NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform Apps

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-15 | 09:31 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GlenK
Yes, I use them every time I drive the car for something. Use Bing, Saved Destination, and edestinations all the time. Pandora, Yelp, open table, and movie tickets. Use the Stocks app too at times. The longer the drive the more I use them. Saved and edestinations are particularly important to me. Love being able to send destinations to my car from phone or computer.
They need to do some work on edestinations. I tried to add a new address via the web site and it would not recognize it. This is a new street name that was added a couple months ago for the new building of a multi million dollar corporation. So you are basically out of luck. And by the way how is one supposed to send Lexus specific feedback like this? They should have a contact form or box right on that page that goes to the correct place. Again very simple things that Lexus overlooks.

-Mike
Old 06-05-15 | 09:35 PM
susar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikenj
I been trying to use all apps on my 2015 GS 350. First I wish there was some sort of way to send Lexus feedback on these apps so they can work to improve them. I setup Pandora which I also have setup on my iPhone but could not get it to work. Instead I just use it on my Iphone via Bluetooh whenever I was to listen to Pandora. Also the way it works is absurd, when I open the Lexus enform app on the phone in order to use Pandora it never connects and the app on the phone appears frozen. They set this up in a really crapy way. The car has a built in data connection which likely costs Lexus very little (they have hundreds of accounts so I'm sure they negotiated a pretty low rate) why isn't Lexus just using he native app on the car and the built in data connection for all apps? This junk about lunching an app of the phone to share a data connection then tying up the phone with this crapy app and hoping that it will connect is very poor.

On to the Enform Remote App. I love this app but it needs serious work and I wish I could submit feedback. Using the latest version on an Iphone 6 with iOS 8.4 even though I have e-mail notifications turned off on the App I still always get email notifications go figure. I reported this issue via a review of the app on the App Store since I found no other way to send feedback (the developers should add a way to do this either via the app or under the App Store app information). It really sucks that the car shuts off as soon as you open the door if you used the app to remote start it. They need to figure out a way around this. I do not know one person that has not complained about this. Even if this requires additional hardware to be added to the car, lets get it done! The app is slow, it needs work takes too long in my opinion to remote start the car/communicate with the car. This may be a combination of poor development and or slow data connection/crapy wireless carrier they are using in the car.

Also assuming the cell data connection on the car uses an external antenna on the car they need to improve the reception of the connection and continuously make improvement by updating the firmware to allow it to work better. If I had to take a wild guess they are probably using T-mobile or Sprint for the cell data service, both have crapy service in general. AT&T would be a much better/more reliable choice.

This car has a huge beautiful screen but still no Apple Carplay support, this is plain shameful. I also have not figured out how to setup Apple Eyes Free if the car even supports that. I find that Lexus continues to do a poor job with technology in general. There is so much more they could be doing right now with the hardware that is already on this vehicle. Lexus please work harder and look around at what everybody else is doing. Even other manufactures who make much cheaper cars than you have much better technology in their vehicles. You need more/better Developers and people with a bit more vision, you are under using technology that could be very useful to many like Apple Carplay, etc. Tired of spending tons of money and not getting much at all in Technology that I want/need to use. You need to start listening to your customers!

-Mike
So true! inconsistent and it mostly is very inefficient! I get notices that are wrong. I lock the car and come back and the car is not locked! The app sometimes closes in 1/2 hour and my stock report is not there, and sometimes it stays active for 12 hours!!!!! No one ever gets back to me when I call and then they use us my time on hold in the car! My old ES350 stocks were simpler and better and our new GMC is sooo much better. I bought this car for technology but my friend's Honda seems better as is the Audi!!!
Old 06-06-15 | 03:43 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

They need to do some work on edestinations. I tried to add a new address via the web site and it would not recognize it. This is a new street name that was added a couple months ago for the new building of a multi million dollar corporation. So you are basically out of luck. And by the way how is one supposed to send Lexus specific feedback like this? They should have a contact form or box right on that page that goes to the correct place. Again very simple things that Lexus overlooks.

-Mike
I am not having the issues you seem to be but here's a way to report it right here on this forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...r-service-271/
Old 06-06-15 | 05:58 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Yeah Apple Carplay, I do not understand why Lexus did not add this to this vehicle. It is really shameful! Specially on such a nice large size screen it would be a great replacement for all their crapy apps.

-Mike
As an Android user I want better Android support. Don't need carplay.

Actually, we are part of the issue since you are an avid Apple user and I am an avid Android user. If they side with 1 solution and not the other than they risk losing customers from the other side. An example would be if Lexus sides with Apple and offers no advanced Android support then they may get a few extra IOS customers but lose some Android users. If just say Acura sided with Android then they may gain a few customers that used to be Lexus customers.

Right now Android has more users than IOS and the gap is expected to increase in the next few years.

The rigt solution would probably be a dual system that can apply both of the advanced features from IOS and Android. Hyundai is the 1st manufacturer to use the Android Infotainment system for the 2016 Sonata while Toyoya and Ford are teaming up to improve on their home grown infotainment systems.

What will he future of infotainment hold? It may be a situation where the auto company gives you a system with certain features and then by using a micro sd card you can add functionality for IOS or Android. Or maybe it will be a hard drive solution where you can install various apps o support certain types of phones.

I have seen articles where the future of the auto market is less about the engine performance of the vehicle and more about the tech of the vehicle. The millenial generation has grown up with smart phones and will want full integration in their vehicles. Audi and Chevy already offer internet hot spot in the vehicle while many self driving features are becoming commonplace in vehicles. Features like rearview camera, radar cruise control, blind spot monitors, and other features will be more important to many car buyers vs. an engine with an extra 50 horsepower in the future.

Yahoo article on Android vs. IOS marketshare:
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/by-the-nu...842025474.html

Business Insider article on Android vs. IOS marketshare:
http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...t-share-2014-5
Old 06-06-15 | 06:30 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

I am an Apple guy with an iPhone 6 and I have no issues with what Lexus is doing. My 6 interacts great with the Enform system and I have no problems with any of them. They all work as advertised.
Old 06-06-15 | 06:29 PM
gooner
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GlenK
I am an Apple guy with an iPhone 6 and I have no issues with what Lexus is doing. My 6 interacts great with the Enform system and I have no problems with any of them. They all work as advertised.
Ditto. No issues with iOS,