NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Wireless charging tray size

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-15, 06:27 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yeah, had to make use of this tool. I recently got it and never had a use for it until now.

Of course, for your S6, this means no case or skin but a screen film protector should do the trick for some protection.

One other thing to note with my native Qi Nokia 830 is that the wireless charging is towards the bottom third of the phone which makes it finicky to charge in the NX's tray since it has to be in the right spot on the tray. If it moves a touch, it won't charge. I think it's my phone versus the tray since I have to place my phone on an exact spot on my desk Qi charger for the charging to work, otherwise it blinks and doesn't charge. Not sure where the charging contact area is on the S6, but hopefully it's more centered and in line with the centered location of the NX's charging area.

When you get it, post in this thread your experience (good or bad) so others can benefit too.
Do you know where can you get the Lexus Charger case for Iphone 5S(ones showed in the video)

front

hack
Old 10-16-15, 06:34 AM
phatm3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my NX yet, so I went to the dealership last night to test fit.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, with a very thin silicone protector, it does not fit in the QI charger. It sits at an angle. If I remove the silicone protector, then it fits.
I read that the phone would charge even at a slight angle, so hopefully it works like that, coz I would hate to remove the cover everytime I have to charge the phone.
Old 10-16-15, 07:26 AM
mike1021
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phatm3
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, with a very thin silicone protector, it does not fit in the QI charger. It sits at an angle. If I remove the silicone protector, then it fits.
I read that the phone would charge even at a slight angle, so hopefully it works like that, coz I would hate to remove the cover everytime I have to charge the phone.
Yep, same issue I have as well. I have the S6 Edge with a thin case (Spigen Air Cushion) and unfortunately it will not consistently charge at an angle. It works at first then disconnects. Without the case it works fine.
Old 10-16-15, 09:49 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by phatm3
Why didn't you try charging it while you were there, sitting in the vehicle, with the phone on the charger?
Old 10-16-15, 09:12 PM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Why didn't you try charging it while you were there, sitting in the vehicle, with the phone on the charger?
Yeah, should have, but was waiting for the manager to come out of his office, and by the time he came out, I had to leave for a party.
Was asking for status on my car.
Old 10-19-15, 08:54 AM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very disappointing, I have a 6 Plus, not only doesn't it fix, I can't close the console with the phone on the tray. I sent a message to the maker of the Qi charging tray and inquired about a option for larger phones but haven't heard back. If I can't use it I'd like to take it out.
Old 10-19-15, 12:54 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I like how the 2016 RX has their charging pad. It's up in front of the gear shifter on a completely flat area with an anti-slide mat on it.
Old 11-23-15, 02:16 PM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jrovito:

I'll sell you mine. If I can figure out how to remove one hinge pin. You might want to check if they are all prewired for the charger.
Old 06-17-19, 02:56 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I noticed the same. Noise when powering on and sure the coils are smart / moving....