NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Exterior and Interior Cleaning Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 04:51 AM
NX200TNYC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exterior and Interior Cleaning Products

Hey guys, what products are you guys using to clean the interior like the dash and doors and what products are you using for the leather? Is Armor all leather wipes good for this type of leather? Also what type of cloth should I get to dry the car after a car wash? I have the F sport model
Old 06-11-15, 05:01 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Your seats aren't leather so you can wipe them with water and a soft cloth to clean.

I'm using chemical guys exterior wash with Meguiars white wax. For the inside, I like the 303 aerospace protectant but keep a can of the Meguiars quick interior cleaner wipes in the glovebox, since I seem to accumulate a lot of scuffs and what not.

I use just a plain chamois after washing (got a pack on Amazon) then do a once over with Meguiars quick Detailer.
Old 06-11-15, 05:05 AM
NX200TNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Your seats aren't leather so you can wipe them with water and a soft cloth to clean.

I'm using chemical guys exterior wash with Meguiars white wax. For the inside, I like the 303 aerospace protectant but keep a can of the Meguiars quick interior cleaner wipes in the glovebox, since I seem to accumulate a lot of scuffs and what not.

I use just a plain chamois after washing (got a pack on Amazon) then do a once over with Meguiars quick Detailer.
Awesome! OK where can I find this stuff? Walmart? Amazon?
Old 06-11-15, 05:09 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by NX200TNYC
Awesome! OK where can I find this stuff? Walmart? Amazon?
Either place for the Meguiars, but for chemical guys and aerospace Amazon would be a best bet.

You can also read through the detailing forums here, there are tons of products that all do a great job, and I'm sure you can find lots of recommendations.

Another good idea is to get two wash buckets and use grit guards to prevent from rubbing dirt and whatnot back onto the car (especially if you have a dark color). You don't want to put those contaminants back onto your paint and swirl it up.
Old 06-11-15, 05:12 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your seats are NuLuxe , do not touch them with anything except a damp microfiber cloth.

Armor all stuff is crap in general and should never be used on a car with a value of more than $2000. Complete trash.

For your screen and such, just lightly wipe it with a dry microfiber cloth with nothing on it, do not put any chemicals on it.

As for washing, I could talk about this for days, but I use Megiuars shampoo on the car and utilize a 2 bucket method with 2 wash mitts (1 for top an 1 for bottom) and grit guards. I use Turtle Wax ice detailer and a Cobra waffle rag to dry the car (you use the detailer to allow you to remove the water without scratching the clear coat). Use a chamois on the windows, but never use it on paint. You will scratching the living daylights out of the clear coat.

I then use meguiars non-acid wheel cleaner on the wheels and to clean those as well. For waxing, I use Menerva Powerlock sealant (I use this because I have a clear bra and can't have petroleum products and this is one of the best sealants on the market) I also have some Cquartz for the black plastic, but I'm yet to put it on since it needs 24 hours of cure time.

Using this same method for my Camaro, the car is 3 years old and doesn't have a single clear coat cut on it. Paint looks like the day it left the factory.

If you get clear coat cuts, come back and I'll give you some assistance on that as well.
Old 06-11-15, 05:15 AM
NX200TNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Swacer
Your seats are NuLuxe , do not touch them with anything except a damp microfiber cloth.

Armor all stuff is crap in general and should never be used on a car with a value of more than $2000. Complete trash.

For your screen and such, just lightly wipe it with a dry microfiber cloth with nothing on it, do not put any chemicals on it.

As for washing, I could talk about this for days, but I use Megiuars shampoo on the car and utilize a 2 bucket method with 2 wash mitts (1 for top an 1 for bottom) and grit guards. I use Turtle Wax ice detailer and a Cobra waffle rag to dry the car (you use the detailer to allow you to remove the water without scratching the clear coat). Use a chamois on the windows, but never use it on paint. You will scratching the living daylights out of the clear coat.

I then use meguiars non-acid wheel cleaner on the wheels and to clean those as well. For waxing, I use Menerva Powerlock sealant (I use this because I have a clear bra and can't have petroleum products and this is one of the best sealants on the market) I also have some Cquartz for the black plastic, but I'm yet to put it on since it needs 24 hours of cure time.

Using this same method for my Camaro, the car is 3 years old and doesn't have a single clear coat cut on it. Paint looks like the day it left the factory.

If you get clear coat cuts, come back and I'll give you some assistance on that as well.
You guys are awesome!!! This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks so much!
Old 06-11-15, 06:05 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NX200TNYC
You guys are awesome!!! This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks so much!
You can check out the detailing forum on Club Lexus as well. Some great tips for keeping your car in top condition:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailing-122/
Old 06-11-15, 07:04 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer / cleaner, diluted 4:1 in a spray bottle and a micro fiber cloth. Spray on the cloth, not on the surface, and wipe. Finish with leather conditioner on the seats and soft surfaces and 303 proctetant on the dash and other surfaces. If I can't find 303, I just leave it as as is.

Meguiar's QIDC is cheap and good and actually smells pretty good too. Use full strength for stains or if you spill something sugary, but diluting it helps to keep the smell subtle, but also ensures you don't use more than you need.
Old 06-11-15, 10:29 AM
aIRpeACE
Rookie

i used Meguiar and very happy with the result