⚡ Fuse Box Diagram? 📜

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-22, 09:29 PM
WasabiOne
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyyaa
hi,

I did this on my viofo a119 v3 dashcam - yellow wire to power outlet 2. . I used the power seats for my red wire. Black wire needs to be grounded. Merry Christmas!
do not use your power seats with the 30amp fuse. Most fuse taps can support maximum 15a. i think you'd risk a fire with the power seats.

does anyone else have a recommendation for always on "hot" fuse?
Old 02-15-23, 03:58 PM
syedma
2nd gear

Default Media or Audio System Fuse

Kindly, if one can provide detailed diagram of fuses and its given code of each fuse functionality one time this shall be helpful and cover the subject at once (specifically for fuse box inside vehicle).

I can see many feedbacks and not only answers but one of the respected person have provided technical name of those diagram too but the question is simple.

why lexus administration/technical dept. just do it one time for technical or non-technical customers by releasing in detailed functionality rather than leaving thousands of customers unanswered.

thanks

Mustafa
Old 09-02-23, 07:42 AM
randalicious
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Cabin fuse problems

I hope there are folks who check in here that know all about this problem. I finally found the cabin fuse box with the help of this forum.
Now, I need to remove the Cigar lighter fuse #`1 so I can use a piggyback to power my new dashcam.
(1) There doesn't seem to be a lot of fuse sticking up to grab on, in order to pull it. Does the fuse box have a release so I can move it to where I can access it more directly?
(2) Working with a mirror is not working well for me.
(3) This is the 1st car I've had that I couldn't lay upside down on the reclined driver's seat and rest my head on the floor to work on stuff under the dash.
)4) Where's the Waaaaaahhhh! icon?

See #2. Thanks.

Randy
Old 09-02-23, 09:31 AM
Earman
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by randalicious
I hope there are folks who check in here that know all about this problem. I finally found the cabin fuse box with the help of this forum.
Now, I need to remove the Cigar lighter fuse #`1 so I can use a piggyback to power my new dashcam.
(1) There doesn't seem to be a lot of fuse sticking up to grab on, in order to pull it. Does the fuse box have a release so I can move it to where I can access it more directly?
(2) Working with a mirror is not working well for me.
(3) This is the 1st car I've had that I couldn't lay upside down on the reclined driver's seat and rest my head on the floor to work on stuff under the dash.
)4) Where's the Waaaaaahhhh! icon?

See #2. Thanks.

Randy
To pull the mini fuses the easiest way is to use a fuse puller. I got one on Amazon. Your car may already have one with spare fuses somewhere in the fuse box cover... Otherwise you can modify a pair of tweezers by bending the tips at 90 degrees to make hooks, or you can try a pair of needle pliers. I don't know the answers to your other questions.

Last edited by Earman; 09-02-23 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-02-23, 11:25 AM
randalicious
6th Gear

Thanks for your prompt reply, Earman.
I went out today on a mini-shopping extravaganza and stopped by O'Reilly's Auto Parts and bought a $4.86 plastic fuse puller. It is bigger/longer than the little ones that usually come in one of the fuse boxes.
In years past, I've broken several of them, removing fuses in cars I used to own.
Getting to the last fuse on the left in my '21 NX, it is difficult to get pinch-leverage on the puller to get the fuse out. I invested about a minute in my hot garage trying, when I returned home. I'll invest more time one morning while it's still cool out there.
I feel like success is only a little more time and sweat away!

Last edited by randalicious; 09-02-23 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-04-23, 06:53 PM
randalicious
6th Gear

Cool

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
Trying to hardwire a dashcam, does anyone know which one is for the cig lighter because it seems like none of them are labeled "CIG"
It's the "15" Blue fuse at #9 up from the bottom left, which is Cigar Lighter (let's call them DC power outlets) #2, which is in the "trunk"
DC power outlet #1, is in the center console is the "15" Blue fuse at the bottom right of the fuses.
I'll vent here and see if someone can help me out of this fix. I'm trying to mount and power a Nextbase 222 dashcam.
I ordered a fusebox wiring kit that supposedly would just let me remove a 15amp fuse there and ;plug in a piggy-back fuse holder that the 15 would go into. There is a 2amp fuse in the piggy-back with a wire lead going off to power the dashcam through a USB power converter, 12v to 5v. The rest of the cabling goes from the wire lead to the dashcam on the windshield glass. So far, so good.
But, my 2021 NX has a different form of fuse to the mini-fuse format that the piggy-back has. So, the shortcut with a piggy-back won't work from my fusebox. It will probably work with many other makes and models of automobiles, though.
So, I will have to hardwire power from some of the wires or devices that have either 12v or 5v power.
I wonder if I can patch into the back of the USB port power sockets in the center console. How do I get to them without tearing something up?
I've tried prying the side panels of the console, but there is little "give" and I don't want to break or bend something out of shape.
Any ideas?

