NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 05:46 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was young..
I had a sc300 coupe ! I parked it in a ntc basement garage ( paid ) and the drippings of sediment from the bulding dripped on my car. Being the kid I was I tried to scrub it off . and the garage attendant did not help me. just kept looking. What I should have done was file a complant. The garage will have insurance, so will the car wash.

If the solvent they use can cause this type of damage, then you can prove that it is the car wash.
I mean anything can happen. I could have been a angry employee at the wash. But you should look into that more also. good luck
Old 06-25-16, 03:10 PM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same case here...never touch it before or applied any type of solvent/cleaning product just a soft cloth. It is coming off slowly, took this a while now it is better, will wipe it all off and leave it like that.

Old 06-25-16, 08:19 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LNXT200
Same case here...never touch it before or applied any type of solvent/cleaning product just a soft cloth. It is coming off slowly, took this a while now it is better, will wipe it all off and leave it like that.

you should get it replaced by the dealer. Did you bring this up to them? Waiting for all the coating to come off can take a while, even with some rubbing. Better to try and get the dealer to replace. Worse case - they say no.
Old 06-26-16, 06:55 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
you should get it replaced by the dealer. Did you bring this up to them? Waiting for all the coating to come off can take a while, even with some rubbing. Better to try and get the dealer to replace. Worse case - they say no.
No I didn't because it doesn't bother me, it comes off easily if I rub it with a bit of water and the microfiber cloth. I'll let the dealer deal with it once my lease expires. I wish the radio was touch screen like my wife's rav4.
Old 06-26-16, 12:29 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

just to let you know my experience - after I got the dealer to agree to replace it under warranty, I had to wait till the part came in, so I decided to see if I could get all the coating off and see how that looked. A good portion of it came off easily, then there were sections that did not come off even with a lot of effort. I think eventually, I'd get it off. But if it doesn't bother you, that's good. It'd drive me crazy (not a lease though).
Old 08-26-16, 10:42 AM
VEGASRX330
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread helped a lot to know my car wasnt the only one. Getting
my new screen replaced right now. Lexus of Las Vegas gave me
no issues about it as it must be a common problem.
Here's a pic of the issue:
Attached Thumbnails This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?-image.jpeg  
Old 08-26-16, 02:12 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

The question is, "Are they simply replacing them with similar units, or are they replacing them with units that that are not susceptible to this issue?"

This could lead to the issue appearing again or not.
Old 08-27-16, 05:25 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus dealer here in Indianapolis refuses to replace the screen on my 2015 NX F Sport.
After looking at the screen for 5 minutes and then attempting to clean the screen themselves (making it worse!), the service advisor insists chemicals were used to clean the screen and that is the cause of the issue. NOT true! I've never touched the screen with anything other than a Swiffer!

I am so frustrated and disheartened by this experience. He had the nerve to tell me how expensive the screen is, and went on to say that I could take it up with Lexus corporate.

In reviewing the warranty documentation, I found specific reference to material quality and workmanship ARE applicable to warranty coverage. But the dealer, or rather the person I spoke to in service, refused to take that into consideration and said it would be up to me to get approval from Lexus for any replacement. Very likely the last time I go through this dealership again, and will instead work through Ft. Wayne dealership.

dCota

Last edited by dCota; 08-27-16 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-27-16, 09:31 AM
VEGASRX330
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dCota
Lexus dealer here in Indianapolis refuses to replace the screen on my 2015 NX F Sport.
After looking at the screen for 5 minutes and then attempting to clean the screen themselves (making it worse!), the service advisor insists chemicals were used to clean the screen and that is the cause of the issue. NOT true! I've never touched the screen with anything other than a Swiffer!

I am so frustrated and disheartened by this experience. He had the nerve to tell me how expensive the screen is, and went on to say that I could take it up with Lexus corporate.

In reviewing the warranty documentation, I found specific reference to material quality and workmanship ARE applicable to warranty coverage. But the dealer, or rather the person I spoke to in service, refused to take that into consideration and said it would be up to me to get approval from Lexus for any replacement. Very likely the last time I go through this dealership again, and will instead work through Ft. Wayne dealership.

dCota
that truly sucks. did you mention how others have had it replaced or show them
them this thread. Lexus has so much money, whats the big deal. If they got an issue with replacing it, then dont put substandard screens in the vehicles!
Old 01-18-17, 02:38 AM
acheuk
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm starting to have this issue right now. I have a 2015, so after 1.5 years or so.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a TSB on this problem so I don't need to jump through the hoops with the dealership because it sounds like it's an expensive part to replace.

Also, for the people who got theirs replaced, are you experiencing the same issue with the new screens?

Thanks
Old 01-18-17, 06:25 AM
mball19
Rookie

My screen has this on the lower part of the screen. It was there when we purchased it CPO in December. I will talk to the dealer about it when I bring it in for the first service.
Old 01-18-17, 06:30 AM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acheuk
I'm starting to have this issue right now. I have a 2015, so after 1.5 years or so.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a TSB on this problem so I don't need to jump through the hoops with the dealership because it sounds like it's an expensive part to replace.

Also, for the people who got theirs replaced, are you experiencing the same issue with the new screens?

Thanks
The screen "cover" should be replaced under warranty, seems to be an issue with 2014+ with the 8" displays

Originally Posted by mball19
My screen has this on the lower part of the screen. It was there when we purchased it CPO in December. I will talk to the dealer about it when I bring it in for the first service.
Should be a no questions asked replacement, and should not take more than an hour.
Old 02-13-17, 01:28 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 249 Posts

There is similar issue with TSB for Lexus IS and RC model ( L-SB-0002-16 )
Does not seem like one exist just yet for NX model
Old 03-07-17, 11:31 PM
jaybeewayb
Driver School Candidate

Same problem since 9 months ago. Getting fixed today. Have NT 1 1/2 years.
Old 03-08-17, 11:08 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Does anyone know if Lexus has changed to screen for '16 and '17 models? Anyone with '16 or '17 have this issue?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: This Shouldn't Happen to the Nav Screen, Right?