NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Dealer vs. Factory options

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 03:35 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer vs. Factory options

Since many of the NX's hitting dealers are not fully loaded it is very possible an option or 2 may be missing. I am curiou what can and cannot be added by the dealer?

For example:
- 60/ 40 folding seats
- lane departure system
- blind spot monitoring
- intuitive parking assist
- HUD - only available in Canada but may hit the US in 2016 or 2017
- QI wireless charger
- triple beam led headlights

which if any of these items are able to be added by the dealer and which are not? Since inventory at a dealer when you need a vehicle is what it is you may not be able to get the perfect vehicle in the color you want stock from the factory.
Old 03-30-15, 03:55 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I read here how one person was able to get the QI charger removed (along with the price) so the dealer could install it in another vehicle where the person wanted it.

I would think all the other stuff would cost a lot to do after the fact in labor, so probably better to do a special order which would take a while.
Old 03-30-15, 05:08 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Anything big and bulky with a tedious labor install process is not dealer installed. So basically everything minus the tiny qi charger.

Everything else requires either a long labor install process, door removal, or calibration which the dealers liability comes into question so factory order is the way to go. Custom ordering is pita though as dealers arent too open to the idea of ordering a non popular combo (customer may back out and leave them with a car).
Old 03-31-15, 11:36 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen any awd NX's in the US with the lane departure system with lane keep assist. Since the option is only $250 MSRP it surprises me. I see the new RDX will have this as an option. Very curious if it can be added aftermarket.
Old 03-31-15, 02:55 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

It's not gonna be an easy retrofit. If the system is like say a BMW, usually the process requires two components the brains of the unit and the camera. The brain is the easy labor as its basically going to need the turn signal feed and a connector to the ecu. The stereo camera which detects the drifting is usually mounted on the windshield. Need to get that and the calibrate. Usually this is easy only if the camera exists on the vehicle for say another purpose say auto wipers.

My thing order it with the easier and more solid at the time of build
Old 05-14-15, 09:04 AM
patcol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lane departure

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I haven't seen any awd NX's in the US with the lane departure system with lane keep assist. Since the option is only $250 MSRP it surprises me. I see the new RDX will have this as an option. Very curious if it can be added aftermarket.
............i received my Nx in feb 2015 it was ordered in dec. 2014. I took the next most common package that stickered at $48,253.00 and it has the lane departure and AWD. I believe the only option missing is the power REAR seats. I spent way more than i wanted for options i didn't need but now that i have Blind spot monitor , power lift gate, adaptive cruise , just to name a few. I`m glad i got them now. I was informed i might have to wait till aug. if i special ordered the car.
Old 05-14-15, 09:55 AM
Naren
Driver School Candidate

Default If you living in Columbus,Ohio area you can get all features

Search Inventory in Your Lexus dealer

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/yourl...delSubGroup=NX

Enter Zipcode - 43081

Select NX200t AWD

Package: Select Luxury Package

then you see the NX200t with all features (NO HUD)

Navigation System
Led headlamps with auto high beams
Pre-collision System
Blind spot monitor w/rear cross traffic alert
Intuitive parking assist
Lane departure alert with intelligent
Wireless charger
Inside mirror without compass

I tried to buy this vehicle from New york dealers but they are not able to bring this vehicle, I don't know how much true it is they said( because it is different region)

Last edited by Naren; 05-14-15 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-14-15, 01:01 PM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

I've been looking at Luxury package with NAV, and most of them come with BSM and LED. Some have Pre-collision, and some have Park Assist. I have yet to see one a car listed on the dealer site with Lane Departure in the DC area (looking at about 7 Lexus dealers).

And for these options, I wouldn't have the dealer mess with them as it may void the factory warranty.