Randy

Old 11-21-23, 11:37 PM
NXown
2nd gear

Default How to check fog lights fuse if its blown and how to change fog light fuse?

How to check fog lights fuse if its blown and how to change fog light fuse?

Originally Posted by NXOwner
For those DIY'ers, here are photos of the interior fuse box location, map, and actual fuses on my U.S. 2016 Lexus NX200t.

The fuses are "Low-Profile Mini" blade-style, so keep this in mind when purchasing an "Add-a-Circuit" for your project.

Fuse Map:

Actual Fuses:
Old 11-22-23, 07:59 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm not sure if you are (1) asking a new question or (2) posting an answer to a previous question.
If (1), the location of the FRONT fog lights fuse is indicated by a red ellipse in the attached drawing.
If you are asking about the REAR fog light (a requirement in some European markets), the fuse is marked "FOG RR" in the image of the interior fuse panel labeled "fuse map".

One way to check a fuse is to remove it and measure the resistance between the two "prongs" with an Ohmmeter. Resistance should be less than 1 Ohm.

Old 11-23-23, 08:15 AM
NXown
2nd gear

Thank you. I found my fuses, my issue right now is if i turn on my fog lights, both of them will turn on, if i turn off my fog lights, both of will also turn off. But the left one will turn back on when driving while the right one stays off until I do the same cycle of turning on/off. I dont like this as it bugs me to have the other one stay on while the other is off. And I cant seem to find the issue. I took off the fuses (7.5 red) as indicated on the fuse box to check. The prongs are attached. There’s no sign of blown fuse. This is so annoying. Im afraid to get it checked at the dealership as I’m a woman and they have been taking advantage of me for not knowing everything. Been charged a lot in the past so im learning to do things myself first. Thank you for helping out someone like me.

Originally Posted by n0v8or
I'm not sure if you are (1) asking a new question or (2) posting an answer to a previous question.
If (1), the location of the FRONT fog lights fuse is indicated by a red ellipse in the attached drawing.
If you are asking about the REAR fog light (a requirement in some European markets), the fuse is marked "FOG RR" in the image of the interior fuse panel labeled "fuse map".

One way to check a fuse is to remove it and measure the resistance between the two "prongs" with an Ohmmeter. Resistance should be less than 1 Ohm.
Old 11-23-23, 04:31 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Your description of the fog light issue was perfectly clear and concise. A good percentage of Customer Service Agents employed by Dealerships could not have done this as well as you. You may feel intimidated, or a lack confidence, at the dealer service department because their vocabulary includes a lot of automotive-specific terms and colloquial expressions not familiar to you. I have worked in automotive component design since . . . well . . . probably before you were born. The women I have worked with have been no less capable than their male counterparts. The reason men dominate automotive service jobs has nothing to do with capability or intelligence; women are simply less inclined to be interested in or attracted to this occupation.
Try watching a few car service or car modification YouTube videos, and you will quickly enhance your automotive vocabulary (and consequently confidence) to the extent that no Dealer Service Writer will dare to risk attempting to take advantage of you, once they hear what you have to say.
Keep in mind that the Chief Executive Officer of General Motors is a woman, Mary Barra. The presidents of all the GM divisions report to her. You can listen to Ms Barra on YouTube as well, just type her name in the You Tube search box. She is a good example of someone who speaks with confidence.

Now that I have this mini-rant out of the way , let's see if we can collectively begin to solve your problem.
I an going to assume your NX is an F-Sport model. Please advise if I am wrong (will not be the first time). The F-Sport models have special fog light assemblies with integrated "cornering" lights. The fog lights have 3 separate LED "bulbs" (refer to attached drawing). The LEDs marked *3 and *4 turn on when the fog lights are On, and the LEDs marked *2 and *3 turn on coincident with the turn signals, on one side only, to better illuminate the road on the side you will subsequently turn toward. The "cornering" lights are supposed to turn off after you complete your turn . . . a function controlled by a computer that could be malfunctioning.

In Canada, cornering lights may be offered as an option on some non-FSport models . . . I do not know. The next thing to do is test to see if you have cornering lights installed, the result of which will determine the next diagnostic step.

Drawing *A, below, shows an NX without cornering lights, and drawing *B, with them.

