NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX noise resolved issue/Lexus customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 04:14 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default NX noise resolved issue/Lexus customer service

Recently I posted about hearing a rubbing- like noise coming from my NX F Sport. I have noticed several others here that are having noise issues which sound very similar.
After leaving NX for a week ( 3 hour drive to dealership ) , they discovered that the noise was louder at the rear Differential and more noticed with the Differential lock on. The rear Differential was replaced, still heard some noise , and then replaced electronic Coupler as well .....noise now gone. They told me this was very rare, and the old parts are being sent back to Lexus for further study . I can tell you that during this experience, naturally I was upset after having the NX for only a month, but the Customer Service through this is like no other that I have experienced. The service adviser called me everyday to give me updates, and they went over this car thoroughly before they would let me have it back. I was very impressed with the mechanic who has been there 25+ years. Very knowledgeable. Adding to the fun and discouragement leaving the NX, the RX350 loaner had a screw in the front left tire which I needed to get repaired as it was leaking air. Don't know if I picked it up, or if it was a slow leak. Lexus paid for that, my NX was clean inside and out with a full tank of gas, and they made me feel great again about my car.The Sales Manager, Service Manager, Mechanic, Service Adviser all met we me to make sure I was satisfied before I left. The ride home was great, and everything seems fine now. I do not feel anyone can top Lexus customer service. I was treated royally. The mpg was at 26.9 as I returned home.
Another observation I would like to mention is I found the NX to be much more fun to drive than the RX350 loaner I had. In addition, I found the NX to be quieter in most situations, only when going over rough surfaced roads, the RX was better. I much preferred the steering and handling of the NX best, it is not sloppy at all, and the NX sound system is so much nicer than the RX that I had with the standard system. I find the new engine with the NX to be a gem....amazingly quiet, and will get you down the road. 75 and 80 MPH felt like silk on this trip. So glad to have my NX back
Hope this helps with some that are having noise issues like I had....make sure to have what I had replaced checked out if you keep having noise issues.....perhaps this could be more widespread as an issue, or mine was just isolated.

Last edited by RDLGX; 06-06-15 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-06-15, 06:05 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Kudos to Lexus on resolving the issue and treating you with top quality customer service. Glad you've posted this for others to benefit and that you're now finally enjoying your NX!
Old 06-06-15, 06:21 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news, Ronn1! While I am not surprised at the Lexus customer service story, I am glad to hear that they did the right thing...and that was not to just fix the issue, but to ultimately have you fall in love with your NX again!
Old 06-06-15, 06:32 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks CorradoMR2 and leej865...yes, I think I'm sold on Lexus not only for the NX, but for all my future vehicles. I like a new one every few years, and it will be another Lexus. As another person stated on a recent post, it's not only about a problem that could arise, but it's how they go about solving them and taking care of their customers in the process. This is so important to me, and many dealerships just do enough to get by, and after the sell , they are done with you. I did not find that to be the case at all with Lexus. Extremely happy
Old 06-06-15, 01:34 PM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Recently I posted about hearing a rubbing- like noise coming from my NX F Sport. I have noticed several others here that are having noise issues which sound very similar.
After leaving NX for a week ( 3 hour drive to dealership ) , they discovered that the noise was louder at the rear Differential and more noticed with the Differential lock on. The rear Differential was replaced, still heard some noise , and then replaced electronic Coupler as well .....noise now gone. They told me this was very rare, and the old parts are being sent back to Lexus for further study . I can tell you that during this experience, naturally I was upset after having the NX for only a month, but the Customer Service through this is like no other that I have experienced. The service adviser called me everyday to give me updates, and they went over this car thoroughly before they would let me have it back. I was very impressed with the mechanic who has been there 25+ years. Very knowledgeable. Adding to the fun and discouragement leaving the NX, the RX350 loaner had a screw in the front left tire which I needed to get repaired as it was leaking air. Don't know if I picked it up, or if it was a slow leak. Lexus paid for that, my NX was clean inside and out with a full tank of gas, and they made me feel great again about my car.The Sales Manager, Service Manager, Mechanic, Service Adviser all met we me to make sure I was satisfied before I left. The ride home was great, and everything seems fine now. I do not feel anyone can top Lexus customer service. I was treated royally. The mpg was at 26.9 as I returned home.
Another observation I would like to mention is I found the NX to be much more fun to drive than the RX350 loaner I had. In addition, I found the NX to be quieter in most situations, only when going over rough surfaced roads, the RX was better. I much preferred the steering and handling of the NX best, it is not sloppy at all, and the NX sound system is so much nicer than the RX that I had with the standard system. I find the new engine with the NX to be a gem....amazingly quiet, and will get you down the road. 75 and 80 MPH felt like silk on this trip. So glad to have my NX back
Hope this helps with some that are having noise issues like I had....make sure to have what I had replaced checked out if you keep having noise issues.....perhaps this could be more widespread as an issue, or mine was just isolated.
Great to hear Ronn. I'm especially happy to hear you are pumped about your NX again.
Old 06-07-15, 06:40 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Thanks CorradoMR2 and leej865...yes, I think I'm sold on Lexus not only for the NX, but for all my future vehicles. I like a new one every few years, and it will be another Lexus. As another person stated on a recent post, it's not only about a problem that could arise, but it's how they go about solving them and taking care of their customers in the process. This is so important to me, and many dealerships just do enough to get by, and after the sell , they are done with you. I did not find that to be the case at all with Lexus. Extremely happy

