NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

No door reflectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 05:55 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No door reflectors

Curious if any knows if Lexus will offer door reflectors! Almost every modern car, including other Lexus models, have some form of a door reflector located on the inside door panel so when the door opens during the evening approaching drivers would see. The doors themselves have a triangle type indentation or provisions for a reflector. Curious to hear what other owners may have or their opinion.
Enjoy,
Old 02-24-15, 07:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Yeah, interesting omission on Lexus' part. In fact, we noticed this from the first prototype pics made publicly available last Spring but thought they'd be there in Production form.

Did the Lexus engineers rely on the glossy Shimamoku wood or F Sport trim for (safety) reflectivity?
Old 08-24-19, 07:41 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Puddles

Hey I'm not here to call anyone out whatsoever. Personally, I'd never spend more than $40 on something that's so incredibly simple to install. All one needs is a small flathead screwdriver or pen knife to pry the tiny lenses off the bottom of your door. Unclip the Stock one, clip in the "Aftermarket" one. That easy! There is no way I'd buy something so small and overpriced from the Dealership - at $80-150 no less! This has to be the least expensive mod you'll ever do to whatever model Lexus you own.

As stated, I bought a few from this place - I even sent a few to members here for Free just to share the Companies Discount.

WindFireAuto

Or this Company that I just ordered 2 different ones from too. Now I can swap em out whenever I get bored with one logo.

AutomobileAddOns
Old 08-24-19, 07:47 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Apologies

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Hey I'm not here to call anyone out whatsoever. Personally, I'd never spend more than $40 on something that's so incredibly simple to install. All one needs is a small flathead screwdriver or pen knife to pry the tiny lenses off the bottom of your door. Unclip the Stock one, clip in the "Aftermarket" one. That easy! There is no way I'd buy something so small and overpriced from the Dealership - at $80-150 no less! This has to be the least expensive mod you'll ever do to whatever model Lexus you own.

As stated, I bought a few from this place - I even sent a few to members here for Free just to share the Companies Discount.

WindFireAuto

Or this Company that I just ordered 2 different ones from too. Now I can swap em out whenever I get bored with one logo.

AutomobileAddOns
Sorry folks, I posted this in the wrong Thread. Things get difficult with 4 screens open at once on a cell phone. I'll delete it if anyone wishes, but for now will leave it here until asked. Sorry!
Old 09-18-19, 02:16 PM
tekjunke
Rookie

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I ordered the Lexus ones a few days ago, looking forward to them. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-20-19, 07:24 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Are you talking about this on the door?

I too am surprised there isn't a light or anything on the door. Hell my 2009 w211 has lights on all 4 doors so when the door is opened you can see a bright red led light from the outside...
Probably way more involved if you want to start installing a custom light but you could always buy the reflective tape/sheet, then simply cut it to that exact shape and put it in those two areas. It wouldn't light up but it would at least reflect the light back to oncoming traffic if you do have your door open.

Some things like that I wonder how they get past the engineers or people that ultimately approve and sign off on things. Totally agree though, almost all modern cars have SOMETHING in the doors when they are open.

*Not the puddle lights that project the image on the ground. I'm amazed at how this has become a thing now. It looks so silly to me. Just give me clean white light, I don't want the brand displayed on the ground. Cheap Chinese crap years ago now finally becoming an "upgrade" with certain manufactures... MB..etc.

-Nigel
Old 10-23-19, 06:33 PM
arruda89
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Ordered and installed. Absolutely love it.

Also ordered the RCF illuminated door sills from the dealer today. Those ran me $345. YOLO lol
Old 10-29-19, 02:54 AM
jensi
Driver School Candidate

Looks nice. Where did you buy these? Whas they hard to install?
Old 10-29-19, 05:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

How hard is it to stick a piece reflective tape on the door? Next complaint.
Old 10-29-19, 05:18 AM
arruda89
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jensi
Looks nice. Where did you buy these? Whas they hard to install?

sorry I don’t know how I posted this in the NX section. It’s meant for the RCF section 😂😂
Old 10-29-19, 05:18 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nigel821
Cheap Chinese crap years ago now finally becoming an "upgrade" with certain manufactures... MB..etc.

-Nigel
Nigel, I guess now that the Germans have copy it, it is now cheap German crap.
Old 10-29-19, 05:19 AM
jensi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
How hard is it to stick a piece reflective tape on the door? Next complaint.
Hello. I was thinking about the light with the F logo Looks nice.
Old 10-29-19, 05:27 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jensi
Hello. I was thinking about the light with the F logo Looks nice.
Nigel thinks those FSport puddle lights are cheap Chinese crap, in this case, cheap Japanese crap. I like them personally, its a conversation piece.
Old 10-30-19, 08:17 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

There's a couple things you can do. Custom install an OE reflector or light of some other car on your door panel (some wiring will be involved) or reflective tape. check ebay for both
Old 11-03-19, 09:47 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
There's a couple things you can do. Custom install an OE reflector or light of some other car on your door panel (some wiring will be involved) or reflective tape. check ebay for both
If the NX has the same plastic plugs in the rear edges of its front doors like most other vehicles manufactured by Toyota, it should be possible to adapt one of the MIT amber flashing open door safety light kits to the NX. The dang things are so bright that they'll burn your eyeballs if you look directly at them.

MIT doesn't have kits specifically for the NX in its eBay store but it should be possible to adapt a kit designed for another model. It would take running the wires for them from the doors into the interior and connecting them to the circuit that lights the interior lights when a door is opened. It would be much easier if the NX had door courtesy lights. I've installed those on Toyotas with door courtesy lights and those kit versions were "plug and play".

I wonder if the MIT kit for the Lexus CT200h would be the most appropriate one to use for the NX since it doesn't have door courtesy lights either. Here's link to the MIT eBay page for it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIT-for-LEX...UAAOSw0cZZltja

These MIT safety light kits are of very high quality. I've installed them only on the driver's door since it's only the driver who is exposed when parallel parking on 2-way streets at night. I'd install them on both sides if we were parking on the left side of 1-way streets.

Quick Reply: No door reflectors