutely certain that it does.
Lumbar support I will probably appreciate the most as when I do drive, it is for long trips.
Power rear door is ok. My wife is far more enamored with that than I tho.
Rain sensing wipers, LED running lights, & 18" wheels I don't care about too much
Old 02-02-15, 07:11 PM
pamiboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PsiStar
Ventilated front seats. I like the best. Keeps your back from being sweaty. A comical feature improvement ... switch to reverse flow the ventilation exhausting to the outside. Need I explain why? LOL
You are right.....Wonder what a loud exhaust note it would make...
Old 02-04-15, 04:37 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been pricing most of the cars we're looking at with the highest package, in this case the luxury one. For the NX I actually think it's a bit of a closer call between the premium and luxury packages than in others, especially if you were custom ordering anyway. This is because some of the perks in the Luxury package like power lifegate and heated steering wheel can be added on separately. It really depends how much you like all the extras in the luxury package, keeping in mind that it's a $2k jump from premium.

FWIW, I like the leather wrapped wheel in my current car. It's very smooth when I'm sliding my hands on it (for instance when coming out of a turn). My wife's IS gives off a scraping sound and feels rougher. After I drive her car for a little I forget about it and it blends into the background noise though.