Well said. I think the fact that we repeatedly see accolades towards Lexus year-after-year on industry-best reliability and quality, we sometimes set our expectations so high that we forget we're dealing with high-tech machines and they still, although lower risk, can have issues. But then, that's when you know you'll be taken care of with (yet again) industry-best customer service to deal with the issue as seamlessly as possible.
Old 08-09-15, 02:50 PM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

Can't agree with u on Lexus customer service. It SUCKS!!! We just got rid of our NX F Sport with only 5000 miles with an Audi Q5 because Lexus engineer said the engine noise is acceptable for him. Lexus is operating based on ONE engineer opinion. For that reason I will never purchase another Lexus ever again.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ns-thread.html
Old 08-09-15, 05:37 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon177
Can't agree with u on Lexus customer service. It SUCKS!!! We just got rid of our NX F Sport with only 5000 miles with an Audi Q5 because Lexus engineer said the engine noise is acceptable for him. Lexus is operating based on ONE engineer opinion. For that reason I will never purchase another Lexus ever again.

Did you try a ride in other NXs? If there is something different about your car, then the service advisor has no choice but to fix it. If they are all the same, then I think you have extremely sensitive ears and the NX really isn't for you. Maybe a tesla?
Old 08-09-15, 08:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Good luck with your Q5.
Old 08-10-15, 05:49 AM
PR3D4K1NG
Driver School Candidate

We drove 5 different NX F Sport, 3 non F Sport. none of them make that noise.

Typically douchbag from PA. Have fun with ur NX with plenty of noise even when it's new.
It is pretty clear that your experience with Lexus is different than a lot of people here. Instead of saying, for this reason I will never buy a Lexus again, you should be saying, I will never go to that Lexus dealership again.

I am signing papers for my NX on Thursday and I am over the top impressed with the persona that my dealership has employed. If the service department is at all different then I will be extremely surprised.

Sounds like you may have taken the easy way out instead of vouching for the vehicle you initially fell in love with.
Old 08-10-15, 08:46 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Lexus Corp is like a solid wall.
I too am sorry that this is what you got from Lexus. So many of us have had the opposite experience. I hope you love your Audi - I almost got one myself!
Old 08-10-15, 10:02 AM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I too am sorry that this is what you got from Lexus. So many of us have had the opposite experience. I hope you love your Audi - I almost got one myself!
i wish the best of luck for all the NX owners out there. i hope you all dont have deal with Lexus like i did.

We really like the NX design, but the noise is getting worst and worst, it is up to a point that really bother us, and Lexus Corp is not doing a thing about it which that push us away.
Old 08-10-15, 11:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Marlon177, 15LexNX2t, and Swacer exit this thread
Old 12-11-15, 02:58 PM
benny56
Driver School Candidate

I'm also having issues with nx 200 t F suspension noisy when going over bumps! vehicle began making that squeak ing noisy after having only 1000 miles on the road. lexus have taken a road test on it. they are claiming its a normal suspension squeaking noisy issue. my opinion they need to recall all nx to fix issue and tell customers they having that problem with vehicle's suspension. I'm taking them to lemon law court
Old 12-13-15, 06:02 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in South Florida Lexus has a rep for top level service. They get people in and out quickly, get them into loaners and get problems handled. The local Mercedes Benz dealers have stepped up their game also, for instance my wife had a screw in a tire on her C class, due to the placement of the screw the tire could not be repaired, the MB dealer warrantied a new 255/35/18 Pirelli P Zero, even supplied a loaner for the day.
The nearest Lexus dealer installed a putting green on the roof of their service building and has a Starbucks inside with coffee and sandwiches and snacks, all of which are free for customers.

Quick Reply: NX noise resolved issue/Lexus customer service