When to buy the NX

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 07:35 AM
Philweezer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to buy the NX

Hi everyone,

I am finally in the market for a new car after having my RSX for 13 years. After much research, I've decided on the new NX 200t but I want to buy one when they are trying to close them out for the next year's version. Since the NX was released the end of last year/beginning of this year, when is the best time to buy one? Would the new versions be released the end of this year or summer 2016? Mind you, I can wait unless my car breaks down. Last question, my budget would only allow NAV or the F Sport package (unfortunately not both), which one is the better value?
Old 04-06-15, 07:59 AM
figjam1510
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Philweezer
Hi everyone,

I am finally in the market for a new car after having my RSX for 13 years. After much research, I've decided on the new NX 200t but I want to buy one when they are trying to close them out for the next year's version. Since the NX was released the end of last year/beginning of this year, when is the best time to buy one? Would the new versions be released the end of this year or summer 2016? Mind you, I can wait unless my car breaks down. Last question, my budget would only allow NAV or the F Sport package (unfortunately not both), which one is the better value?
I haven't seen any F-Sports w/o the Nav pack. If you want to decide between the two, you'll need to custom order. Personally, I would go with the F-sport for the better looking exterior. However, you'll miss a lot of tech features without the Nav pack. Given that you're not in a hurry to buy, you should save up to have both.
Old 04-06-15, 08:09 AM
Philweezer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by figjam1510
I haven't seen any F-Sports w/o the Nav pack. If you want to decide between the two, you'll need to custom order. Personally, I would go with the F-sport for the better looking exterior. However, you'll miss a lot of tech features without the Nav pack. Given that you're not in a hurry to buy, you should save up to have both.
Any guesses on when they would begin to close this model out? I'm not familiar with Lexus' product cycles but the ones I'm familiar with are usually mid year. I'm wondering if the December to Remember or next summer would be the time they're trying to get rid of this year's version.
Old 04-06-15, 08:09 AM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

In my opinion both versions of the NX look awesome, yes the F-Sport front bumper is great and I wish they had that option for the hybrid but I'm perfectly happy with my non- Fsport fascia, the car is gorgeous either way.

In terms of deciding either navigation or F-Sport package I would go with the Navigation, my opinion in based on what you will enjoy/use more. Yes the F-Sport look is great but are you actually going to enjoy it? It's a feature that other people will see not you, meanwhile navigation package has other cool and nice features as well, something that you will actually take advantage of. I also heard that the non-sport seats are more comfortable as well so I would think about what you will enjoy more.
Old 04-06-15, 08:14 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2015 was released internationally last summer (around August) and in the US just before Thanksgiving. There has been limited supply in the US and you may not see a model year closeout. Plus the 2016 may not have any changes.

This summer the 2016 RX will be hitting showrooms. Since that is the number 1 selling vehicle in N America logic tells me they won't release the 2016 NX until after the RX unless there are 0 changes for the NX.
Old 04-06-15, 08:22 AM
Philweezer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wildeklave
The 2015 was released internationally last summer (around August) and in the US just before Thanksgiving. There has been limited supply in the US and you may not see a model year closeout. Plus the 2016 may not have any changes.

This summer the 2016 RX will be hitting showrooms. Since that is the number 1 selling vehicle in N America logic tells me they won't release the 2016 NX until after the RX unless there are 0 changes for the NX.
Sounds like December to Remeber would be the ideal time.
Old 04-06-15, 08:27 AM
Kelmin
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

Since you're waiting until model year end clearout.
You never know... you might be able to feign as if you can only afford one, and maybe negotiate the pricing down to essentially get the NAV pack free?

I mean it would be year end clearance after all... IF you start at the beginning of the month and have time to go back to the dealership a few times, build up that rapport, your sales rep would be under pressure to make sales at the end of the month, but would also be more willing to make a deal as well

Either way I'm sure you'd be able to score a great bargain!
No clue on when the production year ends on the NX, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in to help.
Old 04-06-15, 11:55 AM
caruhgah
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if there would the chance that as the year goes on what you could get is only what the dealer has in stock and maybe not getting the other items you want, e,g. colour? Yes we have the NAV pkg but only in xxxx - take it or leave it. Maybe. It's a fine line to walk.
Old 04-06-15, 12:06 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am kind of dealing with this. One of the NJ dealers has been really good about getting back to me. They don't have what I want in stock right now. I want a rare color that does appear to be coming in the near future. They are able to get me my 2nd choice color but I will need to wait 4 weeks for a delivery. They are offering me $500 below what a couple of other dealers are offering as their True Car / Edmunds prices though.

This is the dealer that one of the posters on this site works for.