NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Aftermarket amp & sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-19, 05:29 PM
David2512
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I found it is best to tap into front mids and the rear full for high level. This is what I did in my 2013 GS. For the Nx I tap into the sub with a audison loc cause I'm not planning to rip out my stock speakers. I also coulda tap into the rear full too but with that it will make my subs more punchy.
Hi, I am going to be adding a powered subwoofer, would it be best to tap into the rear speakers or front speaker, I have the 8 speaker pioneer system without a subwoofer, also don you get bass roll off on the lexus wouldninneed a lc2i to avoid this.
Old 03-24-20, 04:43 PM
Piotreknx2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VietJoE77
Do you think I can just tab the line out converter to the fl, rl, rr and fr to the factory stereo, with the 9 speaker wire . Then follow the wire diagram to connect the speakers. ..from the factory stereo? ...just leave out the factory amp?
Originally Posted by Rozay604
Are u running a 4 ch converter? What r u trying to do? Subwoofer, changing the speakers?
Hello, raising this subject again although long time passed. Having NX200t US '16 version where originally Pio as HU and Pio AMP in the trunk in place (HU Pioneer 86140 78010).
To achieve local (PL language) version and EU radio Mhz range - switchinng to Fujitsu (86140 78220 with navi tapped on the bottom and AMP built-in). Could you please let me know on how to arrange the wires to hu directly to "remove/skip" original amp in trunk?
Fujitsu EU 8614078220. All US cubes after Pioneer 8614078010 fits, but no sound thus asking what wires change in the cubes
Belo

Wires and cubes (original US)

Wires and cubes (original US for HU Pio and AMP in the trunk)
Aiming to switch into HU Fujitsu with amp built-in.

Last edited by Piotreknx2; 03-26-20 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Adding comment.
Old 04-07-20, 09:45 AM
mps2220
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by David2512
Hi, I am going to be adding a powered subwoofer, would it be best to tap into the rear speakers or front speaker, I have the 8 speaker pioneer system without a subwoofer, also don you get bass roll off on the lexus wouldninneed a lc2i to avoid this.
I listened to mine and thought the fronts doors had slightly lower range than than the rear doors, If I had a cheap RTA I could verify that with 100% certainty very quickly. Here is what my JL Fix 82 measured looking at the RED (Channel 1,2) ** The Orange line is the summed 1,3 / 2,4 channels

Old 12-04-20, 01:54 AM
bensiow20
Driver School Candidate

Hi all not sure if this thread still alive , i just got my 2015 Nx200T , went to purchase a aftermarket Android 10 screen , after installation at very high level able to hear hissing noise . Want to add amp and upgrade the speaker i was told by the installer the hissing noise for after market android is a norm and adding amp will amplify the hissing .

Anyone else had the same experience ?
Old 12-04-20, 02:45 AM
ramses974
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It is a big problem, it is very rare to get hissing noise in this kind of car, perhaps the Android screen is very very bad protected or made...Your installer is right, you will amplify the hissing noise... About your hissing noise , do you know the source ?? ( alternator ? or Can cable ?)
BOth can be very attenuated , as i told attenuated

PS :I do not recommend fitting Android in cars , because all products are not equal , when the software is right, they cannot do good in the sound etc and vice-versa... why not a good Chromecasting tool or Android car play additionnal feature...

Last edited by ramses974; 12-04-20 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-04-20, 01:39 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by bensiow20
Hi all not sure if this thread still alive , i just got my 2015 Nx200T , went to purchase a aftermarket Android 10 screen , after installation at very high level able to hear hissing noise . Want to add amp and upgrade the speaker i was told by the installer the hissing noise for after market android is a norm and adding amp will amplify the hissing .

Yes, I have experienced this for years with no-name brand android aftermarket headunits. No way around it unless I dumped the unit for some brand name one.

I think you can add an amp, the hissing noise should only be amplifed with on higher volumes. You could possibly use a DSP before the amp and filter it out but that's over my head.
Old 12-06-20, 10:02 PM
bensiow20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ramses974
It is a big problem, it is very rare to get hissing noise in this kind of car, perhaps the Android screen is very very bad protected or made...Your installer is right, you will amplify the hissing noise... About your hissing noise , do you know the source ?? ( alternator ? or Can cable ?)

PS :I do not recommend fitting Android in cars , because all products are not equal , when the software is right, they cannot do good in the sound etc and vice-versa... why not a good Chromecasting tool or Android car play additionnal feature...
unfortunately this is the flaw from all aftermarket china android , its too late I had even try to get the top specs ones . Thanks for your response and suggestions.
Old 12-06-20, 10:49 PM
bensiow20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ramses974

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
Yes, I have experienced this for years with no-name brand android aftermarket headunits. No way around it unless I dumped the unit for some brand name one.

I think you can add an amp, the hissing noise should only be amplifed with on higher volumes. You could possibly use a DSP before the amp and filter it out but that's over my head.
@Lexuswiz its a risk to take on how much will amplify the hissing and engine revving sound , on the bright site playing around the the Android EQ make it sound better than the stock with the same source . My installer has build another NX with dsp and amp and the hissing sound horror . But i understand that its a different android as well.

Last edited by bensiow20; 12-07-20 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12-07-20, 06:18 AM
mps2220
Driver

Originally Posted by David2512
To my ears, the factory fronts have more bass than the rear doors, use that. Grab the signal in the Passenger side rear quarter panel. Lc2i or any amp that has high level inputs that controls bass roll-off would be ideal. There is enough room to mount the amp behind this panel assuming you pick a compact new style class D which will run cooler than the older type Class A or Class AB. For Power, pop through the fire wall on the passenger side, remove the glove box and you will see the grommet.

Old 01-01-21, 04:19 AM
austinav
Rookie

Originally Posted by bensiow20

I solved this problem by turning off the android sound effect. And you plug a AUX cord to the AUX will solve the humming sound.

Old 11-23-22, 05:10 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So, a couple quick questions. Has anyone actually taken the factory amp out and replaced it with an aftermarket amp? Does it have too many channels to actually do that? I have 2 separate amps for Mids and Tweets, and a separate amp for sub. I was thinking, if you could modify the factory connectors to allow it to connect to aftermarket amps and run your system that way. Or am I going down a really bad rabbi hole of trying to modify the factory system.
Old 11-28-22, 07:12 AM
mps2220
Driver

Originally Posted by LophatRX
So, a couple quick questions. Has anyone actually taken the factory amp out and replaced it with an aftermarket amp? Does it have too many channels to actually do that? I have 2 separate amps for Mids and Tweets, and a separate amp for sub. I was thinking, if you could modify the factory connectors to allow it to connect to aftermarket amps and run your system that way. Or am I going down a really bad rabbi hole of trying to modify the factory system.
Check Crutchfield for what integration products are available for your car.

https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx
Old 11-30-22, 06:26 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mps2220
Check Crutchfield for what integration products are available for your car.

https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx
Yeah, they don’t list anything that’s helpful. But thanks.
Old 12-02-22, 01:36 PM
mps2220
Driver

Originally Posted by LophatRX
Yeah, they don’t list anything that’s helpful. But thanks.
What year NX do you have?
Does yours have the Factory Nav?
Old 12-04-22, 09:44 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mps2220
What year NX do you have?
Does yours have the Factory Nav?
2016 w/nav