Last edited by n0v8or; 11-23-23 at 04:32 PM. Reason: dumb spelling error
Old 01-29-24, 08:43 AM
czaki232
5th Gear

Originally Posted by n0v8or
Your description of the fog light issue was perfectly clear and concise. A good percentage of Customer Service Agents employed by Dealerships could not have done this as well as you. You may feel intimidated, or a lack confidence, at the dealer service department because their vocabulary includes a lot of automotive-specific terms and colloquial expressions not familiar to you. I have worked in automotive component design since . . . well . . . probably before you were born. The women I have worked with have been no less capable than their male counterparts. The reason men dominate automotive service jobs has nothing to do with capability or intelligence; women are simply less inclined to be interested in or attracted to this occupation.
Try watching a few car service or car modification YouTube videos, and you will quickly enhance your automotive vocabulary (and consequently confidence) to the extent that no Dealer Service Writer will dare to risk attempting to take advantage of you, once they hear what you have to say.
Keep in mind that the Chief Executive Officer of General Motors is a woman, Mary Barra. The presidents of all the GM divisions report to her. You can listen to Ms Barra on YouTube as well, just type her name in the You Tube search box. She is a good example of someone who speaks with confidence.

Now that I have this mini-rant out of the way , let's see if we can collectively begin to solve your problem.
I an going to assume your NX is an F-Sport model. Please advise if I am wrong (will not be the first time). The F-Sport models have special fog light assemblies with integrated "cornering" lights. The fog lights have 3 separate LED "bulbs" (refer to attached drawing). The LEDs marked *3 and *4 turn on when the fog lights are On, and the LEDs marked *2 and *3 turn on coincident with the turn signals, on one side only, to better illuminate the road on the side you will subsequently turn toward. The "cornering" lights are supposed to turn off after you complete your turn . . . a function controlled by a computer that could be malfunctioning.

In Canada, cornering lights may be offered as an option on some non-FSport models . . . I do not know. The next thing to do is test to see if you have cornering lights installed, the result of which will determine the next diagnostic step.

Drawing *A, below, shows an NX without cornering lights, and drawing *B, with them.

It seems I have very similar problem. Car : NX F Sport 2019. Left front fog light is "blinking" from time to time (in automatic light mode), right one was behaving the same way, now does not work at all.
Can I try to diagnose problem on my own or just drive to service?

Old 01-29-24, 05:05 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Do you have the single LED fog lights (drawing *A in post #25, above, or the 3-LED fog/cornering lights (drawing *B, above)?
If you manually turn on your fog lights, how many LEDs (on each side) illuminate?

For both types *A and *B, the left and right fog LEDs are wired in parallel, so both sides should be on.

The quickest path to a diagnosis is with Techstream or a scan tool that can read and display Toyota-specific trouble messages. If you do not have access to either, then a Lexus dealer may be the most effective option.
Old 01-30-24, 11:28 AM
czaki232
5th Gear

I have 3 -LED (drawing *B) - F Sport after facelift. If I turn manual fog light only left one is working, right one does not. That behavior was different week ago when both were working fine when manually turned on, however in automatic mode right one was either off or "blinking" . There is also issue with "blinking" from time to time with the left one.

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe car battery is weak (has not been changed since production - 4,5 year now)
No errors / warnings / info on the dashboard.

Unfortunately do not have any diagnostic tool.
Old 01-31-24, 10:55 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Laws and regulations that govern the use of fog lights vary between countries.
Lexus NX models sold in America allow fog lights to be on only when the low beam ("dipped") headlights are on. We do not have an "automatic" fog light mode, but if I turn on either automatic headlight turn-on in darkness, or automatic switching between high beam and low beam, and the fog lights have been manually set to on, then the fog lights will also turn off when the headlights turn off or switch to high beam.

Can you describe how "automatic fog lights" are intended to function? This information may be in the Owners manual provided to customers who reside in Poland.

Returning to the operation you described when both fog lights were working in some modes, there are several possible reasons for one side not turning on, or "blinking":

-1- Intermittent electrical connection in wires or connectors.
-2- Operation of the cornering lights is being misinterpreted as blinking.
-3- Activation of thermal protection, perhaps because the integral cooling fan has failed.

Lexus recommendation if -3- occurs is to replace the entire fog lamp assembly on the affected side. The LEDs are not individually replaceable. I doubt if a weak battery is the cause, particularly if the car starts reliably during Winter and all other electrical features are functioning properly,

Old 02-02-24, 06:32 AM
czaki232
5th Gear

When I mentioned the 'automatic mode,' I was referring to the default setting for all lights. I apologize for any confusion; English isn't my strongest language.
In complete darkness, when I start the engine, all six front lights should be on in automatic/default mode.
However, one light, specifically the right fog light, remains off. Additionally, when I turn on the fog lights manually,the right fog light remains consistently off.
This has been the situation this week. Last week, the behavior was different; the right fog light was intermittently blinking.
If this problem is related to issues with the wiring, is there anything I can check or diagnose on my own?

Quick Reply: ⚡ Fuse Box Diagram? 📜